Sam Walsh vs Connor Rozee

Who is the superior talent?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Connor Rozee is the Jack Billings of this draft. Serviceable. Not a bad player. Walsh is the Bont.

Think his ceiling is considerably higher than Billings (whose career has been really disrupted by chronic injury)

I expect Rozee to bounce back next season under a new coach, even if he will never reach the heights and consistency of Walsh.

Rozee has looked pretty good the last 2.5 games since being moved into the midfield. Will be interesting to see if he can sustain it.

Spider Man Lol GIF

Hard to score coaches votes in Carltons midfield when Cripps basically racks up 50 votes in the first 5 games.

Walsh has had a massive 5-6 weeks, took a while to get over his ankle injury and get used to his new role. His game on the weekend was probably his best ever for us I reckon.

Haven't watched much of Rozee to be fair, but glad he has turned it around. Kane Cornes put a target on his back unfortunately.

Hard to score coaches votes in Carltons midfield when Cripps basically racks up 50 votes in the first 5 games.
Why? Hasn't stopped Petracca and Oliver racking up votes.

Plus Cripps only polled 25 votes in the first 5 games which is exactly half of your make believe tally lol

I don't think many people are saying that Rozee has gone past Walsh. Just maybe that gap is closing a bit and Rozee is being a bit over looked here in Victoria this year especially after a poor month to start the year off. I was genuinely surprised to see him so far up the leaderboard

Why? Hasn't stopped Petracca and Oliver racking up votes.

Plus Cripps only polled 25 votes in the first 5 games which is exactly half of your make believe tally lol

I don't think many people are saying that Rozee has gone past Walsh. Just maybe that gap is closing a bit and Rozee is being a bit over looked here in Victoria this year especially after a poor month to start the year off. I was genuinely surprised to see him so far up the leaderboard
Rozee has been very good the last month. Still has a lot of issues with some of his decision making and kicking but hes definitely showing his talent through the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't coaches votes the be all and end all too?
unless you are playing injured/rucking/have a s**t coach or have les than the player you are arguing against

Starting to see the class and polish from Rozee. Really took him a while to start to putting it all together. Slowly but surely he's coming around. He was going to ground a lot earlier in the season which is often a sure sign of a player devoid of confidence. Been very good the past 6-7 weeks.

Walsh is easily the better as it stands right now but Rozee's on the rise.

I could count on one hand how many bad games Walsh has played in his career. I could count on two hands how many truly good games Rozee has played in his career.

Not close.

I could count on one hand how many bad games Walsh has played in his career. I could count on two hands how many truly good games Rozee has played in his career.

Not close.
Heres Connors Coaches votes for his past 10 games: 10,9,0,8,0,8,2,0,10,2 <-- you could argue that thats 5 "truely good" games for Connor (according to the coaches) in his past 10 since moving into the midfield.

Both are VERY good players, but they hurt you in different ways.
Throw in the Kings, Rankine, Butters (AA nominated), Lukocious and even Smith when his head is screwed on and its proving to be a pretty good draft crop.

Heres Connors Coaches votes for his past 10 games: 10,9,0,8,0,8,2,0,10,2 <-- you could argue that thats 5 "truely good" games for Connor (according to the coaches) in his past 10 since moving into the midfield.

Both are VERY good players, but they hurt you in different ways.
Throw in the Kings, Rankine, Butters (AA nominated), Lukocious and even Smith when his head is screwed on and its proving to be a pretty good draft crop.
Mate I’m not disagreeing with you - I think Rozee is fantastic but he’s only just started being fantastic.

It’s just dishonest to compare him to a guy that’s been at that level since the first time he pulled on a guernsey.

Mate I’m not disagreeing with you - I think Rozee is fantastic but he’s only just started being fantastic.

It’s just dishonest to compare him to a guy that’s been at that level since the first time he pulled on a guernsey.
One started in a midfield with patrick cripps barely getting tagged the other started in the hardest position on the ground.
One finished 34 points higher in coaches votes in spite of 5 less games in midfield. How much higher would he be if he was in mid whole year. Before you give me the whole walsh has people to take votes off him, didnt stop oliver and petracca. Top 5 on the ground is top 5.

One started in a midfield with patrick cripps barely getting tagged the other started in the hardest position on the ground.
One finished 34 points higher in coaches votes in spite of 5 less games in midfield. How much higher would he be if he was in mid whole year. Before you give me the whole walsh has people to take votes off him, didnt stop oliver and petracca. Top 5 on the ground is top 5.
Is it possible Rozee was incapable of starting in the midfield?

Walsh received 92 votes last year, which is still higher than Rozee has ever polled... he also almost won the brownlow while getting numerous tags all year. So far Rozee has produced one season at a high level, Walsh has produced multiple

Relax Carlton fans, Walsh has had the better start to his career. Don't get it wrong though, the fear is real and its there for a reason!

Back