Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

200 behind still. Can’t believe we’re behind the 8 ball with these crabs twice now.
We've always had our troubles with them. Poor shots by Dean (needlessly hanging the bat out again) and White didn't really help. Think it may be a case of us needing to declare behind.

Short has turned himself into a pretty handy batsman, not a great deal of runs but averaging 40+.

Short has turned himself into a pretty handy batsman, not a great deal of runs but averaging 40+.
Was battling against Steketee there. Not a surprise he eventually fell to him. Now Gotch and Maddo need to get us to 350-odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Renshaw batting well, though not sure if pulling out the reverse sweep will endear him to selectors.

Renshaw batting well, though not sure if pulling out the reverse sweep will endear him to selectors.
People need to get over players playing the reverse sweep in test cricket.

People need to get over players playing the reverse sweep in test cricket.
Played it like three times in his innings of 47, which is excessive in my books. Esp for someone who's striving for national selection

Played it like three times in his innings of 47, which is excessive in my books. Esp for someone who's striving for national selection
Okay, 2 questions:

1. Did he go out to the reverse sweep? No, he went out to a traditional one.
2. How many runs did he get off the reverse sweep?

Playing a shot that old farts have deemed NOT A TEST SHOT because it's new and inventive doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate avenue for scoring runs. Khawaja used it very successfully in the UAE, how'd he go over there again?

Okay, 2 questions:

1. Did he go out to the reverse sweep? No, he went out to a traditional one.
2. How many runs did he get off the reverse sweep?

Playing a shot that old farts have deemed NOT A TEST SHOT because it's new and inventive doesn't mean it isn't a legitimate avenue for scoring runs. Khawaja used it very successfully in the UAE, how'd he go over there again?

Not to mention he played it to the right ball each time. Way outside off each time so pretty much zero risk, especially as there was no fielder at 45.

After watching these two innings I am pretty confident he’ll be back in the runs pretty soon. Looked pretty untroubled minus the poor shot selection to get out. The issue outside off stump he has earlier in the season doesn’t seem to be there anymore.

Not to mention he played it to the right ball each time. Way outside off each time so pretty much zero risk, especially as there was no fielder at 45.

After watching these two innings I am pretty confident he’ll be back in the runs pretty soon. Looked pretty untroubled minus the poor shot selection to get out. The issue outside off stump he has earlier in the season doesn’t seem to be there anymore.
I haven't been watching this innings, but this just confirms what I already suspected to be the case.

Back