VFL Round 20 - Collingwood vs Frankston at Victoria Park (Pies WON 137-10 #ApexIrkedFrangaKickedOne)

Remove this Banner Ad

Type of game where it’s difficult not name everyone, but keeping it to a few Fasolo, Crocker, Blair, Hellier, Hore, Sing, LeGrice.

Smith was good early, but hardly sighted thereafter. Wills in and out of the game.

I suspect Callum Brown had a fair bit of footy, but I was down one end and it’s difficult seeing work in close.
Cheers, buddy.

Best we could get would be a 3rd rounder, a player who is struggling to crack the 22, coming out of contract and looking for opportunities elsewhere isnt going to fetch you a 2nd rounder

Worst case scenario would be 3rd round FA compo (assuming no FA's added).

Confirmation from the club that McLarty was reported for a trip.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2018-08-19/rivers-praises-teamfirst-attitude
club bests said:
CFC best - Fasolo, Hetherington, C. Brown, J. Smith, Wills, Crocker
Rivers said:
“To keep any team in VFL to a goal is a fantastic defensive effort,” he said.

“We’ve always preached ‘team-D’ first and today was no exception to that.”

As would be expected in such a comprehensive victory, there were stand-out performances all over the ground. Rivers highlighted some of the club’s AFL-listed players who have hit form at the right time of the season.

“We’ve got some boys in really good form who are putting pressure on the boys up top,” he said.

“'Rupe’ (Rupert Wills) was good, he’s had a fair bit of time out, but he came back and his output was strong.

"'Fas’, (Fasolo) it was great to see him get reward for effort. He’s been consistent, but I think that was his best game, kicking five goals.

“‘Crock’ (Ben Crocker) kicked 2.6, so he’s getting a lot of opportunities.

“‘Blairy’ (Jarryd Blair) through the midfield, all the AFL-listed boys played really well.”?

Loving this winning culture.....

Magpie culture.

Never hear the media arsewipes talk about that....

Swans blah blah blah....yet a deadshit like Barry Hall was their captain....?

I find it hard to judge player performance when there is such a lack of credible opposition. I reckon the chattering of my teeth impacted more contests than most of Frankston's players.

Still, I want to put in a good word for Tyler Brown. He wasn't a big influence, and I doubt he had high numbers, but he had a bit more intensity and 'presence' about him today. He worked hard defensively, put himself in some good spots etc. He has a long way to go, and who knows whether he'll actually make it, but I enjoyed seeing some good signs.

I think I like Galluci most of all...fun to watch.

Really weird stats in this game. We won by 127 points and our highest disposal winner was Hellier on 17 and he was equal highest with a Frankston player.
When you’re kicking goals at will, a high possession handballing game isn’t really neccessary. Boot it in to 50, kick a goal, rinse, repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Josh Smith managed just 5 disposals. Luckily he made the 2 kicks count!!
There's something wrong with those stats, Josh Smith had 3 shots on goal in the first quarter kicking 2.1. They also only account for 8 of our 17 behinds and there's no way 9 were rushed, Rivers said Crocker kicked 2.6 yet the stats only credit him with 3 behinds.

There's something wrong with those stats, Josh Smith had 3 shots on goal in the first quarter kicking 2.1. They also only account for 8 of our 17 behinds and there's no way 9 were rushed, Rivers said Crocker kicked 2.6 yet the stats only credit him with 3 behinds.

grimlock...?

They have left off E. Smith (who scored a goal) as well. I presume the other Smith shown is Matt?

Solid win by the boys, good to see Fas kick a few after a lean trot goals wise. I'm guessing not too much to take out of it selection wise for the 1s though

They're some wired arse stats!
According to the stats, 37 scoring shots from 39 inside 50’s running at 95%.

I find that hard to believe.

Something similar happened with a Box Hill match earlier this year and it turned out CD didn’t get the footage for one quarter, and so they manually added the missing goal scorers and all the missing behinds were rushed. I’m guessing the same thing happened here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back