Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

If we crash out in finals again, or even miss the 8, they'll just point back to this week as to why they're backing Ken in season 13. For Ken, that's job done for 2024.

If we crash out in finals again, or even miss the 8, they'll just point back to this week as to why they're backing Ken in season 13. For Ken, that's job done for 2024.

100%, Koch will bookmark last night and we'll hear about it a million times.

Only positive I may be able to garner is that now everyone knows what we are capable of, no more talk of no cattle etc, so if we fail to bring anything similar for the rest of the year it may mount more pressure on him?

I mean, in year 12 of a coaching term, consistency week in week out should be a given.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good to see there's a bit of love for the Hinkster in here.

Sometimes in football all you need is a bit of belief. Hopefully the ghosts of 2007 that have plagued this club ever since have been exorcised and it gets it heck you attitude back.

I wish I could have enjoyed the win last night but Hinkley's grandstanding, and then even worse saying that we want to be like Geelong just ruined it. The night would have been better spent watching Japanese pr0n.

If he was smart I would say that he is taunting us with the "wish we were like Geelong" comments but he's just such a dumb campaigner I'm not even sure he realises how much it triggers us.

Last edited:
Another 5 minutes in that game and the papers would have been talking about the great Geelong winning after being down by 49 points.
This is another get out of jail free card for Hinkley, just like the Ryder to Gray tap against the saints, the Houston kick after the siren.
Hinkley is the luckiest coach in the history of the AFL. Nobody is talking about how Port Adelaide let the Cats out score them by 7 goals.
At the end of the day is all you can do is win but to help Hinkley stick around makes the win feel hollow..

Good to see there's a bit of love for the Hinkster in here.

Sometimes in football all you need is a bit of belief. Hopefully the ghosts of 2007 that have plagued this club ever since have been exorcised and it gets it * you attitude back.
We have been plagued for over a decade by a loser coach, any coach with a little footy knowledge would have had us in at least 2 Grand Finals with the lists we have had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chris Scott said:
the thing that I really admire about them that's common amongst all the teams that I've coached is the players always think they can win and that's not easy.

Contrast that with our players who always think they can lose from anywhere.

Another 5 minutes in that game and the papers would have been talking about the great Geelong winning after being down by 49 points.
This is another get out of jail free card for Hinkley, just like the Ryder to Gray tap against the saints, the Houston kick after the siren.
Hinkley is the luckiest coach in the history of the AFL. Nobody is talking about how Port Adelaide let the Cats out score them by 7 goals.
At the end of the day is all you can do is win but to help Hinkley stick around makes the win feel hollow..
Lucky - for sure, but a win is a win, and I'll take it any day over a loss, even if I have to watch Donuts gloating!

Lucky - but he still hasn't won anything of true value, and most likely never will.

I wish I could have enjoyed the win last night but Hinkley's grandstanding, and then even worse saying that we want to like Geelong just ruined it. The night would have been better spent watching Japanese pr0n.

If he was smart I would say that he is taunting us with the "wish we were like Geelong" comments but he's just such a dumb campaigner I'm not even sure he realises how much it triggers us.
We wish to be just a little bit like great sides like Geelong!!!!

Maybe "we WILL become even BETTER than sides like Geelong" is even more relevant???? :think::thumbsu:

Ken's an idiot and a loser.
How cringey of him to behave like a yobbo (or rather pull on his dick) towards the opposition supporters when we have been a bunch of bunnies at Geelong for all of his time as coach.
After the match I hated hearing our players mimic his loser dialogue like "we expect teams to come back at us".
I hated hearing the yobbo himself state that "we like to be like Geelong" which over the years he's said Richmond, Sydney, etc ...
"We expect teams to come back at us. We also know we will respond in kind, and pull away even further" would be nice to hear.

Chris Scott said:
the thing that I really admire about them that's common amongst all the teams that I've coached is the players always think they can win and that's not easy.

Contrast that with our players who always think they can lose from anywhere.

We had that in 2014, not so much since.

It was interesting to hear Chris Scott refer to us as an "emotional" team. That is it in a nutshell. All the other coaches know that if you can put just a bit of pressure on we will crack. There is plenty of talent in the team. In the first half with a what have we got to lose attitude, with the talent at our disposal, we were awesome. As soon as it became, hang on we shouldn't lose from here, we were ****ed. Geelong smashed us in the second half it was not a Ross Lyon type negative tactic, they scored at will and smashed us by 40 points in that half. The only difference in the first and second halves was the Hinkley fragile mindset.

Reality Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back