Autopsy Round 8, 2024 : Hawks leash the Dogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Love to see Lloyd Meek proving me wrong about what I thought his ceiling was :thumbsu:

Ginnivan averaged 1.1-1.5 tackles a game in his Collingwood years. Had 5 today. Continues to impress me even when the goals don't come.

Moore, Scrim, Impey all elite games.

Dear had a fantastic debut. Has taken many forwards years to present and fight for position that well. Huge positive signs.

On another note, I reckon real heat will come for Bevo

Gifted Darcy and JUH (I appreciate they are young and aren't to blame for anything).

Generational player in the Bont. Elite midfield in Libba (one of the best contested mids since the turn of the century), Dunkley, Macrae, Smith and Treloar.

Elite rebounding defender in Dale, who would walk into any side. Add Naughton too.

That team has underperformed over the years.

Never saw that coming. Amazing effort, especially after conceding 3 goals in the first 3 minutes. Too many players to mention & our leaders were so brave & inspirational. Besides the win, what was most pleasing was our composure in the last. Let's try & work off the back of this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gifted Darcy and JUH (I appreciate they are young and aren't to blame for anything).

Generational player in the Bont. Elite midfield in Libba (one of the best contested mids since the turn of the century), Dunkley, Macrae, Smith and Treloar.

Elite rebounding defender in Dale, who would walk into any side. Add Naughton too.

Flat track bullies….much like the Lions

Jack Scrimshaw is about the age Tom Stewart was when he started dominating the league as a slightly undersized KPD.
Would have been absolute daylight robbery if JUH kicked 3. About as undeserving as can get. Scrim was magnificent. Tore into marking contests all day like a maniac. That contest on the wing when the ball was delivered at lightning pace to JUH and he killed the ball with a fantastic spoil summed up how good he was today. All those Impey doubters should keep quiet too. Was fantastic all day and has been the past few weeks. Only concern was how easily we were destroyed in the clearances considering we had a ruckman more than hold his own. Had there moments but we're beaten badly in there. We desperately need Day to start finding some consistent form to help out in there. Just needs more Gametime.

Just can’t fathom Naughton is on an 8 year contract. Compare him to Buddy….he’s not worthy to carry his boots.

Lots of positives from the game.
Meek
Scrimshaw
Moore
Newcombe
The entire defence, Impey, Weddle, Hardwick, Frost.
Captain performance from Sic.
Dear was great on debut.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back