VFL Round 4 - Geelong vs Collingwood at Queen Elizabeth Oval (Pies WON 92-83, replay P15, Post #361)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just finished watching.

Jordan De Goey's clearance work and general read of the play is simply brilliant.

His sense of anticipation, strength in the contest, vision and awareness, ability to get the ball to a winning position is top class already. On top of that he's a good kick, a great mark, has good acceleration, and a champion attitude.

Just finished watching.

Jordan De Goey's clearance work and general read of the play is simply brilliant.

His sense of anticipation, strength in the contest, vision and awareness, ability to get the ball to a winning position is top class already. On top of that he's a good kick, a great mark, has good acceleration, and a champion attitude.

So, you like him Vankri?:D

'Bout time he got a full game in the seniors. JDG is absolutley banging the door down.

So, you like him Vankri?:D

'Bout time he got a full game in the seniors. JDG is absolutley banging the door down.

I love him!

But not going to throw a tantrum if he doesn't get called in the seniors. Yes he's playing great, but he's also developing great in the seconds. Happy either way, especially as I think Kennedy would benefit from senior exposure more.

Sorry ... Continued
Gault: 2.0 9k 9h 4m 4t
Shaz: 16k 5h 5m 1t
Fas: 3.2 9k 7h 5m 2t
Marsh: 11k 4h 5m 2t
Maynard: 13k 2h 0m 6t
Mantitties: 8k 3h 2m 5t
Abbott: 1.1 9k 2h 2m 3t
Freeman:4k 3h 3m 5t (disappointing)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the second half and based on that alone Kenno should be well ahead of De Goey when it comes to promotion.

Really liking what I'm seeing from Maynard, has poise, decent left foot and is fairly hard at it.
Marsh is progressing nicely too.

How many games did BK miss with that illness? 2 weeks back in the VFL, and a strong pre-season, surely he's match fitness would be back to where it was pre-illness. Potential smokey for a promotion, dare I say as sub haha.

About six touches in a half of Footy compared to Kenno's dozen and a much more profound influence on the game.

That is because Kennedy kicked his Goals and De Goey did not?

Just watched the second half and based on that alone Kenno should be well ahead of De Goey when it comes to promotion.

Really liking what I'm seeing from Maynard, has poise, decent left foot and is fairly hard at it.
Marsh is progressing nicely too.
I watched the whole game and wholeheartedly agree. All the fanfare is over De Goey but he lacked any hurt factor in his possessions, even putting the ball on an opponent's chest after taking that screamer. Ben Kennedy was brilliant by both hand and foot, kicked goals, ran through congestion at pace and basically put everyone else to shame.

While I also liked Marsh, I thought Cox showed plenty and Maynard (as you mentioned) and Gault had very solid outings too.

That is because Kennedy kicked his Goals and De Goey did not?
No Dave, it's because Kenno took the game on with flair and was far more involved in the game as opposed to De Goey's 2 scrappy clearances, 2 marks, long range point and a give off to Blair. Kenno also seemed to run the game out very well.
Once again, this is based only on the second half but judging by RS's post it was a similar story in the first.

Ben Ken's better half was the second, and De Goey's better half was probably the first. Having said that it doesn't change my mind one bit, and I am only half-surprised to see Kennedy didn't make the bests because historically the VFL bests list has proven to be a monumental wank.

No Dave, it's because Kenno took the game on with flair and was far more involved in the game as opposed to De Goey's 2 scrappy clearances, 2 marks, long range point and a give off to Blair. Kenno also seemed to run the game out very well.
Once again, this is based only on the second half but judging by RS's post it was a similar story in the first.

Good to Hear Kennedy playing well.

De Goey had a Good Game but sounds like maybe better in the 1st Half.

Will watch game tomorrow of wednesday

Ben Ken's better half was the second, and De Goey's better half was probably the first. Having said that it doesn't change my mind one bit, and I am only half-surprised to see Kennedy didn't make the bests because historically the VFL bests list has proven to be a monumental wank.

I do agree the VFL Bests can have some Funny names in it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back