Game Day Round 3 vs. Brisbane, Gabba, 7:30pm Thurs 28/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know what to make of the Crisp call. If you want to really send a message just ******* drop him. His forms been well off and giving him one quarter isn’t turning that around. He’s also been significantly better than Mitchell despite the drop in form. Gone full Buckley here, IMO!

Best finals player gets him a few credits. Back him to play well when he comes on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t know but it’s funny how Daniher and Cameron always play against us and always kill us.I wonder who’s going on them tonight?I would play Frampton on Daniher ,because he’s a closer checking player than Moore,who always plays too loose on Daniher.As for Cameron,who knows?Maybe Maynard?

I dont know what to make of the Crisp call. If you want to really send a message just ******* drop him. His forms been well off and giving him one quarter isn’t turning that around. He’s also been significantly better than Mitchell despite the drop in form. Gone full Buckley here, IMO
As you put forward yourself our form even taking into account our finals series wasn’t as strong as the first half of the 23 season. But Crisp was the opposite, he was extremely strong and played the system really well in our finals series. I think that buys him a ‘I’ll make you the sub to put you on notice and keep your streak alive’ rather than an omission.

The streak means something to Crisp and to the group btw I think a player in a podcast was commenting about how Fly could troll Crisp by letting him know he’d be rested during our end of season run last year.

No prematch highlights package from Channel 7 from last year’s grand final?I’m sure if the Lions had won,they would have gone out of their way to rub our noses in it,and remind us of the loss.

Glad the club is putting older guys on notice but it comes across as keeping his games in a row in tact.

If it makes him hungry, why not?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As you put forward yourself our form even taking into account our finals series wasn’t as strong as the first half of the 23 season. But Crisp was the opposite, he was extremely strong and played the system really well in our finals series. I think that buys him a ‘I’ll make you the sub to put you on notice and keep your streak alive’ rather than an omission.

The streak means something to Crisp and to the group btw I think a player in a podcast was commenting about how Fly could troll Crisp by letting him know he’d be rested during our end of season run last year.
Best finals player gets him a few credits. Back him to play well when he comes on

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think you’re both probably right and that take was as close to a game day vent as I get. I think though that I’d have others in the gun ahead of him (Mitchell, McReery, Hill and Pendles) who even if they spike aren’t going to give us what Crisp will if he does.

The rider is every time I get snaky over team selection in the Fly era I’m proven the fool so I hope I’m wrong, but the team moves this week have hinted at broader issues to me and I’m now fearful about tonight when I was previously confident.

He played like dog s**t against the Lions this time last year up there. I'm sure they were thrilled he played that night.
You seem to be quite negative towards Crisp. Were you happy with his GF?

When Malthouse was coach, the interstate trips were a chance to get away and galvanise the playing group. Had a great record. Hopefully this will be the catalyst to bond the players and get our season back on track.

Pies by 18.

I thought that was my gall stone. I don't think I can handle another loss, close to a death spiral. The joy of a gf win is fading rapidly.
Not for me. That glow will be with me forever. Doesn't mean I'm not frustrated and anxious about this season. Nothing can tarnish 2023.

You seem to be quite negative towards Crisp. Were you happy with his GF?
I love Crisp. But like anyone who has watched our games this year, we can all see both he & JDG have been poor. You can't sugar coat it. I love the message Fly is sending him by making him the sub.

As for his game last year against the Lions at the Gabba, he was dog s**t that night. That's a fact. Do you want me to lie about it?

I'm all for Fly doing what he said he would do in relation to the senior players.

I think you’re both probably right and that take was as close to a game day vent as I get. I think though that I’d have others in the gun ahead of him (Mitchell, McReery, Hill and Pendles) who even if they spike aren’t going to give us what Crisp will if he does.

The rider is every time I get snaky over team selection in the Fly era I’m proven the fool so I hope I’m wrong, but the team moves this week have hinted at broader issues to me and I’m now fearful about tonight when I was previously confident.

Agree on Mitchell and McReery, I’ve only ever seen Pendles play like this when physically hampered (including 2018 GF sadly) so I’m assuming the same even if we haven’t heard what specifically is his niggle. Hill I’m disappointed because I think he had the potential to take the next level and be the dominant small forward in the comp behind Greene, but I think he would have a reasonable argument to say he’s been quiet because our midfield has been misfiring.

On tonight I just don’t know where we stand. At the G I’d back us. Now it’s dependent on how we start the game and if it boosts our confidence in our system because in AFL confidence and momentum is already half the game but our gamestyle makes it even more so.

I love Crisp. But like anyone who has watched our games this year, we can all see both he & JDG have been poor. You can't sugar coat it. I love the message Fly is sending him by making him the sub.

As for his game last year against the Lions at the Gabba, he was dog s**t that night. That's a fact. Do you want me to lie about it?

I'm all for Fly doing what he said he would do in relation to the senior players.
You seem to be quite emotional about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back