VFL Round 4 - Geelong vs Collingwood at Queen Elizabeth Oval (Pies WON 92-83, replay P15, Post #361)

Remove this Banner Ad

Scharenberg with 21 possessions in a second game back from an ACL, holy s**t balls.:eek:

Great To See him getting him Involved but what does it have to say about Freeman only getting 7 Touches?

Great To See him getting him Involved but what does it have to say about Freeman only getting 7 Touches?
What it says is that it's really encouraging news for Scharenberg so early. We know these 2 need time but if one of them really gets going early its a bonus. That doesnt say anything about Freeman. He needs time .

What it says is that it's really encouraging news for Scharenberg so early. We know these 2 need time but if one of them really gets going early its a bonus. That doesnt say anything about Freeman. He needs time .

Agree Freeman does need time to come good. Though guess Scharanberg played down back so he saw more of the Ball

Scharenberg and Freeman comparisons should end at the fact they're taken in the same draft. Shaz is clearly the more natural footballer. By a long way. Lets be serious, if it wasn't for his feet/foot concerns, he would of gone in the top 3. Potentially been the number 1 pick. Not the first time, and won't be the last time that someone slides down a little bit because of their potential injury concerns.

I'm really concerned about Freeman. Would be ultra disappointing if we drafted wrongly.

What is he waiting for? He did a serious injury but it was not an ACL.

Is the problem a lack of talent, effort or all in the head?

Last edited:
I'm really concerned about Freeman. Would be ultra disappointing if we drafted wrongly.

Is the problem a lack of talent, effort or all in the heard?

Doubt it’s a Lack of Talent. My thought it might be a Lack of Confidence that he has not had a big game to have form from

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scharenberg with 21 possessions in a second game back from an ACL, holy s**t balls.:eek:

Wouldn't read too much into it, took a lot of the kick ins and played the link man on the switch from 1 side of the ground to the other. One of his marks was really brave, kicking generally good.

Abbott looked to have a really good start to the game in Q1. In the 17 minute mark of the first quarter the camera angle just happens to catch him in shot and hes just walking through the middle of the ground pretty much. Looks already completely gassed. Got alot of fitness work to do.

Thanks Bat! If short on time, any idea of what quarter is the best to watch?

The last one, of course! That's where we kicked it up into top gear and powered past them. :D

(Special mention to the last minute or so of the 3rd, particularly where BenKen went 'F*ck this s**t, I'll do it myself!' and blasted one through. That was nice...:hearts:)

Is the problem a lack of talent, effort or all in the head?

Actually thought he had more influence on the game than Scharenberg. Wet conditions and congested footy for the most part, long periods of slow rugby maul moving around the ground.

Wouldn't read too much into the stats.

I'm liking those sorts of numbers from BK, but how was his disposal efficiency?

Watching at the ground, he seemed to be one of our best users of the pill. The replay may correct me on that, however, but watching live, it seemed quite good.

Well done by the club. Looks like replays of the VFL games is going to become a permanent thing. Now if they can just add commentary it will be perfect.
This shows that the club is listening to its members and supporters :thumbsu:

and a Score Thing as well as you know the Score at that time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back