Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

That said, never in doubt

THAT'S RIGHT KERMIE, NEVER IN DOUBT!!!!!

TAKE THAT BEVO YOU LITTLE GNOME

Shirt Streaker GIF by Bradford City AFC

HOLY CRAP, I HAVE RAN OUTTA OF BLOODY PRESSURE TABLETS!!!!!

List of things I liked seeing:

Weddle. Great defensive nous. Knew when to spoil and when to mark. Wasn't shy about taking the game on. And that goal.

Scrimshaw. Easily having a career best year. So reliable now and on top of that has added a level of toughness. He's a different (better) player since he laid that tackle on De Goey last year.

Croc. One bad miss but made up for it with 3 goals. In particular in the last that where he brushed off the contact and then straightened up to kick the goal. Similar to the one he missed late against the Pies in Gather Round.

Moore. Just works so hard. Never see him not giving his all. Could be AA if they pick it based on real positions.

Nuke. Seemed to be playing a bit more forward of centre today and was at his combative best with 7 tackles.

Sicily. Just repeating, great captain's game from him. Put his body on the line all day and when the game itself was on the line he went forward and won it. Goes to show that a great game from him doesn't require 30+ touches and 10+ intercept marks.

Dear and Gunston. Paired really well and if not for accuracy could have easily lived out my preview thread wish for them to combine for a bag of goals each. We've definitely got one with Dear. Most impressive was his work rate to fly at the packs and chase the opposition defenders.

Meek. Another superb game from him. 45 hitouts against English! Gets involved around the ground and doing really well at contributing to the scoreboard each week.

Meek - Best game for the club, outstanding.

Impey - One of his best games for the club and best I’ve seen him for a while. Probably BOG for me.

Weddle - Another player that is building, this kid is going to be unbelievable.

Ginni - Quiet for the most part but I felt he stepped up in the last when the game was on the line, fantastic last quarter.

Croc - Good to see him putting the goals through, he has it, just needs to convert like tonight.

Dear - Very good debut. He’s coming in a big way.

Sicily - That was a tough game. A real captains game. He was near immortal.

Scrimshaw - He’s getting harder and harder to beat, he does some uncanny things that just work and it’s not by accident. Building and building this year, could be scary.

Backline - Outstanding. We still gave up 90+ but with the talls they have down there we could have been demolished.

I would never have believed going into this game at what seemed like a massive height disadvantage at both ends would result in a win. We tackled and competed ferociously for for four quarters and gave us fans another glimpse of what could be. Very professional final minutes for such a young team.

I’m sure there is more to mention that I’ve missed but this is what I could come up with off the top of my head.

We've played 4 of the top 5 (and the suns up there)

The ridiculously hard nature of that draw has masked the fact that we are no where near as bad as the doomsday posts and media reports have indicated.

I still think we are playing one Key defender short - which would allow us to do fun things with Sicily and Scrimshaw

Team was awesome today - Frosty holding it together down back, Meek is proving that he is not just our number one ruck but one of the better ones in the comp. Great games from Amon and Impey

A real captain's game from Sicily today

But the highlight for me was Gunston and Dear - the veteran and the debutant - linked by their positions on the ground and recent losses of fathers. Lovely moments all around

gotta love this club
Jack was amazing with his directions for Calsh. His first goal and the in win the last q, Jack was there giving advice, claiming him down.

Chol to come back via VFL and earn his spot again.

Dear will need to be managed at times.

I said it last week - Sicily forward and Chol in the backline.

Scrimshaw has turned into a very good player - finally playing to his drafted potential

Moore and Impey excellent

Newcombe and Nash need to find a way to play like this every week.

Watson has pace, good ball skills and intensity - no doubt it will all click in a game soon in a four goal game. Think he will be a hawthorn hero at some point

McKenzie - he genuinely looks like he has all the time in the world and disposes the ball well. Hopefully he finds a way to get the ball more

Ginni - I think he is unfairly treated but I also think he got in a bad habit of playing for free kicks. Last two-three weeks he is just playing the ball and it’s really bearing fruit

Meek - looks really good I thought he outplayed English for 3/4 today

we just need a little more talent

Jack Reiwoldt provides some pretty insightful special comments

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Was thinking in the last quarter, geez this guy on special comments is excellent .
Found out it was Jack and felt like sticking a fork in my eye as punishment.

Was surprisingly really good . Matt Hill leaves most for dust too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a win against the odds the lid is off, I am officially getting pissed as a nit.

I loved Sicily after the game going over to the Wiz after he ****ed up and smiling and telling him it’s all good. The kid would have been as low as a pregnant ant but Sic put his arms around him.

It's Impeys best game in our colours. BOG.
Sicily seriously courageous. Bleeds for the club, even though I've questioned his leadership this year.
Meek becoming a serious ruckman. Elite performance today. Understandably tired without a chop out today.

Emotional win for many reasons. Main one was that I gave us zero chance of a win after last week. My kids were jumping for joy. I'm totally drained. hecking love this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back