Shield Sheffield Shield Round 1: South Australia vs Western Australia, Karen Rolton Oval, 10/10/2020 @ 11 AM AEST

Who gets more points?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a soft dismissal from Whiteman. I'm a fan but Chadd Sayers is not quick enough to be able to bounce you out

Bangers should be in T20 mode here

1/180 should be throw the kitche sink time - if you lose 5/50 quickly - who cares.

4 balls left in the day, that will be the MO in the morning

A great start to the cricket season for Agar with 114* & 5/103.
But there is still a full day to go and chasing down 362+ on that flat deck is not impossible at all.

They'll bat for the first 40 mins or so and put on 40 to make it a 400 run chase. If we lose from here, someone should get roasted.

no need to bat for more than 20 minutes

should be able to score 40 in T20 mode with the likes of Inglis et al in the side

I’d rather risk losing than being too safe and not winning

SA aren’t going to be a threat you wouldn’t think - so them getting points won’t really matter

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Redbacks are no chance of winning

Just put 2 out deep and our brain dead batsman will give them catching practice

Some teams you need to dangle the carrot of winning to keep them playing shots and taking risks, otherwise they shut up shop and you can't take wickets.

I don't think WA will need to do that with the Redbacks. We'll still nick up slashing at wide ones late on Day 4 when trying to block out for a draw. Stumpings and run outs are also on the cards.

WA may as well play us out of the game and after removing any glimmer of hope, slowly twist the knife and watch us capitulate.

I reckon Brad Davis may re-live that run out for a fair portion of the rest of his life. Don't know how many opportunities he'll get at first class level so I don't think he has the luxury of running himself out like that.

I reckon Brad Davis may re-live that run out for a fair portion of the rest of his life. Don't know how many opportunities he'll get at first class level so I don't think he has the luxury of running himself out like that.

Jeez that's ordinary.

I'm going to assume the Redbacks attempt to bat the day out without trying to score the runs?

Back