Preview Round 7: Geelong vs Essendon, MCG, Sunday 05/05/19, 3:20 PM aka "The Country Game"

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would be absolutely super if Franga had the tank to play midfield. Definately has the talent imo. Would make a great big bodied mid Bont style!
No doubt. He has the footy smarts. But I doubt it will ever happen. Just hope he can tear apart a game soon to give him the belief.

I honestly think he’s our most important player, pretty impressive for a small forward.

Not just as a small forward, also when he runs through the middle or off back of the square.

Why am I not surprised that the twat hasn’t any insight into why the booing took place? I would be very surprised if Ablett gets booed. In fact it would be pleasingly ironic if everyone cheered him instead (even a mocking bronxy would work).

I find booing obnoxious but if there is anything the general (football) public don't like or appreciate it's the untouchable moral compasses in the media telling people who pay their hard earned to attend games what to do...

The 'problem' won't be going away anytime soon.

Good changes. I'd like to see how Francis goes up forward alongside Daniher. Daniher can do more of the leading up the ground, he's still dangerous with his long kicking anyway. Francis is pretty handy on a short lead, as he has some good burst speed and great hands even if his endurance isn't a feature.

The bigger change by far though is Fantasia back. We are a vastly better team with him out there. Looking forward to seeing Daniher, Fantasia and Stringer playing together up there. Reckon it could be one of the absolute best trio of forwards in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why am I not surprised that the twat hasn’t any insight into why the booing took place? I would be very surprised if Ablett gets booed. In fact it would be pleasingly ironic if everyone cheered him instead (even a mocking bronxy would work).
Surprised he didn't take the opportunity to link to his Essendon booing article, rather than his Ablett one.

Short memories on their board

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-212321_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-212321_Chrome.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 407
I'm curious to see Francis play deep forward and for Parish to have a crack at the inside mid role.
I love what Smith brings to the team so I hope he's 100% fit.

Had a dream that we lost the game - 49 to 51. The good Essendon supporters were slightly bouyed by tthe result - dissapontwd, but pleasantly surprised we matched it with one of the best teams in the comp.

The rest of us burnt down every Maccas in Australia in an act of unbridled rage and aggression. Not sure why we picked McDonalds - but it seemed appropriate at the time.

Had a dream that we lost the game - 49 to 51. The good Essendon supporters were slightly bouyed by tthe result - dissapontwd, but pleasantly surprised we matched it with one of the best teams in the comp.

The rest of us burnt down every Maccas in Australia in an act of unbridled rage and aggression. Not sure why we picked McDonalds - but it seemed appropriate at the time.

I can get behind this. As a supporter group I feel we have been too passive after losses.

I had almost the same dream but it was only one McDonalds and we all converged there and shat ourselves in protest.

For some reason it was in NSW as well... Somewhere called Engadine?

Final score 53-51, our way.

Good changes. I'd like to see how Francis goes up forward alongside Daniher. Daniher can do more of the leading up the ground, he's still dangerous with his long kicking anyway. Francis is pretty handy on a short lead, as he has some good burst speed and great hands even if his endurance isn't a feature.

The bigger change by far though is Fantasia back. We are a vastly better team with him out there. Looking forward to seeing Daniher, Fantasia and Stringer playing together up there. Reckon it could be one of the absolute best trio of forwards in the comp.
If Francis's fitness is as bad as the VFL watchers last week say it is, then I fear he'll be a liability defensively. I get everyone's excitement, but if we play him and he's not fit we're setting him up to fail and become next week's whipping boy.

I had almost the same dream but it was only one McDonalds and we all converged there and shat ourselves in protest.

For some reason it was in NSW as well... Somewhere called Engadine?
My sig likes your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back