Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

These are the facts, and they are indisputable:

Rather than trying to salvage the 2024 season by pulling the chord on Ken now and hoping for a new coach bounce, Port’s priority is to continue to play out their stage-managed exit of Hinkley to create the illusion of a smooth transition, a successful handover, to let him go on his own terms with a final wave to the crowd rather than being frog-marched.

So again, in summary: A professional sporting organisation is willing to forego giving their team the best chance of success, in favour of placating one man and giving him a soft landing.

What an absolutely disgraceful set of affairs.
We're the laughing stock of the AFL, and the idiots at the top don't seem to care one iota.

"Unforgivable mistake / fallout will be significant"

This from Kane Cornes, the drums are beating, maybe softly at the moment, but they are.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Like to hear what his version of what the fallout will be..

Pointless saying there will be fallout without stating what he thinks should happen.

Like to hear what his version of what the fallout will be..

Pointless saying there will be fallout without stating what he thinks should happen.
I doubt there will be any consequence for Ken's lack of player care and safety. It seemed to me he admitted fault to divert the press from the real issue, like what excuses do you have for Port's meek performances considering you now have the cattle.

Last edited:
Butters was saying that the playing group didn't have the belief that they could win. The game was lost in the players' heads before the first bounce thanks to our loser coach and his pre-emptive excuses. It's a tough competition after all and someone has to lose these scary games.

Some journo worth his salt, would ask him to elaborate on that point. I’m still going with Hinkley & his flawed, outdated gameplan .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One of S Burgoyne's role is to mentor and run leadership programs, and like with Chad running the goal kicking program, why the * is Burgoyne running leadership stuff at the club.
Because Cassisi was busy re-signing Hinkley.

One of S Burgoyne's role is to mentor and run leadership programs, and like with Chad running the goal kicking program, why the * is Burgoyne running leadership stuff at the club.
Because he’s also got a role in the Community Programs, therefore they cut costs and get a guy doing two jobs for one salary.

It’s all about cutting corners and being cheap as heck, hence advertising for unpaid media interns and having a guy on our coaching staff who took Bacchus Marsh to 8th in the 11 team Ballarat League last year.

This is worse than when the IT guy doubled as the midfield coach in the Primus era, because we supposedly aren’t skinned now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're the laughing stock of the AFL, and the idiots at the top don't seem to care one iota.
But we're not. We're exactly where the AFL wants us to be, a fact they have presumably communicated to their members on our Board (all but two?).

We're making money, finances are stable, big name sponsors are on board, the list is competitive without threatening to win, member numbers and attendances are up. I'd imagine Koch's KPIs have been made in spades.

Nothing is going to alter this until we revert to member control.

What gets me is the lost potential, the happy clappers and theatre goers are here to stay regardless, the club & Kens fans parrot the high membership numbers as a sign of success and confirmation in everything they are doing.

Every second Port supporter I speak to loathe what the club and Ken are doing and many have canned their memberships or are not going to games.

Membership numbers could theoretically be up around the 75k total mark (69k 2023) perhaps even higher.

That's a loss every year.

What gets me is the lost potential, the happy clappers and theatre goers are here to stay regardless, the club & Kens fans parrot the high membership numbers as a sign of success and confirmation in everything they are doing.

Every second Port supporter I speak to loathe what the club and Ken are doing and many have canned their memberships or are not going to games.

Membership numbers could theoretically be up around the 75k total mark (69k 2023) perhaps even higher.

That's a loss every year.

I agree.. even my happy clapper mate jumped off the bandwagon 2 years ago.

(Isn't a member now as well)

Other then my one mate (mentioned above) the only other port "fan" I know is one guy at work... Who is 100% a theatre goer/happy clapper and he doesn't even bother talking football with me... Not that he even has a clue of what football is or about.

I feel like it’s a smokescreen for the real issues. We get belted around by the crows each time we play them of late, like most good teams they look forward to playing us.
Except they are not a good team. Stinkley and co should be ashamed with that performance. Sack Stinkley and the rest of the cretins.

Because he’s also got a role in the Community Programs, therefore they cut costs and get a guy doing two jobs for one salary.

It’s all about cutting corners and being cheap as *, hence advertising for unpaid media interns and having a guy on our coaching staff who took Bacchus Marsh to 8th in the 11 team Ballarat League last year.

This is worse than when the IT guy doubled as the midfield coach in the Primus era, because we supposedly aren’t skinned now.
These are actually very legitimate questions in response to the "Remember when 2011".

These are the facts, and they are indisputable:

Rather than trying to salvage the 2024 season by pulling the chord on Ken now and hoping for a new coach bounce, Port’s priority is to continue to play out their stage-managed exit of Hinkley to create the illusion of a smooth transition, a successful handover, to let him go on his own terms with a final wave to the crowd rather than being frog-marched.

So again, in summary: A professional sporting organisation is willing to forego giving their team the best chance of success, in favour of placating one man and giving him a soft landing.

What an absolutely disgraceful set of affairs.
Hear, hear

Sent from my SM-A326B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back