AFLW Round 6 - Richmond v North Melbourne at Swinburne Centre, Friday March 5, 5.10pm AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

1614841618288.png

Richmond v North Melbourne at Swinburne Centre, 5.10pm AEDT

RICHMOND

B:
R.Miller 15 H.Cordner 23
HB: S.D'Arcy 12 P.Monahan 2 I.Ross 21
C: H.Burchell 9 S.Hosking 7 T.Lavey 37
HF: C.Wakefield 8 E.McKenzie 22 K.Brennan - C 3
F: T.Stahl 24 S.Frederick 14
Foll: G.Seymour 28 K.Jacques 10 M.Conti 4
I/C: A.Makur Chuot 34 K.Dempsey 19 S.Dargan 17 S.Molan 1 M.Brancatisano 5

Emerg: C.Bernardi 6 L.McClelland 16

No change

NORTH MELBOURNE

B:
D.Hardiman 31 T.Randall 16
HB: N.Bresnehan 12 J.Duffin 27 A.Gilroy 8
C: K.Ashmore 10 E.Kearney - C 9 J.Bruton 35
HF: D.Bateman 11 G.Campbell 43 I.Eddey 3
F: G.Hammond 44 S.Abbatangelo 1
Foll: E.King 60 J.Garner 25 A.Riddell 7
I/C: D.Bannister 2 K.Gillespie-Jones 5 J.Grierson 19 E.Gavalas 22 M.King 23

Emerg: A.O'Loughlin 6 B.Lynch 20

In: G.Hammond, J.Grierson
Out: T.Nestor (injured), V.Saad (suspension)

The Tigers will go into tomorrow night’s 5.10pm clash at the Swinburne Centre with the same 21 players that defeated Geelong by 47-points at GMHBA Stadium last week.

Christina Bernardi and Laura McClelland have been named as emergencies.

The Tigers, fresh off last week's breakthrough win, will be eager to show North Melbourne the improvements they have made this season after the Kangaroos handed them their biggest ever AFLW defeat last year (56-points in Round 3).

North Melbourne sits 6th on the ladder this year with a 3-2 record and a percentage of 156, while the Tigers (1-4) are 11th with a healthy percentage of 83.8.

Friday night’s match will be broadcast live on FOX FOOTY, Kayo, and the Womens.afl app from 5pm.

View attachment 1069885

Richmond v North Melbourne at Swinburne Centre, 5.10pm AEDT

RICHMOND

B:
R.Miller 15 H.Cordner 23
HB: S.D'Arcy 12 P.Monahan 2 I.Ross 21
C: H.Burchell 9 S.Hosking 7 T.Lavey 37
HF: C.Wakefield 8 E.McKenzie 22 K.Brennan - C 3
F: T.Stahl 24 S.Frederick 14
Foll: G.Seymour 28 K.Jacques 10 M.Conti 4
I/C: A.Makur Chuot 34 K.Dempsey 19 S.Dargan 17 S.Molan 1 M.Brancatisano 5

Emerg: C.Bernardi 6 L.McClelland 16

No change

NORTH MELBOURNE

B:
D.Hardiman 31 T.Randall 16
HB: N.Bresnehan 12 J.Duffin 27 A.Gilroy 8
C: K.Ashmore 10 E.Kearney - C 9 J.Bruton 35
HF: D.Bateman 11 G.Campbell 43 I.Eddey 3
F: G.Hammond 44 S.Abbatangelo 1
Foll: E.King 60 J.Garner 25 A.Riddell 7
I/C: D.Bannister 2 K.Gillespie-Jones 5 J.Grierson 19 E.Gavalas 22 M.King 23

Emerg: A.O'Loughlin 6 B.Lynch 20

In: G.Hammond, J.Grierson
Out: T.Nestor (injured), V.Saad (suspension)

The Tigers will go into tomorrow night’s 5.10pm clash at the Swinburne Centre with the same 21 players that defeated Geelong by 47-points at GMHBA Stadium last week.

Christina Bernardi and Laura McClelland have been named as emergencies.

The Tigers, fresh off last week's breakthrough win, will be eager to show North Melbourne the improvements they have made this season after the Kangaroos handed them their biggest ever AFLW defeat last year (56-points in Round 3).

North Melbourne sits 6th on the ladder this year with a 3-2 record and a percentage of 156, while the Tigers (1-4) are 11th with a healthy percentage of 83.8.

Friday night’s match will be broadcast live on FOX FOOTY, Kayo, and the Womens.afl app from 5pm.

With Nestor and Saad decent outs for North, I'm hopefull we'll get to within 3 goals or less
Not totally discounting an upset, but highly unlikely against a seasoned gun team
Go Tigers

Preview by Sarah Black.

Have I mentioned that 5.10pm Friday is a s**t time?

MAR 5. 2021. 6:00 AM
Full AFLW R6 preview: The battle for top-six spots heats up
Sarah Black

Richmond v North Melbourne at the Swinburne Centre, 5.10pm AEDT

• It's an early first bounce ahead of Richmond's AFL AAMI Community Series match at Marvel Stadium. The Tigers will be flying high after their breakthrough win against Geelong, but North Melbourne looms as a tougher challenge. Four of Courtney Wakefield's seven goals have come in first quarters this year.
  • When North Melbourne flexes its midfield muscle, it's a scary prospect indeed. Jasmine Garner, Emma Kearney, Ash Riddell and Jenna Bruton combined seamlessly against Carlton, wearing down the inexperienced engine room and piling on the pain late.
  • Tip: This should be a much closer affair than the last time these sides met in 2020 (56 points), but the Roos are still a bridge too far for the developing Tigers. 22 points.

Here are some stats over the course of the 5 rounds so far

1614908085927.png
Closer than I would have expected.

Clash between Gabby Seymour and a 6' 2" Emma King will be interesting as its going to be hard enough to negate the likes of Kearney/Garner/Bruton and Riddell in the middle without giving them the ball on a platter. King can also be a handfull resting forward.

Also interesting to see that comparing our game averages for the five games in 2021 to the five in 2020 we are:

+42 in disposals
+9 inside 50's
+3 in marks inside 50
+16 in contested possessions.

The only stats we are down in are hitouts (-6), but Gabby has been fantastic in the ruck and she seems to be everywhere and tackles (-14) probably because we aren't chasing as much backside this year.

Looking forward to this game.

Go Tigers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop being undisciplined girls, we’ll get destroyed if we keep giving North Melbourne free kicks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back