Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Always find it a good punting day this one.
Fields are out and look half decent!

Some early thoughts for me:

R2. Sandown Cup.... a dartboard job! Not red hot keen on anything but if I have a bet Wall of Fire. That thing owes me!!

R3. A hard one with so many formlines interweaving, Sweet Rockette for mine

R4. Muraaqeb each way

R5. Rich Charm, purely based on class

R6. Fifty Stars

R7. Ringerdingding, same as last week will shorten on the day IMO

R8. Another dart job!! Going WSTB based off his MV run prior to Melbourne Cup

R9. Crown Witness - really keen on this one

R10. Mintha

come on oliver

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
R9 - Been with Bons away this prep. Hasn’t run a bad race without winning. Having flashbacks of Oohood.
Can’t knock its run v Osborne Bulls last start. Will be on again EW

Zipping Classic itself looks an awful field that would be more fitting of the Sandown Cup.

Hard to be confident about too many of them but I am certain that the mare is absolute poison unders at the moment. She should be double the price and nowhere near fave. Started $10 in the Matriach on the limit and couldn't win FFS so can't see how she deserves to be $5 here - I give her none.

Taj owes me nothing and if you put a line through his MV Cup run he'd be a 6/4 shot. Best horse in the race so I'll just back him to bounce back at 3/1.

AvantGardener

Premiership Player
Mar 13, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
Zipping Classic itself looks an awful field that would be more fitting of the Sandown Cup.

Hard to be confident about too many of them but I am certain that the mare is absolute poison unders at the moment. She should be double the price and nowhere near fave. Started $10 in the Matriach on the limit and couldn't win FFS so can't see how she deserves to be $5 here - I give her none.

Taj owes me nothing and if you put a line through his MV Cup run he'd be a 6/4 shot. Best horse in the race so I'll just back him to bounce back at 3/1.
Yeah I'm on Taj. Caulfield Cup run was great, can excuse him being a bit down 7 days later. Will have the fitness and be fresher than a couple coming back from the Melb Cup. Bet of the day for mine

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Wow, i agree with everything you say, Libretto legit 20s pop at WFA Taj just looks like a moral. What is the world coming too!! (i actually agree with you a lot more than you think i just only comment when you are wrong!)

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Really keen on the bookends.

Don't like betting on first starters in 2 year old races and Salome looked good at the Valley despite being pushed wide

Our Crown Mistress in the last possibly the bet of the spring carnival.

Keen on Ventura Storm in the Zipping but def throwing Taj and our libretto in the quaddie

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
Really keen on the bookends.

Don't like betting on first starters in 2 year old races and Salome looked good at the Valley despite being pushed wide

Our Crown Mistress in the last possibly the bet of the spring carnival.

Keen on Ventura Storm in the Zipping but def throwing Taj and our libretto in the quaddie
based on what?

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Think if Taj runs anywhere near its best it shits in this field, one of the more mediocre races we have seen in years.
Reckon this race is down to 3. Taj Ventura Storm and our Libretto

What are people's thoughts on spending to win in race 9?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
Heading down to the greatest racing day on the calendar, so we've picked the eyes out of this.

1 - Salome (form around Champagne Boom looks good enough for this)
2 - Yogi (victim of tempo recently, looks as good as anything)
Gold Medals (something small, you know it's staying the trip)
3 - Sweet Rockette (the price is gone now, 6-7 weeks off a big +)
4 - Bring Me Roses (found it's level after being competitive in better company)
5 - Rich Charm (Can't think of anything worse than seeing this thing win, and it's trainer getting more airtime)
Chamois Road (tough as nails, never runs a bad race)
6 - Holy Snow (as a bet, shouldn't be $9, Fifty Stars shouldn't be $2 either)
7 - Ringerdingding (absolute tradesman of a horse, he'll love the backup, and Johnny Allen flying)
8 - Lord Fandango (on top, but probably playing exotics tbh, Our Libretto unders)
9 - I'll Have a Bit (2nd up suits)
Bons Away (probably the end of a long campaign, usually jags one)
10 - Our Crown Mistress (D-Day, time to win, trainer likes this race. wind may have died by now, they could be able to lead)

mikey127

Premiership Player
Feb 4, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Heading down to the greatest racing day on the calendar, so we've picked the eyes out of this.

1 - Salome (form around Champagne Boom looks good enough for this)
2 - Yogi (victim of tempo recently, looks as good as anything)
Gold Medals (something small, you know it's staying the trip)
3 - Sweet Rockette (the price is gone now, 6-7 weeks off a big +)
4 - Bring Me Roses (found it's level after being competitive in better company)
5 - Rich Charm (Can't think of anything worse than seeing this thing win, and it's trainer getting more airtime)
Chamois Road (tough as nails, never runs a bad race)
6 - Holy Snow (as a bet, shouldn't be $9, Fifty Stars shouldn't be $2 either)
7 - Ringerdingding (absolute tradesman of a horse, he'll love the backup, and Johnny Allen flying)
8 - Lord Fandango (on top, but probably playing exotics tbh, Our Libretto unders)
9 - I'll Have a Bit (2nd up suits)
Bons Away (probably the end of a long campaign, usually jags one)
10 - Our Crown Mistress (D-Day, time to win, trainer likes this race. wind may have died by now, they could be able to lead)
I'm with you on 7 out of 10 so we could both have a good day. Undecided on race 2 but leaning Azuro

I know fifty stars is short but still on him

Think Ventura Storm has Lird Fandago covered

Other than those I'm with you hopefully we both have a good day

Apr 30, 2007
Drouin
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
I'm with you on 7 out of 10 so we could both have a good day. Undecided on race 2 but leaning Azuro

I know fifty stars is short but still on him

Think Ventura Storm has Lord Fandago covered

Other than those I'm with you hopefully we both have a good day

The Cup is a raffle, depends on the tempo. If it's a staying test, Yogi gets a real good look.

I'd want $4 for Fifty Stars, first time at Group level, but I can't see that happening. Remember, this horse was losing BM78s a month ago.
(Having said that, Weiry probably has the campaigner cherry ripe and it'll win by 4. I just cannot take $2 in that.)

I've got literally no confidence in the Zipping at all. Ventura Storm is as good as any, I guess. I'll probably have a look at a first four and just leave The Taj Mahal & Our Libretto out. Throw at the stumps.

Feb 18, 2008
Nowra
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The Cup is a raffle, depends on the tempo. If it's a staying test, Yogi gets a real good look.

I'd want $4 for Fifty Stars, first time at Group level, but I can't see that happening. Remember, this horse was losing BM78s a month ago.
(Having said that, Weiry probably has the campaigner cherry ripe and it'll win by 4. I just cannot take $2 in that.)

I've got literally no confidence in the Zipping at all. Ventura Storm is as good as any, I guess. I'll probably have a look at a first four and just leave The Taj Mahal & Our Libretto out. Throw at the stumps.

The "right" sand from the "bool

Slipps

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Im liking Bring Me Roses

I thought i was seeing things but Fifty stars is into $1.70 :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back