Toast Round 2 Rising Star Nom: Ryan Burton GET AROUND HIM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Kevin Sheehan is one of the judges I believe. So the fact that the media propaganda for McGrath and SPP in recent weeks hasn't tricked him is a good sign for Burton's chances.
yes, it stated in the article itself that Sheehan is one of the judges. he was definitely throwing some cold water on the idea that 1st year players get some sort of bonus loading because of that.

Congratulations to whoever wins the rising star. It's just a very small cherry on top of a fantastic year from Burton, McGrath and SPP. It's like Watson said about the Brownlow - the good footy he played with his teammates means a lot more than the medal.

Ryan has been excellent in defence, I'm looking forward to seeing him released into the midfield and forward line next year!

yes, it stated in the article itself that Sheehan is one of the judges. he was definitely throwing some cold water on the idea that 1st year players get some sort of bonus loading because of that.

He made very good points as well. The rising star should be for new players, not young players - I liked his idea of extending it to mature draftees as well.

Also of note was apparently Kevin Bartlett was saying Burton was clearly the best of the lot back in May on his morning radio show on SEN. Though it should be kept in mind that (1) KB is going a bit senile, so don't expect him to remember his stance on anything outside of Richmond, and (2) he does say things intentionally to rile up the talkback callers. So he might have just been trying to troll Essendon supporters.

Just had a segment on SEN where 4 blokes voted for the RS and only kingy gave it to Burton over McGrath.

If this is anything to go by he is no chance.

Also Glenn Luff was trying to talk up McGraths chances and talking down Burtons.
This is the same Luff who claimed earlier in the year that Port would go undefeated this year?

Given the gambling advertising money that goes toward everything AFL, could the Xperts be complicit in talking up anyone but the favourite to help the bookies offset the losses when Ernie gets the gong?

One for the cynics and conspiracey theorists.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I certainly believe that if he doesn't win it, it's not the end of the world. He's and out and out star, no doubt about it.

But I'll also laugh at how much of a joke it would be if he doesn't.

Andy Maher and Terry Wallace were just pumping up McGrath again saying it's his to lose after last week. Didn't realise one week compares to a whole season of consistent effort. What happened to "Body of work"?

We didn't seem to get too hung up when Cyril didn't win. Doubt it will worry me too much if Burto doesn't win.

But some here seem to get really worked up if the media say anything less than complimentary about Hawthorn.

Burton has it in the bag

Sam Powell-Pepper is a solid player and Andrew McGrath is alright, but they are so far behind in stats and in quality that Burton almost cant lose the Rising Star Award, unless god-forbid some corrupt politicking happens...

We didn't seem to get too hung up when Cyril didn't win. Doubt it will worry me too much if Burto doesn't win.

But some here seem to get really worked up if the media say anything less than complimentary about Hawthorn.

Mate Rhys Palmer won it that year, you know who Rhys Palmer is? no? exactly......

I certainly believe that if he doesn't win it, it's not the end of the world. He's and out and out star, no doubt about it.

But I'll also laugh at how much of a joke it would be if he doesn't.

Andy Maher and Terry Wallace were just pumping up McGrath again saying it's his to lose after last week. Didn't realise one week compares to a whole season of consistent effort. What happened to "Body of work"?
Terry Wallace actually picks Burton everytime he is asked. Picked him on Future Stars on Sunday as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back