Preview Round 18 2018 Sydney Swans hosting the Gold Coast Suns Saturday 2:10 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows Ted it wouldnt surprise me if he has lost his passion for the game after everything that has happened.

Yeah & he has a partner as well. It could be as simple as the club just making sure he is in a good space with football the last thing to worry about.
But eventually he may have a go in the NEAFL to get going again.

Well I really hope it is not a ROK situation with Reg but I have this feeling it is.

Call me old fashioned but I really like my key defenders to defend first and worry about all the other s**t later.

Heap big bullshit conspiracy theory with no basis here but last week I thought moving AA forward late was as much about getting him the * out of defending anything, given how badly he was toweled up, rather than he was the best guy to go forward.

It worked, he had a great game over all and blah blah but that super highly rated power forward Daw did flog him. After Harry Taylor made him work as well.

I really like AA as a player but key defender not so much. Perfect third unaccountable run around and do nice stuff guy. Great short kick. Makes ridiculous defensive errors trying screaming pack marks when he should kill the contest and all that. Has vision. Athletic.

Reg ain't like that. Give you bugger all flash but lots of steady. I like steady in the last line.

I will reiterate since I will be accused of "hating" or "not rating" the flavor of the month, I do rate and like him and what he brings to the team, but as a key defender I shudder to think what a JR or Hawkins or anyone with class that knows how to play forward would do to him at the moment.

Is it an off field thing with Gaz?

I like to think about what off field event has changed his life this season. Is it all affecting him?
So knowing how big Horse is on mental wellness, I won't rule out that Gaz may not be at his best mentally when he runs out onto a football field of late.
Hence no NEAFL footy.
Sometimes it's not black & white & as fans we miss that stuff.

True he is certainly performing lower than usual standard

Well I really hope it is not a ROK situation with Reg but I have this feeling it is.

Call me old fashioned but I really like my key defenders to defend first and worry about all the other s**t later.

Heap big bullshit conspiracy theory with no basis here but last week I thought moving AA forward late was as much about getting him the **** out of defending anything, given how badly he was toweled up, rather than he was the best guy to go forward.

It worked, he had a great game over all and blah blah but that super highly rated power forward Daw did flog him. After Harry Taylor made him work as well.

I really like AA as a player but key defender not so much. Perfect third unaccountable run around and do nice stuff guy. Great short kick. Makes ridiculous defensive errors trying screaming pack marks when he should kill the contest and all that. Has vision. Athletic.

Reg ain't like that. Give you bugger all flash but lots of steady. I like steady in the last line.

I will reiterate since I will be accused of "hating" or "not rating" the flavor of the month, I do rate and like him and what he brings to the team, but as a key defender I shudder to think what a JR or Hawkins or anyone with class that knows how to play forward would do to him at the moment.

I think aliir is better as the loose tall

Well

Jack should get the same treatment then

Jacks contracted I guess

But * me at least make some
Sort of statement re reg not withdraw then sneak him to the emergency list

Pathetic by the club

Jacks contracted I guess

But **** me at least make some
Sort of statement re reg not withdraw then sneak him to the emergency list

Pathetic by the club

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...or-2019-but-no-talks-yet-20180614-p4zlg7.html

"I'm definitely enjoying my footy. If the club want to keep me playing, and I feel like I can play a role for the team, an important part for the team, I'm happy to keep playing," Grundy told Fairfax Media.
Grundy's pre-season was affected by injury, which affected his form early in the year, but he believes he is now seeing the silver lining of not having to do as much over summer.
"Because I was forced to miss a bit of the preseason I actually feel a lot better this year than I have the last three or four years," Grundy said. "Just carrying a few niggles and injuries, it gave them the opportunity to settle down a bit and freshen up. This year I've been able to train a lot more, do most of the training, I feel really good actually."
Grundy, who plays a different defensive role to Aliir, said his younger teammate had a big future.
"He's definitely showed he's capable at AFL level. He was unbelievable when he played in the seniors and provides some real run and rebound for us when he's playing at his best," Grundy said. "He's a very good player. We know that, he knows that."

Reading between the lines, to me there doesn't seem to be anything non amicable between both parties.
My curious mind has me thinking that we will do some serious trading with GC to help them get some stability with senior players around the club as well as looking after some of our loved older players with careers beyond playing for the Swans & with the Stewy Dew connection, rest assured there will be some Swans players moving up that way to extend their employment in the industry, be it playing or in a coaching capacity as we did with Malceski.

So I strongly believe the Reg may get a year to play with the GC & will be well remunerated to do it. Much better scenario than if he fizzled out with us.

I'd be happy with that for Reg.

Heap big bullshit conspiracy theory with no basis here but last week I thought moving AA forward late was as much about getting him the **** out of defending anything, given how badly he was toweled up, rather than he was the best guy to go forward.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we're in a different position to last year. we can afford to rest a few while getting games into others for a deep finals run. Last year we were struggling to make it so no resting up. The Grundy thing is just a rest, and emergency just in case. He'll be back next week along with Paps. Relax people.

its a brave move by the coaching team. there has to be a query over whether he will get another contract offer. he hasn't been playing really poorly but the game is just moving beyond him. if rampe van play as our key defender as he did last week and have his most offensive game of the year than we have found a way to improve mid-year which we needed to do.

Me too. Absolutely.

Who are our key defenders given Grundy is now, seemingly, ROKed

Do we need a true lockdown one? I’m happy with Rampe, Marsh (Melican when fit) and AA

we're in a different position to last year. we can afford to rest a few while getting games into others for a deep finals run. Last year we were struggling to make it so no resting up. The Grundy thing is just a rest, and emergency just in case. He'll be back next week along with Paps. Relax people.

Papley is playing mate :)

My thoughts too. Keeps him playing continuously without the rigours of seniors, the rest you get when not really needing a rest! Hope they do this with Rohan.

Exactly they both could do with a run or two

Is it an off field thing with Gaz?

I like to think about what off field event has changed his life this season. Is it all affecting him?
So knowing how big Horse is on mental wellness, I won't rule out that Gaz may not be at his best mentally when he runs out onto a football field of late.
Hence no NEAFL footy.
Sometimes it's not black & white & as fans we miss that stuff.

While I sympathise with him if that’s the case, how is Horse going to decide he’s ready to come back if he doesn’t play NEAFL? I think it’s pretty clear he was dropped. There’s been no update on his ‘injury’ that forced him out of the senior side, and he was the travelling emergency last week. I know we all love Gaz but does the club think the supporters are stupid or unable to handle Rohan being dropped??

According to the daily Grundy is out because he was to slow and got ahold by JR and Hawkins

Sir Dane wasn’t much better. Aliir certainly wasn’t much better against North. That tells me you can have all the quality in defence you like but if it’s coming in constantly under no pressure, defenders won’t stand a chance.

I really hope that isn’t true because if so, Reg is being made collateral damage from our s**t midfield which Horse refuses to fix.

I reckon they played him against Richmond when there really was no matchup and realised that maybe they need to be a bit more flexible down back. I think last week they weren't expecting Majak to play forward. They did seem perfectly happy to play Melican, Grundy and Rampe in the same side though.
Perhaps they knew it would be for a limited time... and I'm pretty sure that Melican is quite a bit quicker than Reg.

hewett couldnt stop higgins. he was smashed. that was the story of their marks inside 50. withot allir and rampe's run we wouldnt have been in that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back