Review Round 20 2021 - GWS Giants v Port, 6.10 pm at Marvel Stadium, Sun 1 August

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think he can play defence, he doesn't play on an opponent when there.

Probably will have to come in next week with Davis, Kelly and Hopper likely outs. Maybe play Himmelberg back?

I know he isn’t getting much of the game but as would like to see Leon play Bruhn…doesn’t have to be at the expense of his bum buddy Reid but just get some games and continuity into the kid.

Last edited:

I don't think he can play defence, he doesn't play on an opponent when there.

I agree. Ricardi would play the role that Haynes is playing and isn’t 5% of the player in that role as Haynes.
I still repeat I would love to see Himmelberg play as a lockdown defender for the last few games of the year. Let him scrag some players and get away with it like all the defenders do on him. Himmelberg tries sooo hard but loses way too many one on one contests as he is not a number 1 forward. Unfortunately our number 1 forward now plays for Geelong.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Isolation, season injuries, travel, in-game injuries, poor umpiring, and a few poor options all combined there. Effort was good though. Peatling had a great debut, plenty to work with there.

Turning around from the last game to the first game next week is just ridiculous, but highlights the terrible treatment we continue to suffer from VFL house.

With the short turnaround to play Cats next week, we're definitely going to be missing a few players; given that percentage doesn't matter to us, we'd be better to rest anyone who's got significant niggles, and let some youngsters have a run.

I presume Davis & Hopper will be out; could rest Kelly too. Maybe Reid as well.

Bruhn, Stein, de Boer, Riccardi, Sproule, Briggs all could be options to come in, with some positional shuffling possible.

Kelly and Hopper were ranked 1 and 2 for disposals today, and neither are yet committed for 2022.

If these guys don’t recommit in the next fortnight it’s going to get very, very scary.

Kelly and Hopper were ranked 1 and 2 for disposals today, and neither are yet committed for 2022.

If these guys don’t recommit in the next fortnight it’s going to get very, very scary.

hopper will resign ... Kelly I’m not sure about .... if he doesn’t that’s 3 top 10 picks for us to continue building a more complete list

hopper will resign ... Kelly I’m not sure about .... if he doesn’t that’s 3 top 10 picks for us to continue building a more complete list
If we do end up with 3 top 10 picks I would love us to move 1 of them to the following year's draft. That would be a smart move otherwise we could end up with the situation we had when we had 4 high picks all at once and Caldwell and Hately left for packets of chips

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I missed the game, who does he play like?
I find comparisons hard.
You end up some young kid plays like Wayne Carey or something!
But Pearling picked up a lot of intercept possession and rebounded well. Put his head over it a few times as well. He played well.
Halfway between Perryman and Haynes might be stylistically how I'd describe how he played.

I find comparisons hard.
But Pearling picked up a lot of intercept possession and rebounded well. Put his head over it a few times as well. He played well.
Halfway between Perryman and Haynes might be stylistically how I'd describe how he played.
Yeah sorry, it is a dumb question. Cheers for the reply though 🙂

I find comparisons hard.
Neither of those guys ducks for frees. It’s something Peatley will need to knock out of his game or we’ll have to send him off to the Bulldogs. Ducking aside, he looks a great fit.
Leon may not have liked his attacking play. Will likely be tagging Dangerfield on Friday night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back