Preview Round 3 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't drop stars like Riewoldt, Martin and Newman because they are under performing since even when they under perform they are still better than any of the hacks we have running around in the VFL.

I honestly cannot see us dropping this game. The blokes that usually tear us a new one arent playing (Sylvia, Jurrah, Moloney) plus we finally have a ruckman to negate Jamar's recent dominance against us.

They lose some experience with Petterd, Green and McDonald going out and bring in soft c*cks like Davey and Morton.

We are basically going at full strength and have had decent results against the pies and blues without getting anything from the likes of Dusty, Tyrone, Jack, Newy and a few others. These blokes are due for a big one and we all know what we are going to get from Cotch.

Tigers by 10 goals

Just noticed this now, Melbourne is playing a ridiculously tall backline. As soon as the ball hits the deck in our 50 they are seriously ****ed.

Have a look at this...

Frawley 193cm
Garland 191cm
McDonald 194cm
Rivers 192cm
Sellar 196cm

Who is going to take Nahas, Maric, Edwards and even Cotchin when he is down forward.

Cotchin BOG, Nahas to kick 3 as Maric, Jack to snap outta the sooks and kick 6, TV to kick 3 and GA 3, Martin to monster everyone and kick a handy 4 - from outside 50, Rance and Morris to destroy the whole MFC forward line..................... ahhhhhhh a man can only dream ;)

Just noticed this now, Melbourne is playing a ridiculously tall backline. As soon as the ball hits the deck in our 50 they are seriously ****ed.

Have a look at this...

Frawley 193cm
Garland 191cm
McDonald 194cm
Rivers 192cm
Sellar 196cm

Who is going to take Nahas, Maric, Edwards and even Cotchin when he is down forward.
If our ball movement is slow and they are given the opportunity to clog up our forward line the pace of our smalls will have no impact , infact having the smalls will be liability . This , especially with the side named , is one game we have to back our run and skills in .

How did I know that a post like this was going to be put up in response to mine. As I said people are carrying on about how by picking Jackson we're giving games to players that aren't performing. Well IMO neither Jack or Dusty are performing at the level that we expect from them, yet they get excused because posters use the old, but they are match winners line. Well if they are match winners and we're currently 0-2 it would be fair to say its because a couple of our match winners aren't performing their roles. Not because Jackson has turned the ball over occassionally(not on his own there) or dropped the odd mark(again not on his own there).

Well you didn't address anything I wrote there RT you have just genralised. Also in terms of turnovers there are many culprits however he is by far the worst and no I have not seen anyone drop such simple chest marks like he did last Saturday since the Aus Kick under 10's ran out at half time.

Of course Martin and jack aren't playing well along with Vickery. I think that has been well and truly addressed. However although it is not ideal when they don't play well, they are still easily in our best 22.

Jackson is not when he plays the way he currently is. If you can't see that this guy needs to be moved on for our team to be better then I can't help you.

I think we are going to beat up on them in the middle on the weekend. I just hope our forward line performs to put them away early and then let there heads drop....then keep going.

Really hoping Adamm Maric has a huge game against his old club.

After a 0-2 start we come up against Melbourne who are also 0-2 but seem to be travelling much worse than we are given they lost to Brisbane and were thumped by the Eagles.

This is our best chance for a win in the first 5 weeks and we must do everything to ensure that it happens.

On the injury front we've got King out for 6 weeks with a PCL while Foley will be playing with a broken nose suffered last week against the Pies. Apart from that we're pretty well at full strength minus the LTI players.

Possible Line Up:

B: Morris Rance Batchelor
HB: Houli Grimes Newman
C: Conca Cotchin Deledio
HF: Martin Vickery Grigg
F: Miller Riewoldt Nahas
R: I.Maric Tuck Foley
INT: Edwards Jackson Ellis A.Maric

Out: King In: A.Maric

Others in the frame for a call up include Webberley White Arnot McGuane Graham Dea.

Spot on RT... the man is a genius :)

Have a look at this...

Frawley 193cm
Garland 191cm
McDonald 194cm
Rivers 192cm
Sellar 196cm

they are making sure that they have numbers at marking contests for JR and Vickery. i.e. there will always be 2 on 1....their mids will push back and try and help out when the ball hits the deck...so they will clog our FL big time..suck our mids into the FL and then break with speed...beware of the Aaron Davey's of this world.. they have picked their best line up so far this year, allowing for who they couldnt select. They have looked at the tankers game and have loaded up on mismatches height wise in their FL as well...beware tigers..;)

If our ball movement is slow and they are given the opportunity to clog up our forward line the pace of our smalls will have no impact , infact having the smalls will be liability . This , especially with the side named , is one game we have to back our run and skills in .

Bizarre logic. How can having 5 defenders over 190cm be a liability for our small forwards? If anything, as soon as the ball hits the ground it will be them who are the liability.

I am more worried about our height (or lack of) at the other end of the ground.

They have:
Dunn (192cm)
Bate (192cm)
Clarke (200cm)
Martin (198cm)
Howe (190cm)
Watts (196cm)
Jamar (198cm)

By comparison we have Rance (194cm), Grimes (193cm) and Batchelor (188cm)

From what I get out of all of this is that if we are in the game at half time we should be able to out run them in the second half. 12 of their 22 players are over 190cm - more than half the side. Of those 12 only really Watts, Dunn and Bate can go into the midfield rotations.

In reality if we can quell their tall forwards guys who can run all day like Conca, Newman, Nahas, Cotchin, Foley, Deledio and (Jackson & Edwards :eek: ) should have a field day.

Bizarre logic. How can having 5 defenders over 190cm be a liability for our small forwards? If anything, as soon as the ball hits the ground it will be them who are the liability.

I am more worried about our height (or lack of) at the other end of the ground.

They have:
Dunn (192cm)
Bate (192cm)
Clarke (200cm)
Martin (198cm)
Howe (190cm)
Watts (196cm)
Jamar (198cm)

By comparison we have Rance (194cm), Grimes (193cm) and Batchelor (188cm)

From what I get out of all of this is that if we are in the game at half time we should be able to out run them in the second half. 12 of their 22 players are over 190cm - more than half the side. Of those 12 only really Watts, Dunn and Bate can go into the midfield rotations.

In reality if we can quell their tall forwards guys who can run all day like Conca, Newman, Nahas, Cotchin, Foley, Deledio and (Jackson & Edwards :eek: ) should have a field day.

26 and fine for Saturday arvo dude...they are going to play the ball in the air as often as they can..and your suggestion about talls not being able to run is flawed. These days they all have pace even in and around 190 or so. Like Dunn and Bate are no slouches when it comes to having pace. Give you the mail as well, this "if we are in the game at half time" s**t is also flawed to the max, because that also implies that they will be in the game at half time and if that is the case, they will have a sniff and apply the pressure in that quarter that has ****ed us up in R1 and 2 and then we are back to the future trying to claw it back in the last, they clog, flood do whatever it takes to string out the time it takes for us to score and we lose...so we better have iced this one by the big break because i for one will be very worried.
What worries me even more is that I have a real bad feeling that we are going to be going gaga big time with the umpiring desicions going their way in spots that score them goals....its one of those games that falls into the lets get more drama happening from the AFL, by giving the demons supporters hope, since they have been front and center in the last couple of weeks in the drama stakes and elevating the tried and tested drama club back to its rightful position of drama king..;)

26 and fine for Saturday arvo dude...they are going to play the ball in the air as often as they can..and your suggestion about talls not being able to run is flawed. These days they all have pace even in and around 190 or so. Like Dunn and Bate are no slouches when it comes to having pace. Give you the mail as well, this "if we are in the game at half time" s**t is also flawed to the max, because that also implies that they will be in the game at half time and if that is the case, they will have a sniff and apply the pressure in that quarter that has ****ed us up in R1 and 2 and then we are back to the future trying to claw it back in the last, they clog, flood do whatever it takes to string out the time it takes for us to score and we lose...so we better have iced this one by the big break because i for one will be very worried.
What worries me even more is that I have a real bad feeling that we are going to be going gaga big time with the umpiring desicions going their way in spots that score them goals....its one of those games that falls into the lets get more drama happening from the AFL, by giving the demons supporters hope, since they have been front and center in the last couple of weeks in the drama stakes and elevating the tried and tested drama club back to its rightful position of drama king..;)

Yeah, getting a bit sick of this 3rd quarter crap I keep hearing. Yes we had a bad 8 minutes against the Pies but we won the 3rd against the Blues making us 1 and 1 for the year.... hardly the greatest issue... The only part we have been poor in the 5-10 minutes immediately after half time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big week, no doubt. Should be a good game. If we lose, no doubt it will be heart-wrenching loss. We have shown we can play good footy, we have played two top 8 teams in our first week with a combined score of 65 loss. Melbourne played Brisbane, who finished lower then us and West Coast with a combined losing score of 149. Difference of 84 points. We are a decent side. We just need to piece it together, get more experience into our very young list and it will come together.

Yeah, getting a bit sick of this 3rd quarter crap I keep hearing. Yes we had a bad 8 minutes against the Pies but we won the 3rd against the Blues making us 1 and 1 for the year.... hardly the greatest issue... The only part we have been poor in the 5-10 minutes immediately after half time.

strange stuff...so in your mind, what quarter is 5-10 minutes after half time? ;)

Negatives aside where we should win this is in the contested ball. Although the stats dont reflect it I think our contested stuff has gone up quite a few notches this year and this Sat we wont be up against Judd, Murphy, Carazzo, Scotland and Gibbs or Pendlebury, Swan, Thomas etc etc. First use is a huge thing and we should prevail provided big Ivan can match Jamar.

26 and fine for Saturday arvo dude...they are going to play the ball in the air as often as they can..and your suggestion about talls not being able to run is flawed. These days they all have pace even in and around 190 or so.

Maybe but how many of them are genuine marking forwards? I would say Howe and maybe Clark on a good day.

Reality Riewoldt, Miller and Vickery don't have to kick 10 between them this week they just need to get it to the ground. Fact is, we should tear these guys a new one when the ball hits ground level.

And neither Bate, Dunn, McDonald, Sellar, Jamar or Martin can be classified as being fast

strange stuff...so in your mind, what quarter is 5-10 minutes after half time? ;)

Well Cogga... in your mind, if one team scores more points than another team in a quarter have they 'won' the quarter? That's what happened against Carlton. We lost against Collingwood. So like I said it's 1-1 for the season. Not that difficult to understand Cogga...;)

However we have lost both 2nd quarters this year, so perhaps that may be an area of concern... kicking only 3 goals combined versus 8... Or don't stats work for you?

Well Cogga... in your mind, if one team scores more points than another team in a quarter have they 'won' the quarter? That's what happened against Carlton. We lost against Collingwood. So like I said it's 1-1 for the season. Not that difficult to understand Cogga...;)

However we have lost both 2nd quarters this year, so perhaps that may be an area of concern... kicking only 3 goals combined versus 8... Or don't stats work for you?

well corrolla, the question has nothing to do with any of the above, the question was what quarter is 5-10 minutes after half time? where you stated "The only part we have been poor ."
You might be onto something though. I mean Dimma suggests that we have improved. So it might be that we have addressed a previous problem of our opening 5-10 minutes of a game and moved it to after half time. The plan might be to gradually move it to after the game eventually, since we have moved it along the time line. ;)

well corrolla, the question has nothing to do with any of the above, the question was what quarter is 5-10 minutes after half time? where you stated "The only part we have been poor ."
You might be onto something though. I mean Dimma suggests that we have improved. So it might be that we have addressed a previous problem of our opening 5-10 minutes of a game and moved it to after half time. The plan might be to gradually move it to after the game eventually, since we have moved it along the time line. ;)

Now this definitely has merit. But I don't look forward to that period of time where we lose all our games in the last 10 mins of the match. Gonna lose my s**t right then and there :D

Was nervous as hell leading into round 1, but far more nervous for this one, round 1 we weren't expected to win, but this time around we are expected to win and win well and if we lose s**t will really hit the fan.

Couldn't we just move the 10 minutes that we are crap to training or to half-time. Or perhaps we could spread the time out amongst the players so that 18 aren't crap all at the same time ;)

Couldn't we just move the 10 minutes that we are crap to training or to half-time. Or perhaps we could spread the time out amongst the players so that 18 aren't crap all at the same time ;)

LMAO..this is gathering momentum. In fact its better that we dont spread it out amongst the players and this must be the reason why its limited to Hackson he continues to be included..next phase of the plan is to have him on the IC bench and then introduce him later and later into a match, so the 2 year contract is ingenious because by the time we want to move being crap until after the game, it will coincide with his 2 years being up. ;)

LMAO..this is gathering momentum. In fact its better that we dont spread it out amongst the players and this must be the reason why its limited to Hackson he continues to be included..next phase of the plan is to have him on the IC bench and then introduce him later and later into a match, so the 2 year contract is ingenious because by the time we want to move being crap until after the game, it will coincide with his 2 years being up. ;)

I figure there must be some sort of AFL rule where the Tigers must have 2-3 completely *ed players in the team or we get fined. Therefore Wacko Jacko, Shank Edwards must play and other players need to contribute random shanks per game (Rance, Post, Tuck, Houli etc) to get us to our quota each week.

I wonder if introducing Jackson into the ruck in a few games would result in him being injured and having to miss games. This is becoming a bit of a problem as he hasn't whacked or elbowed anyone this season to allow us to bring someone better in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back