Showdown XXXII - The most important Showdown for our club in 7 years

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon

Trengove or Carlile to Tippet

Then Chaplin to Walker

I agree with the ruck thats why its so key that the Port ruckman minimalise how much they lose by, but there is no way that Hartlett will just be used a a hole filling half back, Ebert and Dangerfield will be around the same amount of stoppages i would call him inside player before i say outside

It is good to see a coach put importance on the game once again though, Chocco, Blighty Bicks, Cahill and SAndo the coaches not to sometime in the past?

I have watched most of Port this year and hardly seen Ebert on the inside of many packs. And if he is more an inside player as you suggest he is a poor one given his Contested Possession and Clearance stats. To average 7.5 contested possies and 1.8 clearances a game is poor for an "inside" player.

Hartlett can't play in the middle. It was tried in the Sydney and Essendon games and failed. Was the loose man in the Saints game and set up most of your forward play. Primus tried to get him to be the free man in the Collingwood game, but Buckley would not allow that, but did allow Kornes to play on his own all day long.

I hope you guys do leave Tip one on one and Hartlett is not the loose man back there. But neither ill happen. There will be a loose man in front of Tip. Hopefully Walker, Porps etc take advantage. And our mids kick to these other options.

I see Van Berlo and Ebert being more similar than Dangerfield and Ebert, but that's just me. Don't think Ebert is quite as 'outside' as he was at West coast, and has benefited from the opportunity to get in and under more often. For discussion (read: bragging) purposes, Dangerfield and Thompson rank fifth and sixth in the league for contested possessions per game played, with 15.5cppg and 15.3cppg respectively. Ablett leads with nearly twenty, while Josh P.Kennedy, Matt Priddis and Jobe Watson are the others ahead.

I hope we play man-on-man against Port Power. We don't have a really effective lose man in defence. Reilly has been playing this role but burns the ball too much. Chaplin will hurt us a lot more.

We should win the clearances and then set up a press to keep the ball in our forward line (like the first quarter against GWS). It might be ugly but it will enable us to grind out a win.

It will also be good practice for the Sydney match since they will go man-on-man for the 211th match in a row.

I think this game lost its appeal when choco williams left the powa, i much rather beat a top 4 victorian side these days. Our club trying to pump it up into something it's not is just sort of sad.

Ebert and Dangerfield will be around the same amount of stoppages i would call him inside player before i say outside

Dangerfield almost doubles Ebert in the average contested possession stats. Their clearance numbers reflect an even bigger discrepency: average of 7.3 for Danger, 1.8 for Ebert.

On the other hand, Ebert outdoes Dangerfield when it comes to uncontested possessions and marks. He's also kicked more goals.

What does this suggest to you?

seagull03.jpg

Love the fact that Sando has put a higher price on this game and stated that he will be building the game up internally :thumbsu:

Win the midfield and win the game, that simple

Rushyt# reports in the powertiser today that Port have highlighted Showdowns mean more to SAs second side. Beating the Crows on Sunday could not be better timed.

Dangerfield almost doubles Ebert in the average contested possession stats. Their clearance numbers reflect an even bigger discrepency: average of 7.3 for Danger, 1.8 for Ebert.

On the other hand, Ebert outdoes Dangerfield when it comes to uncontested possessions and marks. He's also kicked more goals.

Ebert spends more time up forward

Also note that crows have 84 more contested possesions as a whole

But i will change my view that Ebert is an all round midfielder after rewatching the Essendon game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back