Opinion Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Remove this Banner Ad

It's so hard to win and yet 7 clubs have actually won in Hinkley's time as coach and 12 clubs have played off for one in Hinkley's time as coach.

This portrayal of Port fans by the media as this delusional set of fans who think they should win the flag every year and are disenfranchised because they don't couldn't be further from the truth. I think most fans would just be happy if our club started by being an average performing club over the long term rather than a below average performing club.

Taking out the two expansion clubs for obvious reasons, 8 of the other 15 clubs have won more premierships than us since we entered the AFL whilst 4 of the other 15 clubs have won the same number. The only clubs to have fared worse than us are Carlton, St Kilda and Fremantle.

If the club are happy to judge themselves against that latter trio then great. But I would suggest it's reasonable for us to be at least slightly dissatisfied and demand at least a little bit more from our club, irrespective of what its SANFL history says.

As for Kane to suggest that we're the most fickle fans in the AFL, I say get stuffed. We have every right to demand more from our club, and a big part of that is expecting more from the senior coach. If he can't deliver the expected results (ie a premiership), then it's time to give someone else a crack at it.

This portrayal of Port fans by the media as this delusional set of fans who think they should win the flag every year and are disenfranchised because they don't couldn't be further from the truth. I think most fans would just be happy if our club started by being an average performing club over the long term rather than a below average performing club.
For me its much more about how we behave than the outcomes. Its certainly possible for a well-run club to have a 12 year drought (or if you look beyond the current administration even 20 years).

If we genuinely overturn every stone possible to improve, and give 100% on-field, while respecting our members and history, but fall short I can accept that.

Its the smug gaslighting, the accepting of mediocrity, the clear conflicts of interest and boys club, the shitting on our traditions and club, the potshots at members, the toxic gambling and animal cruelty fueled culture, the endless nepotism and internal promotions, and perhaps most importantly the failures presented as successes that I can't stand. Koch standing there at the end of the 2023 season boasting about "making finals" just shows how delusional and out of touch the inner clique is. We're run by unaccountable clowns who refuse to face reality.

If we had back member control and had a set of standards for making impartial, results-focused decisions like most other clubs I'd accept the results that come with it, win or lose.

As for Kane to suggest that we're the most fickle fans in the AFL, I say get stuffed. We have every right to demand more from our club, and a big part of that is expecting more from the senior coach. If he can't deliver the expected results (ie a premiership), then it's time to give someone else a crack at it.
'Most fickle' is particularly galling when our fanbase has already endured our coach already holding the record for most games without a GF appearance at one club, and this weekend breaks the all time record.

Like, this isn't 2015 in Ken's 3rd year, it's been long enough now that fickle isn't something you could use to describe our supporter base. Disengaged or apathetic perhaps, but not fickle.

'Most fickle' is particularly galling when our fanbase has already endured our coach already holding the record for most games without a GF appearance at one club, and this weekend breaks the all time record.

Like, this isn't 2015 in Ken's 3rd year, it's been long enough now that fickle isn't something you could use to describe our supporter base. Disengaged or apathetic perhaps, but not fickle.
Disengaged is spot on. I watch other games from time to time - the passion shown by opposition fans makes me bloody jealous. I just can't get excited while the fraud is still here, because we've seen it all before, and we know how it will end.

Such bullshit.

They bleat about membership number as evidence nothing is wrong.

How can we be "fickle" if we have high membership numbers despite having a coach with the longest run ever without a premiership and a club with one of the longest GF droughts in the AFL.

They are bloody lucky we are not really fickle and the custodians before them created a bond with the club that is stronger than our dislike for the current custodians.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ken - the fat bald guy from dune
Davies - George Costanza
Koch - herr starr from preacher
Rucci - Steve Buscemi
Kane - Ellen DeGeneres
Chadbro - Johnny sins
Whateley - Barbara Streisand
Robbo - some drunk they pulled out of the gutter
I didn't want to go too harsh with my cast because I knew someone else would step up to the plate.

In the wider aftermath of ‘Dream Final’, 119/138/165, and losing to the Suns and Giants in their maiden year.

“Why aren’t you passively accepting of Kenny’s Quagmire of relentless mediocrity, Port fans?!”

Such bullshit.

They bleat about membership number as evidence nothing is wrong.

How can we be "fickle" if we have high membership numbers despite having a coach with the longest run ever without a premiership and a club with one of the longest GF droughts in the AFL.

They are bloody lucky we are not really fickle and the custodians before them created a bond with the club that is stronger than our dislike for the current custodians.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
We are probably the loud minority.
They don't like that
It's a ****ing cult.

It shows that the AFL media are just puppets and Kane well and truly won't sing until Kenny Average has his whole fist up Kane's clacker to tell him what to say.

And what makes it fascist is that no other media person is allowed a conversation at all. This muppet is allowed to say this rubbish in an unaccountable fashion. I saw his latest rant and there was a guy, Sam Someone, who just watched on like he was kicking his janitor in the balls and didn't have an opposing views.

And that's the whole sum of it. There are no opposing views at all.

Controversy has to be made up.
Real important matters are ignored.
The integrity left the building a fairly long time ago.
I honestly don't know how a fair whack of these people sleep at night.

Laughable coming from Kane. He deleted all references to being a port player on social media after Primus dropped him from the AFL side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno, his disappearing acts after embarrassing home finals exits would make David Copperfield proud.
& his disappearing act at the AGMs prior to members question time are legendary. Too gutless & incapable of fronting up to the members. Will only answer the set up questions from the club & that I'm confident that would be on notice so he could prepare & actually make some sense.

Last edited:
Carn. You have to have Jason Alexander playing Chris Davies.

4f7T.gif

Micheal Berryman as Koch
Danny Devito as Davies
Dolph Lungren as Chadbro (Dream Sequence only)
Steve Buscemi as Richo
Seth Rogan as Dixon
Ken Stinkley as himself

Dolph Lungren as Chadbro (Dream Sequence only)

that's a completely different movie about a talking dog scientist with the voice of dolph lundgren

Remove this Banner Ad

Back