Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Remove this Banner Ad

'Clubs have until March 9 to decide whether to sign a player in the SSP. Triallists are eligible to play in pre-season matches.'

You’d assume we would make the call on these 2 before our March 6 preseason game to ensure they play in that if given the spot

that practice game against saints before it will be big for these 2 to impress

That video last week with the team photos briefly showed Skinner lined up with the team in one photo. No sign of Appleby but he may have had one too of course.

Skinner got the 'big boy' physique, i wouldn't mind if he is another josh walker type pick up, i.e. a very servicable player who is an excellent fit at a new club because he is given the opportunity. It wouldn't be a bad thing for the future of the club is tarrant is to go down with a season ending injury 2moro as that way, we don't have to fret over who to leave out as Mackay consolidates at FB, walker at CHB and Corr the versatile tall.

Skinner got the 'big boy' physique, i wouldn't mind if he is another josh walker type pick up, i.e. a very servicable player who is an excellent fit at a new club because he is given the opportunity. It wouldn't be a bad thing for the future of the club is tarrant is to go down with a season ending injury 2moro as that way, we don't have to fret over who to leave out as Mackay consolidates at FB, walker at CHB and Corr the versatile tall.

That makes no sense whatsoever... what you are basically saying is you want injuries so there is no fretting at the selection table? Weekly completion for places is what makes a club and individuals push themselves...

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why is a mod liking this post? Is wishing injury upon players something we are encouraging now?

Why is a mod liking this post? Is wishing injury upon players something we are encouraging now?

Was about to debate this but reread and agree with you.

I thought he'd stated this:

It wouldn't be a bad thing for the future of the club if tarrant went down with a season ending injury 2moro as that way, we don't have to fret over who to leave out as Mackay consolidates at FB, walker at CHB and Corr the versatile tall.

Meaning he saw Skinner as good contingency.

Rereading it, he does seem to say Tarrant getting injured could be positive. Which is pretty off.

wishing injuries on our players is bs.
i hope you get scurvy.

Was about to debate this but reread and agree with you.

I thought he'd stated this:

It wouldn't be a bad thing for the future of the club if tarrant went down with a season ending injury 2moro as that way, we don't have to fret over who to leave out as Mackay consolidates at FB, walker at CHB and Corr the versatile tall.

Meaning he saw Skinner as good contingency.

Rereading it, he does seem to say Tarrant getting injured could be positive. Which is pretty off.
Not really fussed about his grammar or phrasing. Why tf do you guys let him post here? Seriously, just * him off.

Why tf do you guys let him post here? Seriously, just fu** him off.

I vote we just have a weekly purging where we vote who to kick off the board that week. Could run it in conjunction with Choppy's Poster of the Week competition.

What could possibly go wrong.

Yeah except you'd think with North training skinner that we'd be his first choice option and would give us a chance to sign him before another club does.
He obviously has to agree to the other clubs contract.
Noble has brought him over with him so knows what the kid can do if fit.
Given his injury worry the club wont sign him until late feb/march I reckon.
Last knee was 3 year ago if I remember correctly. But agree Nobes would know, and would have to take heart in that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your stupidity knows no bounds

Give Rad Roo a break people. Keep in mind he is still struggling with Grade 2 Grammar. (Do they still call them "Grades" BTW?)

(I can't believe I have just defended - sort of - Rad Roo!! :eek:)
Sorry Horace but it isn't just the grammar that sh!ts me, wishing a season ending injury on one of our best clubmen and players - so that an unproven kid not even on our list gets a shot - is just idiotic to say the least.

I mean the bloke has come up with some crap before but this just takes the cake.

Sorry Horace but it isn't just the grammar that sh!ts me, wishing a season ending injury on one of our best clubmen and players - so that an unproven kid not even on our list gets a shot - is just idiotic to say the least.

I mean the bloke has come up with some crap before but this just takes the cake.

Absolutely correct and no need to say sorry. Rad Roo should be permanently banned imo, but I suppose from the Mods point of view, knowing what he is like is easier to deal with than having to confront the next incarnation of his rubbish posting.

Absolutely correct and no need to say sorry. Rad Roo should be permanently banned imo, but I suppose from the Mods point of view, knowing what he is like is easier to deal with than having to confront the next incarnation of his rubbish posting.
If you don't want to read it just /ignore him. FWIW he could have meant that the way King Corey read it .. though his posting history makes that doubtful.

What would he banned for? There are some pretty clear lines drawn with regards to the rules, and being a generally s**t poster isn't against them otherwise bigfooty would barely exist.

Always be careful what you wish for. Does someone who posts more infrequently but of a similar quality also deserve a ban? What about someone that posts more frequently but not quite as bad? What specific posts are ban 'worthy' and why, and how many other posts/posters would go the way of the dod if that standard was universal?

Ignore/block/respond/refute him (or anyone else) as you please IMO, but regardless of how 'bad' a poster that people, including me, think he is he isn't exactly running rampant breaking rules.

What would he banned for? There are some pretty clear lines drawn with regards to the rules, and being a generally sh*t poster isn't against them otherwise bigfooty would barely exist.

Always be careful what you wish for. Does someone who posts more infrequently but of a similar quality also deserve a ban? What about someone that posts more frequently but not quite as bad? What specific posts are ban 'worthy' and why, and how many other posts/posters would go the way of the dod if that standard was universal?

Ignore/block/respond/refute him (or anyone else) as you please IMO, but regardless of how 'bad' a poster that people, including me, think he is he isn't exactly running rampant breaking rules.
What would he banned for? There are some pretty clear lines drawn with regards to the rules, and being a generally sh*t poster isn't against them otherwise bigfooty would barely exist.

Well said. I remember last year posters where hoping Gawn and company would get injured. Should not be wishing any players get injuries and i wont even mention what i have read on here about Danger. So as stupid a post as it was a few others have been guilty as well just not about North players and i wont get into the worst ever thread on here the whipping boys thread.. I love the Roos as much as any posters on here but we should respect all players to a degree and wish none of them any misfortune. That is my 2 bobs worth anyway,

This is it in a nutshell Dev and we tread over this annually... there's a link for a specific set of rules at the bottom of the page and we still have to oblige them. Bad/disagreeable posting isn't ban worthy and the problem is we believe some people are actual North posters with bad takes as opposed to trolls. The ignore feature is built for them.

And of course, perspective. We have people that get others can't believe aren't punished enough who believe they're punished too much. And as mods we welcome, and love, the report function for our forum because it helps us see things we miss but at the same time it doesn't mean those reports are right. I've heard some horror stories about other forums, as longs as the mods here keep a light hearted look on things and don't take things personally it'll stay one of the best forums to be a part of.

Wonder if we are any closer to making a decision on this one?

We currently have 1 list spot available, but there is going to be some good opportunities for state league and overage players in the mid season draft. We could always look to put Comben on the LTI if we think Skinner or Appleby is a worthwhile shot.

I think Skinner makes the most sense considering our lack of KP options (especially in the forward half)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back