Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You can throw up all the grandiose, psychoanalytical language you like - but what you can't do is explain what you would have done in that free time between the end of the G7 and needing to be in London.

Why did his official photograper take no photos, why the media blackout until the story was broken by Cornwall's local paper?

Why did his official photograper take no photos, why the media blackout until the story was broken by Cornwall's local paper?
Because him and / or his PR team aren't as smart as they think they are, just like hawaii this was always going to get out.

That is sperate to the concept of what is and isn't an appropriate way to spend free time between the end of the G7 and meetings in London.

I can guarantee however he'd spent that free time, you (and your mate mr bananas) would have whined.
But your guarantee is absolutely worthless. It may even have a net negative value.

What would you have done in that free time? (noting you start at cornwall and have to end up in london)
Probably taken a moment to reflect on how privileged I am to be able to travel overseas when the rest of the country can't, and how privileged I am to be able to return home when hundreds of thousands of Australians remain stuck overseas.

You can throw up all the grandiose, psychoanalytical language you like - but what you can't do is explain what you would have done in that free time between the end of the G7 and needing to be in London.
Well we can see why nobody has ever trusted you with the petty cash or end of season trip funds.

You do not use taxpayers money for private purposes. This is made clear to every public servant, including MPs, from day one.

Most people, with a modicum of ethics, don’t need to be told - do not be a **** with others’ money.

But your guarantee is absolutely worthless. It may even have a net negative value.

Probably taken a moment to reflect on how privileged I am to be able to travel overseas when the rest of the country can't, and how privileged I am to be able to return home when hundreds of thousands of Australians remain stuck overseas.

First part is ad hominin so I shall ignore it.

Second part is flowery, non committed language of the Mick F variety - you refuse to suggest what in real terms he should have done and where he should have gone between the end of the G7 and start of meetings in London.

Well we can see why nobody has ever trusted you with the petty cash or end of season trip funds.

You do not use taxpayers money for private purposes. This is made clear to every public servant, including MPs, from day one.

Most people, with a modicum of ethics, don’t need to be told. Don’t be a **** with others’ money.
That is an excellent point that is relevant to most if not all politicians, albo bills the taxpayer to attend concerts and rugby games, scomo bills the taxpayer to visit his families gravesite - i dont like either but its par for the course.

Most people, with a modicum of ethics, don’t need to be told - do not be a **** with others’ money.
The distinction between taxpayers money and Liberal Party private funds have become so blurred as to be indistinct.

First part is ad hominin so I shall ignore it.

Second part is flowery, non committed language of the Mick F variety - you refuse to suggest what in real terms he should have done and where he should have gone between the end of the G7 and start of meetings in London.
I gave you an answer, it isn't my problem if you don't like it. My ad hominem was simply a response to your own.

The distinction between taxpayers money and Liberal Party private funds have become so blurred as to be indistinct.
And for people to infer that ethics and character are bygone human traits - like Pell’s ‘kiddy fiddling is harmless’ apologists, cheating on tax, and youths raping girls that have passed out at parties - “we’ve all done it, come on!”

Well no, it is not common practice. Business owners, community leaders and parents manage to lead their lives committed to principles of the highest order, and develop our future citizens to do the same.

P.S. Another man devoid of principles. Barnaby ‘I’ll take advantage of the power imbalance with a subordinate and shag her whilst she is starry eyed and drunk’ Joyce has been re-elected Nationals leader.

Last edited:
And for people to infer that ethics and character is a bygone human trait - like Pell’s apologists, cheating on tax, and youths raping girls that have passed out at parties - “we’ve all done it, come on!”

Well no, it is not common practice. Business owners, community leaders and parents manage to lead their lives committed to principles of the highest order, and develop our future citizens to do the same.
It's the born to rule mentality that gives a clown like Morrison ideas beyond his station, look at the collective tantrum the Libs threw last time they were forced into opposition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They give grants to those who give campaign donations back..... Public money back to the liberal party.
When will people understand that the government doesn't actually have any money they only admister the people's money.

Optics issues matter too in politics, especially when they build up. The bushfires weren't a good look for Scummo, and the Porter debacle probably put him off election for another year.

They also matter if the media hammers them for it over and over, such as with the carbon tax that wasn't, but I think Scummo is pretty safe from that one since the media are the LNPs b*tch now.

Yes. Also welcome back from your suspension, I missed your posts.

View attachment 1160222

The man who kills everything else by a thousand cuts is killing himself by a thousand cuts (hopefully)

Edit: Also, the media are not the LNPs bitch. The LNP are the media overlords lapdog

Last edited:
It's the born to rule mentality that gives a clown like Morrison ideas beyond his station, look at the collective tantrum the Libs threw last time they were forced into opposition.
They truly think their destiny was to be a great leader, that they are in their positions because they are the best and brightest. Although never apparent at school or in the business world. Abbott and Morrison never community leaders.

Well no, their job is to vote on behalf of the constituents whilst they go about the important work of raising families, providing services and attending to matters mercantile.

We live in a representative democracy.

Last edited:
No the fog diversion was upon arrival to cornwall and the summit, this was at the end a few days later, but nice try.

How would you have spent that free couple of hours ghosty?

And yes your quote below substantiates what I just said, so thank you.

But if Dan Andrews did it you'd be handing out pitchforks mate.

Let's not pretend otherwise.

That's irrelevant.

Why isn't the PM leading by example?

'Do as I say not do as I do' is a mantra this government lives by.

Boys trip

You mean to say he lied outright about the visit on his PR arm 2GB this morning - “just passing through/time to kill blah blah”? As did his unscrupulous supporters, that insisted it was merely a free part of a day that presented itself out of the blue (post G7 summit and before meeting with Johnson in London), rather than a well planned part of his itinerary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back