Analysis Seven H & A rounds to go - will the final 8 change?

Remove this Banner Ad

So, we're into the back third of the season. 7 rounds to go. I've had a look at the comparable challenges facing the current top 10 teams all hoping for finals action.
It's really going to be fascinating watching the remainder of the H&A rounds unfold. The AFL bwanas must be creaming themselves.
$wan$ and Freo are almost certainties for top 2. Freo will go all out to maximise their percentage gains over the next 2 weeks (GWS and Saints).
I just can't see the Cats relinquishing a top 4 spot. That leaves the final top 4 spot to be either us or Port. If we win tonight, I'd favour us. If we lose and Port emerge from their form slump then I see us ending up in 5th place (a home final against 8th - Gold Coast/Collingwood?) .
The Suns, sans Gary Jnr, are the biggest unknown. They and Nth have the easiest runs. They are both too far back to crack the top 4 and, assuming they win the ones they should, shouldn't be displaced from the 8. Only the Pies are in any danger of that happening.
A lot of things have to go right for Crows and * (and badly wrong for others) for either to play finals.
It would be most hilarious if * somehow snuck in, only to be summarily kicked out again!

Your thoughts people?

Team (pts) games vs curr bottom 6.... games vs curr top 8.............My guess at final 8
$wan$ (48) ......................3................................ 2.....................................$wan$
HAWKS (44) ......................2................................ 4.....................................Freo
Port (44) ...........................2................................ 4.....................................Cats
Freo (44) ......................... 4................................3..................................... Hawks
Cats (44) ........................ 4................................3.....................................Nth
Pies (36) ......................... 2................................2.....................................Port
Nth (36) ......................... 5................................1.....................................Pies
Suns (36) ......................... 4................................1.....................................Suns
Crows (32) ....................... 2................................3
Ess* (32) ....................... 2................................3

Last edited:
mate its just so tight to call. I think if we can beat Sydney (which I am confiodent about) we will make top 2
hard to see cats not making 4 with their easy run
Roos have a pisse asy draw too..pricks
I think Port or hawks will finish 5th
Its about the sydney game

I never look more than one week ahead and I treat any sort of 'ladder predictor' with utter contempt. Unless someone has a proven record of picking 9 out of 9 winners week in, week out, then I believe predictors are complete s**t. I remember last year some 'experts' out there were suggesting we'd struggle to stay in the top 4 because of our tough run home and I sense some sort of weird deja vu happening once more.

all we can do is focus on what we have to do

Sydney (in melb).......obviously a big game, but if we play well and Buddy doesnt fire we should win
Melbourne (in melb).......should be a comfortable win, we might need the %
Western (in melb).........should be a comfortable win, we need the %
Geelong (in melb)..........our nemisis, we might drop this 1, but i'm hoping we don't play like Bishes like we often do against the cats
Fremantle (in perth).........tough one, we usually have no trouble with Fremantle
Collingwood (in melb).........should win this one, more Buckley tears

obviously this is without the Hawks having their Geelong/North Melb brainfart form......

all we can do is focus on what we have to do

Sydney (in melb).......obviously a big game, but if we play well and Buddy doesnt fire we should win
Melbourne (in melb).......should be a comfortable win, we might need the %
Western (in melb).........should be a comfortable win, we need the %
Geelong (in melb)..........our nemisis, we might drop this 1, but i'm hoping we don't play like Bishes like we often do against the cats
Fremantle (in perth).........tough one, we usually have no trouble with Fremantle
Collingwood (in melb).........should win this one, more Buckley tears

obviously this is without the Hawks having their Geelong/North Melb brainfart form......
In Launnie that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back