Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like he made it all about him post game too ...

Horne-Francis on Ken Hinkley’s passion as coach
“We get a lot of drive and motivation off Kenny. Yeah, being really passionate, we know how passionate he is. And I think it was extra special for him in Geelong, obviously being from there so yeah, he said after the game it was a really special moment for him.”
What a pathetic loser. A home and away win where we give up a massive massive lead and hes like THIS IS MY BEST DAY EVER

******* loser.

Tonight was the ultimate microcosm.

• The ceiling the assembled talent is capable of (usually with little to no expectation of winning),

• The floor of what the assembled talent is capable of (with expectation of winning),

• Hinkley carrying on like he’s just won a Champions League semi final on penalties when his team actually gets its sh¡t together for just long enough — instead of showing any sort of maturity in an attempt to set a new standard.

The circus continues.
This week will tell us plenty - how often have we put in a great performance one week, only to revert to looking like a bottom 4 team the following week? The alleged Ebert tribute match comes immediately to mind: we looked pretty good against Brisbane a week earlier, and then dished up that crap against Hawthorn. With Hawthorn being the opponent again next week, one has to ask - have we learned any lessons, or will next Sunday be another horror show?

The second half was s**t but a lot here overrate the likelyhood of us losing.

The game goes another second Rioli puts us two goals up, so the five more minutes doesn't fly.

Geelong had 2.5 qtrs to catch us and couldn't despite our brainfarts in the third qtr.

We should still sack Hinkley, but there's a bit of bedwetting about that result.

Even though it was a good win, if the teams played again tomorrow, Blivacs would start in ruck and nullify a fair amount of the early first quarter run by us.

Farrell the Barrel won't get two dobs from the F50 in finals either.

Having said that, they got a very good run with the umpires in the second half.

We held on but five more minutes and we would've probably have been down.

What was the worst thing is that we couldn't penetrate well from the back half once Geelong put the clamps down which has been a recurring problem with us while they cut us up.
-wcnqaq.jpg cool story

Anyone see they did the guy from The Chaser ask a question about Hinkley, then he was like 'Kenny is from Camperdown just like me, we gotta stick together'

FFS this guy has more allies than me making a custom Age of Empires game against the hard AI
Wow your bad at AOE2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sides that have historically struggled against Geelong due to playing them at Kardinia Park instead of the MCG:

St Kilda – 11 straight losses at Kardinia (Won 13, lost 50 in total games) - 20.6%

Port – 9 straight losses at Kardinia until Friday night (won 2 (now won 3), lost 14 in total games) - 17.6%

Brisbane – 13 straight losses at Kardinia (won 5, lost 13 in total games) - 27.8%

Adelaide – 13 straight losses at Kardinia (won 3, lost 20 in total games) - 13%

West Coast – 9 straight losses at Kardinia (won 8, lost 18 in total games) - 30.8%

When Sydney were playing at Kardinia, their record was 22-43. 33.8%

When Hawthorn and Geelong wasn't considered a 'blockbuster' and was played at Kardinia sometimes, the Hawks record was 16-32. 33.3%

Fremantle hasn't struggled against them recently, but their record at Kardinia is still 5-15. 25%

Melbourne's record at Kardinia is 19-1-42. 30.6%

Gold Coast has never won at Kardinia in 8 attempts. 0%

The Western Bulldogs have a 14-1-46 record at Kardinia and until last year had a 10 game losing streak against them. 23%

So across the league, the chances of any side winning a game at Kardinia in a given year is roughly 1 in every 4 years. The only team that has a decent strike rate against Geelong at their home ground is GWS who have won 3 games and lost 4 (42.9%) and even that isn't a positive record. All the other teams play them at the MCG.

And people are criticising the coach for celebrating? Give me a break.

If we had played the same style we did against Geelong last week we would have wiped the floor with Adelaide. That was an unnecessary dropped game for a variety of factors, and Hinkley deserved the criticism he received for it. But he also deserves the credit for admitting his mistake and making the changes necessary to win this week.
His goal is to win the premiership. Not a home and away game. Its literally the club motto.

A fist pump, yes. But keep the focus. This has been a s**t month for this club and it takes more than one lucky win to turn it around.

If we lose to Hawthorn this win means nothing.

Even though it was a good win, if the teams played again tomorrow, Blivacs would start in ruck and nullify a fair amount of the early first quarter run by us.

Farrell the Barrel won't get two dobs from the F50 in finals either.

Having said that, they got a very good run with the umpires in the second half.

We held on but five more minutes and we would've probably have been down.

What was the worst thing is that we couldn't penetrate well from the back half once Geelong put the clamps down which has been a recurring problem with us while they cut us up.
Yes but if they played again in a month, we have Rozee.

"Look at me, look at me." Perfect timing as usual by Daddy Donuts. Waiting until the camera was on him to give his show and even did multiple encores. What an embarrassment. Hinkley, you are a classless, arrogant twat.
It was a good win, but our season doesn't start until preliminary final day.

The day hinkley and kochie leaves will be a great day for the afl
I'd like to see Nicks and Hinkley sacked on the same day, and Hinkley take over as Crows coach.

I'd like to see Nicks and Hinkley sacked on the same day, and Hinkley take over as Crows coach.
Nicks (Hinkley's apprentice) will coach the cows just as long as Hinkley has coached us maybe longer (for no premiership success) ...
both coaches are so lucky ...

we all know about Hinkley's luck

with Nicks - he (the cows) always faces sides with multiple players out
They play North with players out
They play us we have 3 - 4 players out
They play Brisbane they have 3- 4 players out
Next week they play Collingwood and they have 3- 4 players out

talk about kissed on the

Sounds like he made it all about him post game too ...

Horne-Francis on Ken Hinkley’s passion as coach
“We get a lot of drive and motivation off Kenny. Yeah, being really passionate, we know how passionate he is. And I think it was extra special for him in Geelong, obviously being from there so yeah, he said after the game it was a really special moment for him.”

When asked later about the win and what it meant for the fans Ken said "I don't listen to that outside noise".

Remove this Banner Ad

Back