AFLW Round 6 vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Watson 25 year old 174 cm been playing vflw for stkilda sharks for a few yeaes

Has been around the ridges a bit - played on and off from what i can tell - Covid affecting continuity no doubt - most recently playing in the VAFA for West Brunswick Womens Premier Div - played 15 matches and was among the best 10 times - only kicked 2 goals

1664685069035.png

Played 9 VFLW games in 2017
1664682702588.png

Also played a game at Melb Uni in 2018 along side some handy players - Maddie Prespakis was an out for that game too

1664680579320.png

When she nominated for the last draft she was one of 667:

1664681214196.png

Was initially a part of Darebin juniors:

1664681757715.png

One thing can't be questioned is we have some real courage this year and a determination not to lose

A umpires mistake cost us round 1 and a 2 min lapse against the crows

Seems most players are playing there roles
On umpiring standard..
How about use the AFL umps who've finished for the season. One experienced ump with the AFLW ump?

I was one of a good number of SUNS fans who turned out to watch our girls. From my experience last night (footy aside), is there any chance of playing Richmond home games at an alternative venue? The ground is not big enough unfortunately for spectators. Too narrow pathways, no seating, no shelter (would be worse if it was raining), very congested, even the scoreboard was in the wrong spot with it being behind the majority of spectators (that also was glitchy throughout the match). I get it warms peoples hearts with Richmond playing at their spiritual home of Punt Road but if the spectator facilities are not up to scratch it makes it really hard for spectators to enjoy the game.
Good question , ‘‘twas tried in opening season with our games at ikon park and went down like a lead balloon ,,,I think the sentiment was if only 2000 are coming we’d rather at punt rd than a 90% empty stadium . Our development plans will soon accommodate for up to patrons

Yeah said earlier we need to look at combatting coaches putting two loose behind the ball - makes the game look like scrap - which is engaging for the fans of the Clubs involved perhaps, but does nothing to advance the quality of the game.

I think it is a game the AFL can afford to be innovative with (not AFLX innovative).
I’d be very surprised if something like this didn’t eventuate as I feel it’s stifling the progress of the game and also the look of the product too

On umpiring standard..
How about use the AFL umps who've finished for the season. One experienced ump with the AFLW ump?
It’s supposed to be happening now.
But the umpires are getting November off and finals will be worse

We don’t play there again this year.
The stand is supposed to be redone , Richmond were hoping it would start Monday but it’s looking like starting early next year.
Years ago, the dimensions of the ground was made to the same size as the MCG and that’s why the narrow lanes on the hill side.

Only if the Jack Dyer Stand is removed.
Punt Road is only 125 metres wide compared to the MCG which is 141 metres.
It's only about 2 metres shorter.

Geelongs home ground is 170 metres long, and 116 metres wide.

Yeah I thought it was Marvel dimensions which is similar to what you've put here.

I'm used to 'non calls' which were 'frees for' in that game. Must be a real new ump who doesn't know the script.
Can't believe they gave us an obvious advantage inside forward 50 to win the game. The cameraman knew the script and didn't film it but the ump totally forgot his role.

Didn’t see to many in the JDS

(Log in to remove this ad.)

planning permit has been approved by state planning , will be gone once tenders are let
They were saying Saturday that they were hoping mid next year the work will start.

Few injuries , Maddie out for a while , hosko and miller sound like a couple more at least ,,,fingers crossed Ellie and KB are ok for this week , ooh and Kelly looks like season end at best ,,,not bloody great

Interesting we are $1.06 to beat West Coast. I see it as a danger game, the GC game was very physical + all the injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back