Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is the problem you dullard.

I am not worried about the details. I am worried about the overall message. On Sunday I could go to a restaurant with 100 people, on Tuesday I can't exercise in a park with 5 mates but I can go to boot camp with the same 5 mates. In my case, because I am a responsible human I now just stay at home unless I have to buy food. I work at home and I exercise with my wife in the local park away from everyone. And that is it. I'll see my family and friends when this is over.

However, the message is all over the place. Why doesn't your gloriously inept PM have the stones to lock the joint down so that even the simple are not left trying to count wedding guests and work out how to flaunt the system (idiot Bindi Irwin decided to bring her wedding forward to today so she could have all her guests present)? This drip fed lockdown is not helping the economy, it is not slowing down the virus and it is muddying the waters for those who don't know what the rules are.

If his message was getting through we wouldn't have had instances of 20 people at a social gathering infecting each other and then countless dozens in the wider community. You forget that he is PM for everyone, not just those of us responsible enough to make responsible choices. And whether you like it or not, the ambiguous messaging WILL cost lives because idiots don't understand nuance. Idiots need it in black and white.

It's very basic:

If you can help it, don't touch your face.

Wash your hands often.

Keep away from other people. When venturing to the supermarket, stay 1.5 metres away from others.

Take some baby wipies with you so you can wipe down the trolley or basket handles before you touch them.

If your comb over doesn't need a trim, ask yourself 'Can I wait a few more weeks to get my hair cut?'

Go play in the backyard if you think the playground will be busy.

It's not rocket science man!

7xuWw.gif

Problem for #scottyfrommarkerting is that he’s trying to come off like an intellectual but he’s nothing but a blabbering moron, someone needs to tell him that you cannot buy intelligence. He try’s to say in 100 words what can be said with 10, and when he says it at 10pm it sounds even more confusing.

The country needs a forceful and authoritarian leader right now, not a half assed mountain goat that has an IQ of 90.

It's very basic:

If you can help it, don't touch your face.

Wash your hands often.

Keep away from other people. When venturing to the supermarket, stay 1.5 metres away from others.

Take some baby wipies with you so you can wipe down the trolley or basket handles before you touch them.

If your comb over doesn't need a trim, ask yourself 'Can I wait a few more weeks to get my hair cut?'

Go play in the backyard if you think the playground will be busy.

It's not rocket science man!

7xuWw.gif

I know that and you know that. So I don't understand why you continue to make this about political allegiance and post condescending memes. Most morally decent people with a working brain on both sides of politics get it.

But how do you deal with the idiot who doesn't get it? The message needs to be crystal clear from the start and it wouldn't matter if he was the world's best PM, Morrison's strength is not communication. And right now we need a someone who communicates much better so that fkwits who are endangering lives understand.

You seem to think it is only lefties that aren't getting the message. I am pretty safe in saying that of the dozens of people who attended moron Bindi Irwin's wedding today are not all of the same political allegiance. There would have been plenty of LNP voters in attendance too.

But it's all sooo unfair, the inequality, the greed....ScoMo said I can't go to the gym.

I was trembling so much when he spoke I don't know if he said I can't go to the food court or if he said I have 30 minutes to get my hair done.

Woe is leftie me :(
You kinda struck me as a balding chubbster.
Doubt you’ve use for those two anyway.

Fairer is quite subjective isn't it?
No it's actually objectively measurable. I suspect you need to read a little more widely.

Just remember all those people getting paid welfare money and using the health care services are enjoying the fruits of the work and tax of people who earn the most, and the debt accrued will primarily be paid for by those same people doing well and earning the most.
Bollox. Numerous high-profile corporations that effectively pay no tax put the lie to your assertion.

Why do you maintain this fairytale in the face of the actual evidence? This is not some lefty undergraduate half-formed theory, this is demonstrable fact.

That's society.
Bollox again. Australia used to be one of the most upwardly-mobile societies on the face of the planet. (Meaning, anyone born poor in Australia had a better chance of getting rich in their lifetime than in just about any other country on earth.)

But the last ten years of relentless depredations by your "free" market heroes have seen us slide well down the ranks of the upwardly mobile. Thanks a lot.

Circumstances like this really bring into focus what is important, nobody cares about emissions now that jobs are disappearing.
And here was I, thinking the very liveability of the only planet we exist on was kinda important. Thanks for setting me straight.

Why do you maintain this fairytale in the face of the actual evidence?
Because the highest incomes actually do pay the majority of income tax and income tax forms the highest percentage of revenue for the government.

So it might be an inconvenient fact, but it's one all the same

Bollox again. Australia used to be one of the most upwardly-mobile societies on the face of the planet
Australia is regularly regarded as a top nation on the planet to live and our social services put our entire population in the top 20% of wealth on the whole planet.

So I get it, comparing Australians to each other we might not move as much, but to the rest of the world we are a shelf floating off higher together.

We have the means to look after our people, this line about life here being bad is rubbish and only used to make people who are actually winning at life feel hard done by.

I know that and you know that. So I don't understand why you continue to make this about political allegiance and post condescending memes. Most morally decent people with a working brain on both sides of politics get it.

But how do you deal with the idiot who doesn't get it? The message needs to be crystal clear from the start and it wouldn't matter if he was the world's best PM, Morrison's strength is not communication. And right now we need a someone who communicates much better so that fkwits who are endangering lives understand.

You seem to think it is only lefties that aren't getting the message. I am pretty safe in saying that of the dozens of people who attended moron Bindi Irwin's wedding today are not all of the same political allegiance. There would have been plenty of LNP voters in attendance too.

I know you're in there somewhere mate. You can't be this ridiculous.

People don't always listen. They commit crimes. They rape. They slaughter. The whole time they are doing wrong, they know it is wrong they are doing.

Coronavirus has been explained to you, to me, to people raised by wolves.

You Can Still Udresatnd Waht I'm Saiyng, Eevn If The Wrods are a bit Jubmled Up.

The Godfather II will be on soon. Please paisan. Let us reason together. In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit; renounce satan, and just stop.

Because the highest incomes actually do pay the majority of income tax and income tax forms the highest percentage of revenue for the government.

So it might be an inconvenient fact, but it's one all the same
And it's also an inconvenient fact that they should be paying far more tax than they do.

Let's just pretend that trusts and offshore havens and any number of other dodges that those who are rich enough to have full-time accountants use simply don't exist, shall we?

I spent a decade and a half living in Vaucluse and doing event management there. I dealt with these people first-hand. Me and the team sat down on the decks of their fabulous harbourside mansions and talked through the fine details of their glittering event. Some of them couldn't help boasting about how little they'd done to earn their filthy piles, and how little tax they'd paid along the way. "Mate, anyone who pays tax in Australia is a f***ing idiot" was a common theme for them to expound upon, without them ever bothering to check whether we wanted to hear it or not.

Try existing in the real world for a bit. It's quite a revelation.

Australia is regularly regarded as a top nation on the planet to live and our social services put our entire population in the top 20% of wealth on the whole planet.

So I get it, comparing Australians to each other we might not move as much, but to the rest of the world we are a shelf floating off higher together.
Like I said, these things are demonstrable and measurable.

Yes, we are still one of the more upwardly mobile societies.

But we used to be one of the most. And the reason we no longer are, is because of the deliberate actions of your "free" market heroes.

this line about life here being bad is rubbish and only used to make people who are actually winning at life feel hard done by.
Self-serving and not supported by the facts.

Facts are good. Go facts!

And it's also an inconvenient fact that they should be paying far more tax than they do.

Let's just pretend that trusts and offshore havens and any number of other dodges that those who are rich enough to have full-time accountants use simply don't exist, shall we?

I spent a decade and a half living in Vaucluse and doing event management there. I dealt with these people first-hand. Me and the team sat down on the decks of their fabulous harbourside mansions and talked through the fine details of their glittering event. Some of them couldn't help boasting about how little they'd done to earn their filthy piles, and how little tax they'd paid along the way. "Mate, anyone who pays tax in Australia is a f***ing idiot" was a common theme for them to expound upon, without them ever bothering to check whether we wanted to hear it or not.

Is being exposed to these people the real world?

Is being exposed to these people the real world?
Yes, insofar as it puts the lie to your lalaland belief in everything being down to hard work.

They exist, they're filthy rich, and they've paid bugger all tax. And take it from me, after fifteen years, I know the Vaucluse ethos, and there's plenty of them there living it on full display. I'd hazard a guess that 70% of the wealth in Vaucluse is inherited.

But my point is, don't worry about my anecdotal evidence. Do some reading. This is all studied and analysed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know people that talk like that but it reminds me of those guys that talk up how many chicks they pulled last weekend.

Yes, insofar as it puts the lie to your lalaland belief in everything being down to hard work.

They exist, they're filthy rich, and they've paid bugger all tax. And take it from me, after fifteen years, I know the Vaucluse ethos, and there's plenty of them there living it on full display. I'd hazard a guess that 70% of the wealth in Vaucluse is inherited.

But my point is, don't worry about my anecdotal evidence. Do some reading. This is all studied and analysed.

By the sounds of it that is more like new money big noting itself because old money and maybe Sydney is different to Melbourne but in Melbourne the old money set considers it inappropriate to discuss ones money. (insert plum voice) but 70% inherited sounds about right.

I know you're in there somewhere mate. You can't be this ridiculous.

People don't always listen. They commit crimes. They rape. They slaughter. The whole time they are doing wrong, they know it is wrong they are doing.

Coronavirus has been explained to you, to me, to people raised by wolves.

You Can Still Udresatnd Waht I'm Saiyng, Eevn If The Wrods are a bit Jubmled Up.

The Godfather II will be on soon. Please paisan. Let us reason together. In the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit; renounce satan, and just stop.

You aren't interested in robust debate. You're a troll. My last post was fair, reasonable and invited discussion but you sat in the cheap seats and took another round of cheap shots.

Everything you post is inane, ill-reasoned and condescending rubbish.

Which is quite the achievement for a simpleton.

Have a s**t life, I genuinely mean that. People like you are a complete waste of time and resource.

It's fu**en true

dutton getting up EVERY.SINGLE.QT since 2014 repeating the same wank proves it.

We're so great , you're so s**t HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

dutton fanbois are the reason this country's so f’ed
You must surely know that I wasn't arguing your point, but rather the absolutely eye-bleachingly horrific visual you chose to make it with!

Old man that spent his whole life coasting and now has nothing to show for himself needs to believe everyone that's done well for themselves was just lucky.

I always liked this vid to explain it.

Have a s**t life, I genuinely mean that. People like you are a complete waste of time and resource.
And there we have it. Think about going home mate, take care of your family, do what you gotta do. The govt doesnt control you or the decisions you make in life. This is a terrible cluster of events but your misplaced anger is sad. You control what you control, no one else.

Last edited:
I find the ignore function one of the biggest cop outs available.

Reality is in life you meet and interact with people with different opinions to yourself.

The weak invoke the ignore
There's no-one in real life that you ignore? You listen to everybody's opinions on things? That seems like an incredible waste of time. Likewise with having to wade through some of the absolute crap that gets left in these threads, absolutely stinking up the joint.

I see it differently, the smart uses the ignore function to clean up the garbage

There are some obviously crazy and deranged trolls here posting stuff you would never bother to read or respond to if you know what's good for you, so why have them clog up my feed?
That's what the block button on twitter is for

The stuff said here is quite tame compared to what is allowed over there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back