Preview Round 20: Essendon vs Sydney, MCG, Sunday 01/08/2021, 3:10 PM

Chicken dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know if you guys saw- but the stated reason this game is in QLD is due to swans projected non-availability for round 20…..which is a lie as we play saints…..

Clearly this is being held in QLD to accommodate syd players who haven’t seen family in 2 months. Still stupid tbh, should have just moved this to last round and swapped with swans/suns fixture.

On the flip side imagine the amount of Cotchin I refuse hubs BS we would be exposed to if tigers et al were in a 2 month uncertain hub.

I don’t know if you guys saw- but the stated reason this game is in QLD is due to swans projected non-availability for round 20…..which is a lie as we play saints…..

Clearly this is being held in QLD to accommodate syd players who haven’t seen family in 2 months. Still stupid tbh, should have just moved this to last round and swapped with swans/suns fixture.

On the flip side imagine the amount of Cotchin I refuse hubs BS we would be exposed to if tigers et al were in a 2 month uncertain hub.

We play the Bulldogs.

You're also talking about a time an additional fortnight away with changing restrictions. As it stands Sydney can't play in Melbourne and return to Queensland, maybe by the time we play Gold Coast that will have changed.

We also have a side where hardly any players have children, and a conducive series of games (GWS > SYD) to stay in Queensland.

We also are looking unlikely to be able to have a crowd at the game this weekend.

Yeah, it's not ideal, but there's plenty of logic for giving AFL HQ a chop-out with this one.

Sux another home game in Queensland but it is what it is....to be any chance of winning we will need bigger bodies against the Swans - so you'd think Cutler & Ham will make way for Langford & Waterman. It probably wont happen but I’d like to see Hooker rested and Stewart played forward for the rest of the year in tandem with 2MP. Zerk and Francis can come in to bolster defence.
Some of our big guns - Tippa, Hind, Shiel are not impacting or being tagged - start them on the bench to send a message. Also I'd play Cox as back up ruck and keep 2MP forward for the majority of the game, so changes I'd make would be:

OUT: Cutler, Ham, Hooker, Zakka
IN: Langford, Waterman, Francis, Zerk

Team:

Francis Zerk Laverde
Heppell Ridley Redman
Langford Waterman Durham
Perkins Stringer Snelling
Stewart 2MP Smith

Draper Parish Merrett

Bench: Shiel Hind Tippa Cox
What is it, 7 home games this season?

It’s gonna cost the club/league a bit in refunded memberships. Some people donated the money last year, doubt there’ll be as much of that for a second year.

Bit harsh on Shiel saying he isn’t impacting after he played his first game in 4 months and was on limited minutes of game time.

Also, have Cox nowhere near the ruck.

swans challenging the buddy suspension.

Once it was graded careless and not intentional he was always getting off. I think it's the first elbow that hasn't been graded intentional all season.

One last ditch effort. I think if we win 3/4 then we make finals

In: Langford, Francis, Waterman
Out: Zaharakis, Dev Smith, Cutler
Sub: Guelfi

Back 7: Stewart, Laverde, Francis, Ridley, Redman, Heppell, Hind

Wings: Cox, Langford, Durham
Followers: Draper, Zerrett, Parish, Stringer, Shiel

Fwd 7: Hooker, Wright, Waterman, Ham, Tippa, Snelling, Perkins

If we lose;
Bryan over Hooker for last 3 rounds

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've missed Jones cutting across the packs that Hooker and Wright generate. Hoping Langford can get up this week to provide that accurate, mobile marking option.
Swans in Parker and Kennedy are in form so we'll need to bring some hard bodies to the contest. Clarke has been decent since returning in the VFL, has experience running with big mids and it's a great opportunity for us to gauge if he has any value left at the top level.
Ins: Langford, Clarke, Guelf (promoted to starting 22)
Outs: Zaharakis, Ham, Cutler (demoted to sub)
The three outs are basically net negatives when it comes to contested ball situations. If we want to be a finals quality team we need to pick a team that can win finals quality games. We simply cannot afford to carry passengers who provide no pressure when our gameplan demands it.

Once it was graded careless and not intentional he was always getting off. I think it's the first elbow that hasn't been graded intentional all season.

Especially when this one he actually changed the hand the ball was in so he could throw the elbow, was the most deliberate of them all.

They stuffed up the grading for it.

I'd actually want him to get off because it serves the AFL right for trying to move the goalposts again.
Of course it means he plays against us which means trouble but if I'm being honest I'm more keen for the AFL to be shown up and maybe get their s**t right in future which will improve my enjoyment of the sport rather than playing a buddy less swans team one weekend.

We've missed Jones cutting across the packs that Hooker and Wright generate. Hoping Langford can get up this week to provide that accurate, mobile marking option.
Swans in Parker and Kennedy are in form so we'll need to bring some hard bodies to the contest. Clarke has been decent since returning in the VFL, has experience running with big mids and it's a great opportunity for us to gauge if he has any value left at the top level.
Ins: Langford, Clarke, Guelf (promoted to starting 22)
Outs: Zaharakis, Ham, Cutler (demoted to sub)
The three outs are basically net negatives when it comes to contested ball situations. If we want to be a finals quality team we need to pick a team that can win finals quality games. We simply cannot afford to carry passengers who provide no pressure when our gameplan demands it.
Clarke 31 disposals on the weekend and an excellent review from Cam Roberts. I would not be unhappy to see him included. Apparently his papers are stamped though, so maybe not worth it for the sake of whole-team development in the long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back