AFLW Round 6 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Really that’s 3w away and they already missed 2 that’s some hammy
Bec has re tweaked her injury this week and Sarah has torn 50% of the muscle from the bone.

So Jess and Shevlin injured.
Sarah and Miller dont look like returning until round 9 at earliest 😭😭
we don't play anyone above us for the rest of the year (we play north in the last round but they'll only be above us with equal points when they (should) beat sydney tomorrow), so hopefully we're good enough to beat up on the teams with under 70% even with a few injuries. weags, blooz & giants all have at least double our points against with similar points for

hopefully millzy can get around the ball a bit more often, she's someone who can actually play. hopefully she hangs around conti like a bad smell at training

I tell ya the W game needs a rule change , may only be temporary , something like 3 plays must always remain in F50 . The flooding is extreme , and with the W generally haphazard entries it makes it bloody difficult to score . I realize we flood too , would make for a better scoring game with this kinda update

we don't play anyone above us for the rest of the year (we play north in the last round but they'll only be above us with equal points when they (should) beat sydney tomorrow), so hopefully we're good enough to beat up on the teams with under 70% even with a few injuries. weags, blooz & giants all have at least double our points against with similar points for

hopefully millzy can get around the ball a bit more often, she's someone who can actually play. hopefully she hangs around conti like a bad smell at training
We need Ellie back

One thing can't be questioned is we have some real courage this year and a determination not to lose

A umpires mistake cost us round 1 and a 2 min lapse against the crows

Seems most players are playing there roles

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was one of a good number of SUNS fans who turned out to watch our girls. From my experience last night (footy aside), is there any chance of playing Richmond home games at an alternative venue? The ground is not big enough unfortunately for spectators. Too narrow pathways, no seating, no shelter (would be worse if it was raining), very congested, even the scoreboard was in the wrong spot with it being behind the majority of spectators (that also was glitchy throughout the match). I get it warms peoples hearts with Richmond playing at their spiritual home of Punt Road but if the spectator facilities are not up to scratch it makes it really hard for spectators to enjoy the game.

I was one of a good number of SUNS fans who turned out to watch our girls. From my experience last night (footy aside), is there any chance of playing Richmond home games at an alternative venue? The ground is not big enough unfortunately for spectators. Too narrow pathways, no seating, no shelter (would be worse if it was raining), very congested, even the scoreboard was in the wrong spot with it being behind the majority of spectators (that also was glitchy throughout the match). I get it warms peoples hearts with Richmond playing at their spiritual home of Punt Road but if the spectator facilities are not up to scratch it makes it really hard for spectators to enjoy the game.
We don’t play there again this year.
The stand is supposed to be redone , Richmond were hoping it would start Monday but it’s looking like starting early next year.
Years ago, the dimensions of the ground was made to the same size as the MCG and that’s why the narrow lanes on the hill side.

Really testing the depth and development now, noticed Amelia Peck (cross coder BBall) and Taylah Watson listed as emergencies for yesterday.
Don’t think we’ll see :

Jacques
Shevlin
Hosking(‘s)
Miller
Poppy (no timeframe)

That’s three outve yesterdays 21 potentially four if Elle needs more time.

Anybody have any info on Taylah Watson?
Went for a look and got nuthin

Really testing the depth and development now, noticed Amelia Peck (cross coder BBall) and Taylah Watson listed as emergencies for yesterday.
Don’t think we’ll see :

Jacques
Shevlin
Hosking(‘s)
Miller
Poppy (no timeframe)

That’s three outve yesterdays 21 potentially four if Elle needs more time.

Anybody have any info on Taylah Watson?
Went for a look and got nuthin
Watson 25 year old 174 cm been playing vflw for stkilda sharks for a few yeaes

Much maligned has been Yassir and rightfully so. She got dropped last week and came back in with a purpose and subsequently dominated. Great character, we've found one.
Never have I maligned her, she is our future, she is so tenacious...she is also still just 19!

Bec has re tweaked her injury this week and Sarah has torn 50% of the muscle from the bone.
So she still has 50% attached to the bone then....... ;)
🥴

So she still has 50% attached to the bone then....... ;)
🥴
She was saying that if it was up to her, she’d be playing next week 🤣🤣🤣

I tell ya the W game needs a rule change , may only be temporary , something like 3 plays must always remain in F50 . The flooding is extreme , and with the W generally haphazard entries it makes it bloody difficult to score . I realize we flood too , would make for a better scoring game with this kinda update
Yeah said earlier we need to look at combatting coaches putting two loose behind the ball - makes the game look like scrap - which is engaging for the fans of the Clubs involved perhaps, but does nothing to advance the quality of the game.

I think it is a game the AFL can afford to be innovative with (not AFLX innovative).

She was saying that if it was up to her, she’d be playing next week 🤣🤣🤣
Absolutely she would - that is so in her nature. They are not the best recruits we have had from pure footballing quality sense, but what they possess in passion, desire, courage and just putting it all on the line, Sarah and Jess are the best recruits we've ever had

Also Meg McDonald did job last week on bates ...yesterday was sent to rowbottom in the last quarter and got it done

Yes she is one those players that is good with a single job in mind - not the most creative - but able to run with most. Bit in the Kiely mould really.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back