Autopsy Round 5 vs Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent most of the last quarter trying to look past a security guard who was trying to sort out an issue between one of our supporters and two * flogs in our members area.

Thanks NMFC for on selling tickets in a North Melbourne members area to opposition flogs. It really makes for such a great fan experience, I’m so glad I paid for that premium membership. I feel so appreciative that you consider us fans and our experience at the footy.
Just should not happen, but it does. We pay premium so we don’t have to put up with dickheads. Not that hard to understand is it?. Start listening NMFC, not doing yourself any favours at the moment.

I come in peace.

Pace was always one of Ham's strengths actually as well as endurance (covered over 14km in his first game).

The knock was his strength/size and the fact he was a very late convert to footy. I believe he was a star runner at St Joeys in Geelong and only got into footy in his lateish teens.

Yes I was being a tad sarcastic, Ham has pace which of course we lack, as well as a decent coach, game plan, an eye to the future, the ability to spot talent and it would seem a committee that give a s**t. You are the enemy but well done and you play an exciting brand of footy.

Ham's pace stood out yesterday and unfortunately pace is a must at marvel, I say unfortunate cause we don't have much.

Just should not happen, but it does. We pay premium so we don’t have to put up with dickheads. Not that hard to understand is it?. Start listening NMFC, not doing yourself any favours at the moment.
I'm sorry, but I really don't get this complaint. If North members aren't going to get to a game then why have their seats empty? You can't demand that the team toughen up and then say "but I don't want to sit near Essendon supporters." Is it really that hard to go to the football and not get in a fight? We deserve to be ridiculed. We have to cop it.

Spot on champ, we are in serious s**t. I know this incident happened a few years ago but it has stuck with me as it summarises Brad's leadership of the club.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/flying-the-flag-is-crap-roos-coach-20150506-ggvsn8.html
Funnily enough, I was thinking of this very same incident last night. It was when I started to seriously question the direction Brad was taking us as a club.

It's even more ironic as Brad played for a very successful team whose hallmark was playing on the edge and backing each other up when things got nasty. Just like North in the 90s and the Hawthorn team who made us look like a bunch of timid school kids that night.

If you're not prepared to fly the flag, don't expect to win one.

I'm sorry, but I really don't get this complaint. If North members aren't going to get to a game then why have their seats empty? You can't demand that the team toughen up and then say "but I don't want to sit near Essendon supporters." Is it really that hard to go to the football and not get in a fight? We deserve to be ridiculed. We have to cop it.
In that case the club should not sell premium seating and just make it all GA.

I agree although I think if the club concentrated on whole bays rather more half bays you would go someway towards a happy middle ground.

Yep, pains me to admit but they look very good.

Mate, the Managatang 3rds would look very good against us right now.

They can't take much from yesterday, and they'll get a much greater insight in to where they're really at on Thursday.

I agree although I think if the club concentrated on whole bays rather more half bays you would go someway towards a happy middle ground.

It won't matter to me next year.

One single 5 game membership and that's me done for 2020.

Mate, the Managatang 3rds would look very good against us right now.

They can't take much from yesterday, and they'll get a much greater insight in to where they're really at on Thursday.
Yep. We made Freo look good and they have gone to s**t since.

Yep. We made Freo look good and they have gone to s**t since.

Brisbane?
Hawthorn?

We specialize in making mugs look like millionaires.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all say they aint sticking to the game plan.

What is our gameplan?

The ones i can think of are handball, handball, handball HTB oppo goal

Handball, handball, handball long kick turnover oppo goal

Chip chip chip chip long long kick turnover oppo goal

Running stop prop ground handball quick kick turnover oppo

Literally not manning a kick in coast to coast oppo goal

So how do we make a gameplan for our limited skilled side?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

''our end of the bargain''

Tiresome hearing these same catch-phrases over and over again.

Yep, Brad sounds like a politician you know is getting slaughtered at the next election.

Except we don't get a vote.

I've made some comments on our midfield in the Ten Years of Brad thread.

Compared to the best midfields in the comp, our outside players are *really obviously our designated runners and kickers*. This makes it easy to pressure them and pin them with tackles, even if Ben or Jed win the contested ball. We've been worked out.

I wonder if there's a stat available for tackles received, because Ill add that to my analysis.

Exactly. I'll go check out that thread.

I know we saw this with our own eyes but this is the sort of stuff that is the most disappointing. Un-North like but then again....

Attachments

• 8482C1E1-0676-49F8-A420-8E7A27CD3084.jpeg
    8482C1E1-0676-49F8-A420-8E7A27CD3084.jpeg
    241.5 KB · Views: 221
This was the last game I got to watch before moving indefinitely, and barely made it to 3qtr time.

This club is going to lose its die hards and it’ll go the way of the dodo. Change must happen.

This is what really pisses me off. All week we had * scum getting into BBB - clearly timed to make it hard mentally for him and make the umpires a little more hesitant to pay him free kicks. It was an obvious strategy by two former * players. Then we had Taylor loudly stating NMFC should not have the Good Friday game. We copped plenty. The players needed to use this as motivation and step up on our biggest stage of the year. This was our chance to make a statement - shinboner spirit if you like. And what do we deliver? Insipid crap. Pathetic footy that added more fuel to Taylors laments. And Scott rattles off the six day break excuse, too many new players, yada yada yada. Its time for change now. Now!

I'm genuinely struggling to come to terms with how bad we really are.

If North have put a worse basic skill execution side on the park than what we are currently seeing right now, then could someone please step forward and educate me?

I'm just glad we weren't playing Collingwood today, because it would have been 30 goals.

The club can put all the bandaids in the world over this, but we are smack bang in the middle of a crisis.

Once port flog us next week, someone has to lock Brad in the room with the revolver and bott.le of brandy

Once port flog us next week, someone has to lock Brad in the room with the revolver and bott.le of brandy

A 100 point belting this week will see the end of him.

Knowing Brad, by the time he's finished in the room the revolver will be firing blanks and the brandy will have turned to water.

Edit: And he'll have a five year contract extension.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back