Resource Season 34 Sign up Thread (New players required!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I ask a question about some of the fields in the signup template? I'll try to be nice.

Name (your BigFooty username): <-- this is necessary
Preferred Position 1: I guess it can be relevant during signup, but it's a bit superfluous. It's usually negotiated through PM or not at all.
Preferred Position 2: As above.
Preferred Position 3: As above.
Number: <-- this means stuff-all during signup. Don't demand it here. Let the recruiting club quiz them for persona data.
Height: <-- As above.
Weight: <-- As above.
Preferred Team (if you have one): <-- fair enough
State (optional): <-- fine I guess.
How did you hear about the S.F.A?: <-- good concept

With more and more people using their phone for internet, keeping the typing to a minimum is useful to keep interest and attention. I suggest we only need:

Name (your BigFooty username):
Preferred Position(s) (optional):
Preferred Team (optional):
State (optional):
How did you hear about the S.F.A?:
About you: (optional):
^ if you wanna say youre a six-footer with silky skills and an eye for a carafe of kompot, you can add it here.

What do you think? My main thought is just to make it smaller, not necessarily the specifics. But I think I have something there.
Excellent feedback

I personally thought height and weight was a good question as it forced me to think about my persona on signing up.
We're supposed to have persona's around here? I'm just my usual *ed self. * I've been doing it wrong for years.

I personally thought height and weight was a good question as it forced me to think about my persona on signing up.
That will be relevant on some very specific scenarios.
But for most, mostly irrelevant

I understand this but I've never really subscribed to it myself - I don't really see the point as team selections rarely pay attention to it. No-one's ever said "well they CAN'T play ruck, they said on sign-up they were short!"

I just want that template - the first thing a new player sees - to be really, really simple and easy and sans anything superfluous. Seriously, most websites these days try to find a way to be able to say "sign up in x easy steps" or even "one click and youre away".
Exactly my thoughts

Can I ask a question about some of the fields in the signup template? I'll try to be nice.

Name (your BigFooty username): <-- this is necessary
Preferred Position 1: I guess it can be relevant during signup, but it's a bit superfluous. It's usually negotiated through PM or not at all.
Number: <-- this means stuff-all during signup. Don't demand it here. Let the recruiting club quiz them for persona data.
Height: <-- As above.
Weight: <-- As above.
Preferred Team (if you have one): <-- fair enough
State (optional): <-- fine I guess.
How did you hear about the S.F.A?: <-- good concept

With more and more people using their phone for internet, keeping the typing to a minimum is useful to keep interest and attention. I suggest we only need:

State (optional):
^ if you wanna say youre a six-footer with silky skills and an eye for a carafe of kompot, you can add it here.

What do you think? My main thought is just to make it smaller, not necessarily the specifics. But I think I have something there.
Hey mate,

Welcome to the Sweet Football Association! So awesome you found your way to the board - I know you are well regarded on other parts of BigFooty. I hope you will consider joining me at the Mount Buller Demons. We have some posters you may know from other boards, such as Headless from the Headless board of Headless. I think you would fit in just perfectly at the Mount Buller Demons.

Cheers
Hate

Hey mate,

Welcome to the Sweet Football Association! So awesome you found your way to the board - I know you are well regarded on other parts of BigFooty. I hope you will consider joining me at the Mount Buller Demons. We have some posters you may know from other boards, such as Headless from the Headless board of Headless. I think you would fit in just perfectly at the Mount Buller Demons.

Cheers
Hate
Oh yeah and can the thread be restricted to only a chosen set of representatives? :D

Name (your BigFooty username): COLOR]
Number: COLOR]
Height: COLOR]
Weight: COLOR]
Preferred Team (if you have one): COLOR]
State (optional): COLOR]
How did you hear about the S.F.A?: COLOR]

State (optional):

Correct, we don’t need half of this s**t. Especially the position stuff. No rookie is getting a prime spot unless they are f***ing fire from day one and anybody that says they just want to be a BP inevitably is a non-poster. Best to manage expectations from day one.

Correct, we don’t need half of this s*t. Especially the position stuff. No rookie is getting a prime spot unless they are f***ing fire from day one and anybody that says they just want to be a BP inevitably is a non-poster. Best to manage expectations from day one.
*unless if you are a rookie for the Wonders in season 31

They played in the rover spot but only posted twice the entire season.

I keep trying to write something funny but I’m too sad.

What kind of s**t captain would do something desperate like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're supposed to have persona's around here? I'm just my usual ******ed self. * I've been doing it wrong for years.
+1 here

I'm only disappointed that you're no longer doing that thing with your fist.

I understand this but I've never really subscribed to it myself - I don't really see the point as team selections rarely pay attention to it. No-one's ever said "well they CAN'T play ruck, they said on sign-up they were short!"

I just want that template - the first thing a new player sees - to be really, really simple and easy and sans anything superfluous. Seriously, most websites these days try to find a way to be able to say "sign up in x easy steps" or even "one click and youre away".
Who are you and where are you hiding Mobbs?

Correct, we don’t need half of this s**t. Especially the position stuff. No rookie is getting a prime spot unless they are f***ing fire from day one and anybody that says they just want to be a BP inevitably is a non-poster. Best to manage expectations from day one.
Some of us are happy to sit in s**t spots to grow our clubs.

Some of us are happy to sit in s**t spots to grow our clubs.

Veterans yes. Or people who don’t really care. I’m taking about recruiting new players in this, the sign up thread. Existing players who don’t really care and are happy just having a team to post with aren’t really the point of the sign up thread.

Veterans yes. Or people who don’t really care. I’m taking about recruiting new players in this, the sign up thread. Existing players who don’t really care and are happy just having a team to post with aren’t really the point of the sign up thread.
Must have misunderstood you mate "no rookie is getting a prime spot". Agree with getting rid of the position stuff though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back