Preview Round 4: Essendon vs Carlton, MCG, Saturday 27/06/2020 @ 7:40 PM (As it stands)

Winner winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Essendon are going to be working very closely with health experts over the next couple of days apparently. Sounds good to me, seems like they’re focusing on the virus more than the match...
This pearler from the Carlton board, I feel dirty just going on there ....Gee I hate these C%$*s

Won’t be easy, they were impressive against Cats they should have beaten Dees. Bad start cost them against Dees and Tigers.

Heppell a big out, hopefully Raz comes back in. Reckon we look good on both end of ground, midfield big concern. Wonder if Clarke is an option, even if Cripps starts well against him we could use him on Murphy or even Walsh.

Won’t be easy, they were impressive against Cats they should have beaten Dees. Bad start cost them against Dees and Tigers.

Heppell a big out, hopefully Raz comes back in. Reckon we look good on both end of ground, midfield big concern. Wonder if Clarke is an option, even if Cripps starts well against him we could use him on Murphy or even Walsh.
It might be fanciful, but I hope we see a 2013 like unification and effort from our squad this week after what has happened to Connor and the club by extension

Apparently Harry McKay will miss this week which sucks for us...his marking has been good and he's a big presence in the F50 that demands close attention. So that should help your key defenders.

tenor.gif

Apparently Harry McKay will miss this week which sucks for us...his marking has been good and he's a big presence in the F50 that demands close attention. So that should help your key defenders.
Sucks for you, good for us. Don’t think we had a great match up for him tbh.

So without McKay:

Hooker - Casboult
Hurley - McGovern
Francis - Silvagni
Ridley - Martin
Saad - Betts
Redman - resting mid (except for Cripps)

When Cripps is forward, Francis plays on him, Ridley on Silvagni and Redman on Martin (unless we play Gleeson as the 7th defender)

Sucks for you, good for us. Don’t think we had a great match up for him tbh.

Not many teams do...200cm guy who's also quite fast and a good contested mark.

Probably too quick for Hurley and hooker, too big for your other defenders.

We are missing mckay, curnow, newman and fisher from our best 22. I rate pittonet above kreuzer.

Are you missing danniher, heppell, mckenna?

We are missing mckay, curnow, newman and fisher from our best 22. I rate pittonet above kreuzer.

Fantasia has yet to be confirmed as an in so he’s a possibility as well. I’d love to get Ambrose in and move Hooker forward but can’t count a fit a bloke as part of our 22

Hurley’s pretty strong on a lead but would have really struggled with his height.

Ironically enough, the week's rest is effectively a bye-week for us, and the rest will probably help us against a tired Blues side that had to pull out all the stops to fight off a late surge by the Cats.

Throw in a bit of bitterness from being treated like s**t by the rest of the competition over nothing (and most likely the adulation of being a team when it was a chance they wouldn't have been) and we have the stage set up perfectly for bringing Carltank right down to Earth.

Now is our chance to turn the tides of what would have been a massive negative, into a positive, and stamp our authority on a kick-started flag campaign.

Go for the jugular and don't let go.

So without McKay:

Hooker - Casboult
Hurley - McGovern
Francis - Silvagni
Ridley - Martin
Saad - Betts
Redman - resting mid (except for Cripps)

When Cripps is forward, Francis plays on him, Ridley on Silvagni and Redman on Martin (unless we play Gleeson as the 7th defender)
Martin will spend most of his time on ball after the success we had in the first 3/4 last week. Cuningham is the other forward for match ups. We probably play one of Philp (7 tackles at 2 goals on a half v geelongs reserves - debutant) or Kennedy (direct swap with Cripps through the middle) As forwards to replace mckay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should be able to get him back if today’s test comes back negative.

Ironically enough, the week's rest is effectively a bye-week for us, and the rest will probably help us against a tired Blues side that had to pull out all the stops to fight off a late surge by the Cats.
dunno about that ... i think this early in the season and with shortened quarters I'd prefer to be in Carlton's position right now. Our fresher legs vs their sharper skills.

dunno about that ... i think this early in the season and with shortened quarters I'd prefer to be in Carlton's position right now. Our fresher legs vs their sharper skills.

it’ll be interesting to see how it goes.

I tend to think having more match practice at this point would be beneficial. But it also may have given some sore players a chance to recoup. Who knows!

Throw in a bit of bitterness from being treated like sh*t by the rest of the competition over nothing (and most likely the adulation of being a team when it was a chance they wouldn't have been) and we have the stage set up perfectly for bringing Carltank right down to Earth.

Let's not forget your own contribution and carry on at the beginning.
I saw it coming from a mile away.

WHY ARE WE EVEN ALLOWING PEOPLE FROM OVERSEAS?

Should have stayed in Ireland!

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

100% facepalming myself right now.
Was expelling excess nasal discharge all over the field with a clearly congested nose, he knew he wasn't 100% and still chose to attend.

Ban him for the rest of the year to set an example and move on.

and what, put a stop to Walsh's mass of ineffective disposals?

just went and read some of the cok goggling on the carlton board at the prospect of playing us with a half a team.
We know how that ended up for them last time.
I hate these pricks and we better start fast, finish faster and obliterate these pricks season. They can crumble and end up getting another number 1 pick

just went and read some of the cok goggling on the carlton board at the prospect of playing us with a half a team.
We know how that ended up for them last time.
I hate these pricks and we better start fast, finish faster and obliterate these pricks season. They can crumble and end up getting another number 1 pick

Carlton would be front of the line frothing for an easy undeserved 4 points.

All jokes aside it's actually become a bit pitiful to see how irrelevant a once big club like Carlton has become. There's almost a bit of the Sopranos 'sad clown' about them. I guess it's a survival of the fittest scenario where a club who's foundations are built on cheating and undermining the competition slides into the abyss in a far more professional era.

Sometimes you get a lifeline though and there is actually a nice fit for a merger with their equally struggling neighbours in North. Even your most ardent Carton supporters would agree that the Carlton Kangaroos would he an upgrade on their current brand.

All jokes aside it's actually become a bit pitiful to see how irrelevant a once big club like Carlton has become. There's almost a bit of the Sopranos 'sad clown' about them. I guess it's a survival of the fittest scenario where a club who's foundations are built on cheating and undermining the competition slides into the abyss in a far more professional era.

Sometimes you get a lifeline though and there is actually a nice fit for a merger with their equally struggling neighbours in North. Even your most ardent Carton supporters would agree that the Carlton Kangaroos would he an upgrade on their current brand.
Proper diss. I like it.
Though I think North Melbourne Blues might be better. In a plain royal blue jumper with a white NMFC crest.

Proper diss. I like it.
Though I think North Melbourne Blues might be better. In a plain royal blue jumper with a white NMFC crest.
Are you in design?!? I can actually picture that jumper!

Nobody likes change (initially) but when the horrifying pain and trauma of it all eventually wears off they will have a club they could actually be proud of. Deep down they know they want that for the next generation :)

Nah just get rid of them completely and bring a tassie team in

Nah just get rid of them completely and bring a tassie team in
Maybe you're right but i wouldn't like to say as its a very sensitive issue for their supporters (obviously). But sometimes, if we are honest, we see that something is so decayed and broken down that it's better to just bury it and move on. Maybe just pull down the old stands and build something for the kids so the whole memory can slowly fade away. A skate park or a merry go round or something. change the energy of the whole site from the 'bad things happened there' feel it has today. Maybe then over time even possums and birds and other animals will come back too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back