Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
In contrast to the scumbag, a genuine kind humanitarian.:thumbsu:

D6eXDJD.jpg

Every thing ScuMo does just reeks of classic symptoms of narcissism.

I assume you are, then, also quick to dismiss information issuing from the far Right echo chamber, known as The Australian, The Daily Telegraph, The Courier Mail, The Western Australian, etc.

Think he was being sarcastic.

Agree with all and sundry here that using a tragedy to make political ads is not a good look, nor is it considered normal political practice historically.

I assume you are, then, also quick to dismiss information issuing from the far Right echo chamber, known as The Australian, The Daily Telegraph, The Courier Mail, The West Australian, etc.

It was sarcasm.

Agree with all and sundry here that using a tragedy to make political ads is not a good look, nor is it considered normal political practice historically.

True. Obviously, governments will use ads in times of crisis for information, but this is self-promotion plain and simple. What makes it all the more bizarre is that it's 'promoting' a back-flip that has come weeks too late.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah, apologies if so to Art Corvely, I must have missed the necessary context.
Don't worry, it is bloody hard to tell on here sometimes. There are some posters that have been on here for a while and I'm still not certain whether they're taking the piss, are Russian bots or both

I thought when he was elected last year that he would turn out to be Turnbull Mk 2 (with more right-wing social policy), although his handling of this makes me wonder whether I was hard on Turnbull.

He's making ol' George's handling of Hurricane Katrina look decisive and well thought-out.

If I were a Lib I'd be livid. This should have been an easy win (from a political standpoint) to get enough good publicity and brownie points to win them the next election. He could have done anything. ******* anything. Hell even helping a sausage sizzle for affected families like Albo has done would suffice. Now Morrison's reign as PM is terminal and the LNP are not far behind.

Richard Flanagan writing for the New York Times, on Morrison and the LNP's climate change denialism, the vast majority of which rings true. Excerpt:

"The situation is eerily reminiscent of the Soviet Union in the 1980s, when the ruling apparatchiks were all-powerful but losing the fundamental, moral legitimacy to govern. In Australia today, a political establishment, grown sclerotic and demented on its own fantasies, is facing a monstrous reality which it has neither the ability nor the will to confront. Mr. Morrison may have a massive propaganda machine in the Murdoch press and no opposition, but his moral authority is bleeding away by the hour."

Here:https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/03/...8dbdf5050f66fae636181100&regi_id=703021000104

If I were a Lib I'd be livid. This should have been an easy win (from a political standpoint) to get enough good publicity and brownie points to win them the next election. He could have done anything. ******* anything. Hell even helping a sausage sizzle for affected families like Albo has done would suffice. Now Morrison's reign as PM is terminal and the LNP are not far behind.

The LNP nailed their colours to the mast on this issue. And now it’s coming home to roost.

They are big mining, through and through.

Nah, even if his management of this was competent, it wouldn't help him much in some far-off election (case in point: Anna Bligh in QLD 2010/11).

LNP will still get in next election.

Murdoch is organising the hit as we speak.

Who is the next PM though? That's the question.

I just hope that we don't have to descend into some sort of ridiculous NSW Labor/late 1980's QLD Nats-style farce wherein they change their leader several times in a term and just generally display shocking levels of corruption and incompetence (if we aren't at that point already) before the Federal LNP are finally voted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back