Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad enough to not come on here and spout an alleged $40K share purchase you just made when people have literally lost everything overnight.

Like I said, you're an embarrassment.
Is that so? What a bottom feeder.

Do my positions on things come across as being prone to denying alternative opinions?
Manifestly not. Your default position is 'let's wait and see.'

This is fine, but it is ultimately self defeating; at some point, you have to make a choice, take a side. You cannot sit on the fence forever. At some point, the bloody thing will fall over, and staying there while they're building a new one will be rather hard on the legs.

There's also the fact that you tend towards defense of right wing problems with 'also, the left', or to say 'both are as bad as each other'. This is going to be true some of the time, but not always.

Are you telling your favourite mod to piss off? Really?

If 2 posters have a difference of opinion over something that has nothing to do with the thread, then yes, I believe they should politely take that part of the discussion to pm.

And no I'm not blaming Taylor, as gethellred clearly has an axe to grind.

Do my positions on things come across as being prone to denying alternative opinions?

Sometimes but I only see it as a bias not an ideology with your posting.

You mostly have different views to me but I enjoy reading them most of the time because they are articulated well and it allows me to try and see things from your point of view.

If 2 posters have a difference of opinion over something that has nothing to do with the thread, then yes, I believe they should politely take that part of the discussion to pm.

And no I'm not blaming Taylor, as gethellred clearly has an axe to grind.
... you relish getting into petty tit for tat exchanges in all kinds of threads, whether on topic or not. This is some of the most egregious double standards imaginable.

... you relish getting into petty tit for tat exchanges in all kinds of threads, whether on topic or not. This is some of the most egregious double standards imaginable.

You followed a poster into a thread with the intention of trying to expose some sort of bias that clearly doesn't exist. At no stage have you attempted to engage in good faith.

You don't agree with Taylor. We get it Biff.

Can we all move on now, or is there something else irrelevant to the thread bothering you?

I was thinking yesterday, as you responded to button mashing from your Ashram deep in the mountains of the Himalayas barefoot in the thread, robes flowing, incense burning, beads in one hand, wellbeing budget in the other, I thought to myself: 'What yoga position the moderator for BF would assume ... to deny the first alternative opinion?

You followed a poster into a thread with the intention of trying to expose some sort of bias that clearly doesn't exist. At no stage have you attempted to engage in good faith.

You don't agree with Taylor. We get it Biff.

Can we all move on now, or is there something else irrelevant to the thread bothering you?
I read most of the threads, as they occur; I didn't come into any thread with the intent to start a fight. It's over long exposure to how particular people post on here that patterns can be discerned, as you'd well know.

And I've not mentioned bias, even once. What I've said is purely that Taylor argues in a particular way, and others cannot be blamed for reading things into it. If you object to this, perhaps you could try arguing in defense of Taylor, if you feel she's not doing an adequate job of it yourself, but then that'd make you something of an SJW, would it not?

I'd also like you to quote any particular post or part of a post that is in bad faith, because as far as I'm concerned I haven't attacked her in any way other than purely at an argumentative level.

While the kids are attempting to derail the thread, let us get back to the discussion at hand.

I would encourage all Australians to do your bit and help ScoMo in these difficult times.

Put your petty differences and ideology aside, and help us stop much needed medical supplies being secretly shipped back to China.

If you see or hear of such behaviour, please report it to police.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That the image of convenience they have of me in their mind isn't accurate, mostly.
If you express mostly right wing opinions over an extended time, most people will conclude you believe them, and hence conclude you’re a right winger.

Is there some nuance we’re all missing here?

If you express mostly right wing opinions over an extended time, most people will conclude you believe them, and hence conclude you’re a right winger.

Is there some nuance we’re all missing here?
There's plenty, but it will need you to recognise that people can have a toe in the bath and not be wet.

There's plenty, but it will need you to recognise that people can have a toe in the bath and not be wet.
So we need to understand that though you may express opinions, they are not necessarily your true opinions?

Groucho Marx: “These are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.”

Good to know.

What a bloody waste of everyone’s time then.

So we need to understand that though you may express opinions, they are not necessarily your true opinions?

Groucho Marx: “These are my principles. If you don’t like them, I have others.”

Good to know.

What a bloody waste of everyone’s time then.
No, more that you need to not assume positions are fixed, immobile and ubiquitous throughout all people who share the opinion.

I know it's easier to pass judgement on entire swaths of people if they are relatively equal to each other, but individuals come to you as individuals and should really be treated with a blank slate, free of assumptions about what they stand for.

No, more that you need to not assume positions are fixed, immobile and ubiquitous throughout all people who share the opinion.

I know it's easier to pass judgement on entire swaths of people if they are relatively equal to each other, but individuals come to you as individuals and should really be treated with a blank slate, free of assumptions about what they stand for.

I really think the bolded bit is being directed at the wrong audience.

Have you ever asked yourself why some of us so called "lefties (we're all not but if we disagree with certain people that's how we are tarred)" respond the way we do to the constant trolling from the likes of Dumb and Dumber in this thread?

It is precisely for the reasons you identify in your post.

I really think the bolded bit is being directed at the wrong audience.

Have you ever asked yourself why some of us so called "lefties (we're all not but if we disagree with certain people that's how we are tarred)" respond the way we do to the constant trolling from the likes of Dumb and Dumber in this thread?

It is precisely for the reasons you identify in your post.

There is absolutely too much generalizations of conveniences thrown around here and it goes both directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back