Official Match Thread Season 37 Round 12 - Coney Island Warriors v East Side Hawks at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1961061
Agent93 Ambrose Burnside BEEG Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Frankston Rover Freofalcon Lord_Flashheart Mesc Mofra Moo Ocha905 pantskyle Paracleet Piggy Smalls Purple7x08_24 Raveneyes Reginald Perrin SBYM Smoooothy Snuffaluphagus spudmaster Stokey The Filth Wizard TheInjuryFactory toxic TubbsFarquhar Volbeat zackah

Hello Wazzas, we have another opportunity here to take a look back at Tales of Yore with this week's This Round In Warriors History.

This week being round 12 and given that our opponents are the East Side Hawks, I thought we'd go back to a previous time where we played the East Side Hawks in round 12. Back to season 30.

View attachment 1961063

By round 12 of season 30 neither the Warriors nor the Hawks (before they burst into flames) were getting the rub of the qooty green, sitting 10th & 11th on the ladder with each having 3-8 records in an age before byes. The OP was posted in the middle of the night in perhaps a portent of the current day match posting fad in what I assume was a predictably convivial week between the two clubs idk I'm not going through 38 pages of conviviality you do it. There were plenty of current day Wazzas involved. zackah BEEG Dinsdale FootyGuy13 Freofalcon Raveneyes pantskyle (via his Doctor Colossus personality) & yours truly suited up on game day, former captain TheInjuryFactory was serving some sort of penalty but was active as heck otherwise, Agent93 was captaining the opposition, and there were appearances from The Filth Wizard TubbsFarquhar Stokey & coach The Donald throughout the week. There was also eight current Hawks involved back then, as well as this week's OP writer/erroneous accuser Chipmunk.

The match itself was posted at a traditional Sunday afternoon timeslot and started with PMBangers kicking a goal for the Hawks in the opening minute. The one minute and 14 seconds between that and zackah kicking a replying goal [SPOILER ALERT] was the only time the Hawks led all game. We kicked 8 goals to 2 in the first quarter, another 8 goals to 2 in the second quarter, 9 goals to 5 in the third quarter and 6 goals to 1 in the last quarter to finish 31.10 (196) for us and 10.11 (71) to them. The list of records for this result is unsurpassed:

31.10 (196) is the highest score in Coney Island history,
125 points is the biggest win in Coney Island history,
41 is the most scoring shots in a single match in Coney Island history,
21 is the second biggest differential between goals and behinds in Coney Island history,
148 points between rounds 11 & 12 in season 30 is the most positive form reversal in Coney Island history.

Kicking 31 goals means many Wazzas filled their boots. Raveneyes led the way with 6, Freofalcon & NaturalDisaster (remember him?) kicked 4 each, FootyGuy13 & iGNITER kicked 3 each, and pantskyle harry000 & BEEG kicked 2 each. Hell, even Randomizor kicked 2. How random is that?

And to kick 31 goals you need people to get the ball to the goal kickers. Those with leather poisoning included FootyGuy13 (37 disposals), Dinsdale (33), oldmate (32), pantskyle & Randomizor (26 each), leobarryustar (25), RelaxMax (23) & BEEG (21).

Reminisce Wazzas, this was a result out of the box. Enjoy the week, then assume the position on Friday 3.

View attachment 1961120
What's that Split Enz song? "History always repeats"

LFG wazzahs and show the Sim we're not to be trifled with, not even sponge caked with.

Awesome OP Chipmunk :love: Those are one of my favourite puzzle types so full votes for you. Just requesting a little more clarity on the prediction of 17 for the Hawks - was that points or goals? We're having one of those seasons where it's not immediately obvious.

You’ve got Mesc in defence, surely he’ll stop the Hawks scoring more than 17.

There was a spudmaster sighting recently in my old neighborhood! 😮

View attachment 1960887

spudmaster doing his best impression of a Warriors defender, make the change Bob and move spud to FB
I'm sure it's on the cards for S38. Having a mare of a season up forward. Can't mark, can't score, can't remember which way we're supposed to be kicking etc. Am being used as foil for Filthy this season but if he pumps out another 1goal 5behind performance I'll have a word to the coach.

What's that Split Enz song? "History always repeats"

LFG wazzahs and show the Sim we're not to be trifled with, not even sponge caked with.
I think the song was “ six months in a leaking club”

Hope everyone has a nice dinner planned this evening.
Dinner update- still nothing, not sure whether to ask my wife who is sitting next to me what she’s making?

Thoughts and prayers if I do ask 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree entirely! Wet chips, no thanks. Dipping them into sauce allowable though?
Yes happy to put some sauce on. Chicken salt is a must

Announcing Bill Murray GIF

Hey spudmaster. How long is your avatar going to stay on for?
I only remembered to switch it back last night. Hoping I can spend at least a few days with it this time around, but nothing's certain. You haven't had a new one in a while - need to start living on the edge mate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back