Preview Round 23, 2016: Hawthorn v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah right then :thumbsu:

Even if McEvoy is a late out, I still don't like our chances with Pitts and Fitz (haha that rhymes)

I would think with Moore, Elliott, Fasolo out of their forward line...
Adams and Swan from the midfield and Reid and Sinclair done... There is little reason we wouldn't get over the top of them.

Our forward line, Midfield & defence is intact.

We don't deserve a top 8 spot if we can't beat a side beaten up by Richmond 3 weeks ago

I would think with Moore, Elliott, Fasolo out of their forward line...
Adams and Swan from the midfield and Reid and Sinclair done... There is little reason we wouldn't get over the top of them.

Our forward line, Midfield & defence is intact.

We don't deserve a top 8 spot if we can't beat a side beaten up by Richmond 3 weeks ago

Couldn't agree more. We have to give a good showing tomorrow

This weekend's games so far show that we need to start very well. Build a good early lead and there is every chance, with nothing to play for, Collingwood will drop right off. The mistake we have made all year is keeping sides in it and giving them belief that they can claim a big scalp. Hit them hard and early like we did against North. Their attention will quickly turn to the end of season bender they will be starting post-game.

Equation if we win:

- We play Cats in qualifying final.
- Swans play GWS in qualifying final

Equation if we lose:
- We play Dogs in elimination final
- Cats play GWS in qualifying final
- Swans play Adelaide in qualifying final
- If we beat Bulldogs, we play the loser of Cats v GWS (likely GWS) away from home.

Bottom line, win tomorrow and we don't leave the G if we are good enough to keep winning. It also makes life more difficult for Geelong and Sydney. Lose tomorrow and we face a very difficult road including probably playing GWS away, which was disastrous last time. It also makes the road to the grand final for Geelong and Sydney quite comfortable.

Tomorrow is a final. Losing is absolutely unacceptable.

Equation if we win:

Equation if we lose:
- If we beat Bulldogs, we play the loser of Cats v GWS (likely GWS) away from home.

Bottom line, win tomorrow and we don't leave the G if we are good enough to keep winning. It also makes life more difficult for Geelong and Sydney. Lose tomorrow and we face a very difficult road including probably playing GWS away, which was disastrous last time. It also makes the road to the grand final for Geelong and Sydney quite comfortable.

I think Hawthorn at the MCG is a far superior team then when Hawks play away from the MCG. I mean Hawks generally play well anywhere but their best is at the home of football. Winning tomorrow against Collingwood is a must and I hope your team can. I think a lot of people are writing off the Hawks with things such as "too old - too slow" "There time is up" "They are on the decline" etc etc and other things. I think people are saying this because the Hawks lost in Perth last week. To me it seemed they were just conserving themselves. You see the Hawks know what to do to get the job done AT THE RIGHT TIME OF YEAR and that is during finals. The Hawks may not be playing as good as last year but I still think they are good enough to win the flag but first of all they have to beat the Pies and finish top 4. Hawthorn usually lift to another gear in finals (again they know what to do to get the job done at the right time of year).

All the best during finals.

Cheers.

I think Hawthorn at the MCG is a far superior team then when Hawks play away from the MCG. I mean Hawks generally play well anywhere but their best is at the home of football. Winning tomorrow against Collingwood is a must and I hope your team can. I think a lot of people are writing off the Hawks with things such as "too old - too slow" "There time is up" "They are on the decline" etc etc and other things. I think people are saying this because the Hawks lost in Perth last week. To me it seemed they were just conserving themselves. You see the Hawks know what to do to get the job done AT THE RIGHT TIME OF YEAR and that is during finals. The Hawks may not be playing as good as last year but I still think they are good enough to win the flag but first of all they have to beat the Pies and finish top 4. Hawthorn usually lift to another gear in finals (again they know what to do to get the job done at the right time of year).

All the best during finals.

Cheers.
bigton08

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equation if we win:

Equation if we lose:

Good summary.

Basically if we lose tomorrow we are pretty much making it high likely that it will be a Swans v Cats GF. Talk about making a s**t sandwich.

So Fagan said we'd be pulling out all the stops this week. I'm interested to see what that means. I hope it means we haven't done that yet.
Probably means we will fall over even more. Seriously who plays footy in boots without stops. Starting to worry about the brains trust.......

Massive game for Shoey... Unfortunately he won't get the luxury of taking 2-3 games to find his touch... If he is a non-factor/liability tomorrow, I can't see him keeping his spot going into finals with O'Brien knocking on the door. I wonder if Clarko may even give him a crack in the backline?

In saying that, Sicily would want to show the form he displayed in the first half of the year.

Although Burton hasn't set the world on fire from his first 2 matches, there is just something about him that says he is going to be a gun.. he has composure not usually seen in a 1st or 2nd gamer..:thumbsu:

Surprised Brand was dropped given our lack of height down back. Also, if they tag Mitchell we are going to be in trouble.

C'mon Hawks! We are still good enough to pinch a fourth flag!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back