Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

So can we also say that Travis Boak is also the longest serving player across our entire history not to win a premiership yet?

PAFC (1870-Pres) 200-gamers to retire/leave without a senior premiership:

• Justin Westhoff
• Robbie Gray
• Tom Jonas
• Travis Boak
• Ollie Wines

PAFC (1870-Pres) 200-gamers to retire/leave without having played in a senior Grand Final:

• Robbie Gray
• Tom Jonas
• Ollie Wines

Guys good news, this week Travis Boak breaks the all time port adelaide games without a premiership record!

Dixon accusing supporters who are critical of Hinkley as lacking intelligence was the final straw for me. I've posted before that if Dixon wasn't an AFL player he'd probably be operating a lollipop at some roadworks in outback Queensland.
It just shows you where their head is at.

Once you've been a long time loser and the criticism rolls in, you either roll up the sleeves and get to work, quit or know that you basically have no idea what your doing and have a go at said criticism.

It is so far away from winning its not funny.

PAFC (1870-Pres) 200-gamers to retire/leave without a senior premiership:

• Justin Westhoff
• Robbie Gray
• Tom Jonas
• Travis Boak
• Ollie Wines

PAFC (1870-Pres) 200-gamers to retire/leave without having played in a senior Grand Final:

• Robbie Gray
• Tom Jonas
• Ollie Wines
:musicalnote:All that I'm hearing from you is white noise:musicalnote:

Awesome! I hope he celebrates with a few classic sprays inside 50
I’ve never quite looked at Trav the same since his shanked shot on goal late in the Dawson Showdown that would have put the game to bed.

Think that was when it finally dawned on me that despite being an outstanding professional and loyal clubman, he’s never been clutch or reliable down the stretch post-2014.

A Pendles or even Danger just drills that shot.

Can think of a similar set shot in the third quarter of the 2020 prelim where he didn’t even register a score in a low-scoring affair?

I’ve never quite looked at Trav the same since his shanked shot on goal late in the Dawson Showdown that would have put the game to bed.

Think that was when it finally dawned on me that despite being an outstanding professional and loyal clubman, he’s never been clutch or reliable down the stretch post-2014.

A Pendles or even Danger just drills that shot.

Can think of a similar set shot in the third quarter of the 2020 prelim where he didn’t even register a score in a low-scoring affair?
Yep.

For all the extra training and pseudo-Buddhist tree hugging, I wish he actually put an extra 10% into kicking straight for goals late in games.

In the Boak thread, I couldn't bring myself to call him a great player and I got a bit of hounding. I am even loathe to call him professional because of this one flaw. He is great in many areas, no doubt, but being professional is about removing weaknesses just as much as it is relying on strengths.

I would have preferred a clutch 280 games from Travis than 380 games of very good football bu missing in the big moments.

Imagine burning R. Gray's career without so much as a GF appearance, he'd be a 3 time with a statue at a number of Melbourne clubs even with a few spuds around him.

Yep.

For all the extra training and pseudo-Buddhist tree hugging, I wish he actually put an extra 10% into kicking straight for goals late in games.

In the Boak thread, I couldn't bring myself to call him a great player and I got a bit of hounding. I am even loathe to call him professional because of this one flaw. He is great in many areas, no doubt, but being professional is about removing weaknesses just as much as it is relying on strengths.

I would have preferred a clutch 280 games from Travis than 380 games of very good football bu missing in the big moments.
He’s in the Bob Murphy bracket for mine - his identity once he retires will be his longevity and loyalty to one particular club, rather than any particular on-field brilliance.

Two B&Fs over a 17-year career at a middling club is probably testament to that.

He’s in the Bob Murphy bracket for mine - his identity once he retires will be his longevity and loyalty to one particular club, rather than any particular on-field brilliance.

Two B&Fs over a 17-year career at a middling club is probably testament to that.
He's better than that, you don't runner up the Brownlow without being a very good player. Unfortunately for him his legacy will all be about the failures of Hinkley and him not returning to Geelong.

Lol, sorry but this is rubbish.

Boak might only have 2 B n F's but hasn't he finished 2nd or 3rd about 5 or 6 times?

3 AA's. And 174 Brownlow votes, which includes a 2nd and 4th placing and 4 top 10 finishes and about 7 top 15 finishes.

Mind you Bob Murphy was a good player too, but Boak is much better and will be remembered accordingly. Only behind Wazza, Robbie and Gav at our club in the AFL era.

I can't believe how many of you are so sensitive to a comment Dixon made without thinking to protect Daddy. I don't think he really meant to insult the fans, he was simply getting defensive about the Daddy criticism and even if he was deliberately insulting us, i couldn't care less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe how many of you are so sensitive to a comment Dixon made without thinking to protect Daddy. I don't think he really meant to insult the fans, he was simply getting defensive about the Daddy criticism and even if he was deliberately insulting us, i couldn't care less.
lol he has literally done it like four times. It wasn't a slip.

I don't think I can remember any player, coach or administrator shitcanning our supporters prior to the Hinkley era
Players used to be answerable to the fans. Now, they dont give 2 shits as long as the gravy train is in town

how we long for the days where the worst stuff players would say is "I think the Port Magpies are the real Port Adelaide Port Power is a new entity"

Chad Cornes on radio said he knew we'd beat Geelong before the game because they had a good honest chat midweek after the showdown.

Remember when he said he knew we'd beat Geelong on 07 grand final week?

They're all cut from the same cloth.

Why didn't they have that chat pre-showdown?

It's becuase Hinkley thinks it's an over-hyped home and away match, he hates those games, it's no wonder they don't get up for them, they probably dread them.

how we long for the days where the worst stuff players would say is "I think the Port Magpies are the real Port Adelaide Port Power is a new entity"

The glory days when Roger James inadvertently revealed he didn’t know what the word “heritage” meant.

No, Dixon was out of line on so many levels.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Okay. Have you tried not being such a cuck?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back