Should the Coleman medal be more than just about the most goals kicked by a forward?

Who did you enjoy watching more this year, Curnow or Tex?

• Curnow

Votes: 89 78.8%
  • Tex

Votes: 24 21.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're going to drive this weird and unnecessary narrative, can you at least do your research properly?

You've added Keays to Adelaide's list and ignored Martin and Motlop for Carlton. If you had read the post you were replying to, I already stated that Crows had 7 players with 1+ goal average and Blues had 6.
I did the work for you, you ignored it, then repeated what I had already said, but inaccurately.

Most non-biased responses in here seem to think the exact same as the Blues fans. In fact, it seems that not even your own brethren agrees with you.
I'm glad Charlie won back to back, purely because of where he's come from with his injuries and how much footy he's missed, but it wouldn't have bothered my if Tex or somebody else won, as Charlie and Harry both have Colemans to their names already. If it HAD been Tex or somebody else who won, my response to this thread would still be exactly the same.

The Coleman winner is the player who kicks the most goals across the 23 game home and away season. In the event of a tie, both players win.
You can make valid arguments for tie breakers in multiple ways:
1. Player with the most points wins - they have contributed more scores to their team
2. Player with least points wins - they are a more accurate goal kicker, kicking the same number of goals from less scoring shots
3. Player with the higher average goals per game wins - Player A kicked 78 goals from 22 games (3.55 per game), Player B kicked 78 goals from 23 games (3.39 per game), so Player A wins

I see pros and cons in all of those, but it's not how the current system works and the current system isn't really broken.
I’m not actually driving a narrative, that’s just the drama queens on here chucking a big fuss out of a thread to pose some questions.

I don’t have any hate for Curnow by the way. I actually think he’s one of the best modern forwards we have currently and I look forward to seeing him kick some more bags. It just so happens that I genuinely believe this year Tex has some merit in laying claim to be the better forward than Curnow (footy-purist me thinking, not Crows-fan-bias me). And to ram home the point I’m not a bias Crows fan, I think Butters has been clearly the best player in the league this year, and I have a huge man-crush on JHF attack on the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not actually driving a narrative, that’s just the drama queens on here chucking a big fuss out of a thread to pose some questions.

I don’t have any hate for Curnow by the way. I actually think he’s one of the best modern forwards we have currently and I look forward to seeing him kick some more bags. It just so happens that I genuinely believe this year Tex has some merit in laying claim to be the better forward than Curnow (footy-purist me thinking, not Crows-fan-bias me). And to ram home the point I’m not a bias Crows fan, I think Butters has been clearly the best player in the league this year, and I have a huge man-crush on JHF attack on the footy.
Outside of goal average per game Curnow wins out in nearly every single other metric for a key forward so not sure how u came to that conclusion. What did Tex do to so amazingly that the stats didn't pick up on which made him the best KPF this year?

Tex may be a better forward (or not) but he didn't win the Coleman because he didn't top the goal scoring.

So that's the end of the story.

Guys, i have developed a new scientific algorithm to determine the Coleman medal that takes into account 112 factors including 'goals against the middle 6 teams on the ladder', 'metres gained from non free kick, non backwards disposals' and 'the vibe' to determine the Coleman medal.

It will be used to determine a field on 16 possible candidates each season who will then compete in a series of 9 squid game style challenges, until there are only 4 remaining, at which point a fan vote (via old school 'call this number... calls cost $1.50 per 30 seconds hotline) will reduce the field to two.

At that point the winner will be decided on either a coin flip or whoever scored the most boundaries in the 2019 cricket world cup, unless Kane Cornes doesn't like the outcome, in which case he can veto the result and give the award to Conor Rozee.

I think we all know it makes a lot more sense than the current system. 'Most goals'? What sort of mickey mouse competition rewards that?

NO!

OP has got a hard on for Tex. We love him and admire what he's been able to achieve after looking very cooked in 2020, but really, this is a stupid thread

Let's face it. Tex nearly nabbed the Coleman in spite of John Woo hugging his nuts all season.
The mere inconvenience should be worth at least another goal per game.

Back