Preview Round 20, 2021: St.Kilda v Carlton - Marvel Stadium, Friday 30th July, 7:50PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 35 76.1%
  • Blues

Votes: 11 23.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ig Highmore isn't right to go, definitely leave Clav in

Doubt Billings will be dropped.
Reckon we have seen what Clav offers. He is a really tall, medium defender which we have plenty of.
Bring in Joyce and see if he can play KPD

Yeah, I think Long brings some handy things to the forward line, but if he can't kick goals then we should try someone else.
Not sure we have anyone else who is being physical with pressure and getting in the spots for goals.
Line him up against Butler before this week and there wasnt much difference between them imo.
At least he has been getting in spots for a goal, should have had 2-3 goals on weekend.

Not sure we have anyone else who is being physical with pressure and getting in the spots for goals.
Line him up against Butler before this week and there wasnt much difference between them imo.
At least he has been getting in spots for a goal, should have had 2-3 goals on weekend.

he keeps missing

he keeps missing
Lonie will give you the 1-2 goals but you will lose the fwd pressure and halving the odd contest in the air.
Sharman I am all for giving a run but no idea what we would get.

Higgins replaces Kent's lead up role quite easily.
Reckon Long gives us the physicality that Battle offers and dont mind keeping him in there for that.

Lonie will give you the 1-2 goals but you will lose the fwd pressure and halving the odd contest in the air.
Sharman I am all for giving a run but no idea what we would get.

Higgins replaces Kent's lead up role quite easily.
Reckon Long gives us the physicality that Battle offers and dont mind keeping him in there for that.

Don't want Lonie either

That's all well and good and I don't disagree.
Unfortunately, the AFL rewards the bottom 6 with an easier fixture the following year. Finishing 13th this year could net us an extra two wins next year. If we didn't have the worst fixture this year then we'd be sitting in the top 8. Sure I'd love us to beat the best and get there no matter what, but realistically you need every edge possible. The Hawks are having a good old tank this year and will rocket up next year, they know what they're doing.
There’s no guarantee on any of that though. Have a look at Melbourne. Tanking since Paul Keating was PM. Only now are they half decent.
Just win everything you can and get a winning culture. Once the loses start stacking up that becomes the accepted standard.

If Longy does keep his spot he wouldn’t want to have another quiet one. Averaged just 9 disposals, 2 tackles and zero goals in the last two weeks, and his overall pressure numbers each week are not high.
I thought his pressure numbers would have been alright but you are right they arent great.
I did like how he put a shoulder through NicNat at one point although not sure it made much difference to him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the story with Marshalls isolation? Is he eligible this week.

Yes right to play

And so…

iWGQ4xy.jpg

Apparently Harry McKay isn’t likely to play.

ZAC WILLIAMS and Eddie Betts have been ruled out of Carlton's crunch clash with St Kilda, while Coleman Medal leader Harry McKay is only an "outside chance" to return this week.

ZAC WILLIAMS and Eddie Betts have been ruled out of Carlton's crunch clash with St Kilda, while Coleman Medal leader Harry McKay is only an "outside chance" to return this week.
The priest in your avatar has blessed us with his holy water.

That holy water of course is Furphy - a refreshing ale that is Geelong born and brewed using 100% Victorian hops & malt. The first sip is clean and crisp, with a subtle balance of fruit and malt to keep it interesting. Furphy - the official beer partner of the St.Kilda Football Club

xxuKqRi.png

Does using yourself as a human wrecking ball count as a stat in overall pressure numbers?

Honestly what Long does isn't a stat but his pressure game compared to Butts looks shitter on paper but if I'm playing on one of them I know who I'm choosing. Pit-bull mauling compared to getting your leg shagged by a Jack Russell. He had a poor game on the weekend but his kind of menacing presence would horrify defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back