Roast Shut Up Sheedy you Old Fool

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, I reckon Sheeds is doing a **brilliant** job up here promoting the game and GWS and Collingwood.

Did you see the media event last week between Eddie and Sheeds? They are clearly just two blokes who are engaging in a little healthy banter to mutually promote their teams and promote the game in Western Sydney.

Sheeds could have chosen any team to pick on. Whilst many people here may not have heard of Collingwood, they have heard of Eddie Maguire, they do know he's part of the Melbourne establishment, so there's a bit of ready made rivalry there to build on. And Sheeds can rely on Eddie to play the game. And coming from Richmond in the 70's and Essendon thereafter, it'd be in Sheeds DNA to have a rivalry with Collingwood.

As I've said elsewhere, if a team truly had nefarious intentions on another team's players, would they really be stirring them up through the media? What would that achieve?

Nah, I reckon Sheeds is doing a **brilliant** job up here promoting the game and GWS and Collingwood.

Did you see the media event last week between Eddie and Sheeds? They are clearly just two blokes who are engaging in a little healthy banter to mutually promote their teams and promote the game in Western Sydney.

Sheeds could have chosen any team to pick on. Whilst many people here may not have heard of Collingwood, they have heard of Eddie Maguire, they do know he's part of the Melbourne establishment, so there's a bit of ready made rivalry there to build on. And Sheeds can rely on Eddie to play the game. And coming from Richmond in the 70's and Essendon thereafter, it'd be in Sheeds DNA to have a rivalry with Collingwood.

As I've said elsewhere, if a team truly had nefarious intentions on another team's players, would they really be stirring them up through the media? What would that achieve?

That's true... but he used to support Collingwood as a kid before he joined Richmond.

Just wondring, did Sheedy ever speak out about any of the players GWS were actually chasing in 2010/2011? I can't remember him saying anything apart from chasing Collingwood players and always being in the media for it. Don't forget in 2010 he said we had no A grade players and we couldn't win the premiership. Once again he's just getting GWS in the papers.

relax dave - this is who sheedy is. its his style and frankly its been a winning style for 3 decades. from where i sit the man is a legend and is simply using his position to do the job he was assigned to - promote GWS in every way possible, and if that includes creating a phoney war with collingwood (if sydney fans have heard of one victorian club, its collingwood) then so be it.

so ignore the words he uses, as they are just fluff. if the story you found in the HS also appears in the daily tele or any other media in sydney, he's doing his job. ;)

Agree

It definitely comes across as being staged, the so-called war between Sheedy and Eddie.

I wouldn't mind betting Eddie has brokered a deal, "You leave Collingwood players off your true hitlist, and I'll support GWS as much as I can...why don't we have a publicity war to promote your brand, as the first part of our support to your fledgling club."

Either way, I do think Sheedy is doing a good job for his club getting lots of publicity and building some sort of culture to kick start it off, so personally I can't get upset by anything he says or does, it's all very understandable.

I do think the AFL does need to get a bit more imaginative in their promotion of the Northern AFL clubs. For years we have put up with this shite from the likes of the Lions and Swans in the name of 'promotion of the code'. Bit tiresome really and lacking any sort of marketing skills.

Also, one thing from all this we can garner....Pendlebury is not the Pie player they are targetting...more likely to be Sidebottom or Reid by the looks.

Meh, it's all part of a publicity war, orchestrated by Eddie and Sheeds.

This can't be the first time this has been said. It's been obvious since the first war of words about the land of the falafel.

The only way this s**t stain of a club can get in the press is to involve the Pies. Eddie loves it cos our sponsors get exposure, best thing we can do is ignore it.

Sheedy will be gone in 12 months and we can all laugh at him then.

The only way this s**t stain of a club can get in the press is to involve the Pies. Eddie loves it cos our sponsors get exposure, best thing we can do is ignore it.

I'm a big fan of the "s**t stain of a club" because it means I get to watch our team play up here three times next season (including NAB cup).

It's also promoting the game and our team up here quite nicely.

IMO - the best thing we can do is engage in it. (Onya TD :thumbsu:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why all the hate for Sheedy? This fat **** helped us break our premiership drought in 1990.

We should thank hi for that.:eek:

Sheedy you're getting nada from us outside a home game this year and probably many years to come.

Can't believe people don't see what Sheeds is trying to do.GWS needs a rival, it needs supporters to hate another club and why not hate a premiership team with a huge supporter base.When Collingwood plays GWS up there, GWS are hoping all those loyal pie supporters will go along to the game to support their team and line GWS's pocket.Sheeds wants publicity, good or bad it doesn't matter.The best thing Collingwood supporters could do is 'boycott' the GWS game up there, and see the look on Sheeds face when he realises he and his club are nothing without Collingwood.

Can't believe people don't see what Sheeds is trying to do.GWS needs a rival, it needs supporters to hate another club and why not hate a premiership team with a huge supporter base.When Collingwood plays GWS up there, GWS are hoping all those loyal pie supporters will go along to the game to support their team and line GWS's pocket.Sheeds wants publicity, good or bad it doesn't matter.The best thing Collingwood supporters could do is 'boycott' the GWS game up there, and see the look on Sheeds face when he realises he and his club are nothing without Collingwood.

What about the State Rival in Sydney?

Yeah good job Ed on helping out the new club. Wouldn't be surprised if that was a deal they had in place :thumbsu:

I would be astounded if there was a deal in place... With our list of players coming out of contract, there is no way GWS would take a pass on them for the sake of a few headlines buried on page 7 of the sport section...

People need to stop taking this so personally - it is terrific publicity for GWS (which is what Sheeds needs to be doing, so well done to him), and it is also creating potentially an increase in Pendles market price so that GWS may shake loose some other Collingwood player. It feels like a little bit of misdirection from Sheeds.

Good on him. If I were a GWS supporter, I would love that he is doing this. Why are people getting so harsh on him or GWS?

Geez, this post was absolutely spot on UNTIL you suggested that supporters should boycott the GWS game to teach GWS a lesson... Let's not get too carried away - we certainly won't 'make or break' the new club...

The best thing Collingwood supporters could do is 'boycott' the GWS game up there, and see the look on Sheeds face when he realises he and his club are nothing without Collingwood.

WTF? Boycott watching my team play up here in Sydney?

Let me think about that ...

... um, no.

(Besides, the "look on Sheed's face" would be piss-in-his-pants laughter if the Collingwood supporters did that)

Agree

It definitely comes across as being staged, the so-called war between Sheedy and Eddie.

I wouldn't mind betting Eddie has brokered a deal, "You leave Collingwood players off your true hitlist, and I'll support GWS as much as I can...why don't we have a publicity war to promote your brand, as the first part of our support to your fledgling club."

Either way, I do think Sheedy is doing a good job for his club getting lots of publicity and building some sort of culture to kick start it off, so personally I can't get upset by anything he says or does, it's all very understandable.

If this is what you truely believe then he has you sucked in, Sheedy is old school nut job that lost him the Essendon gig years a go and will only keep him in the job for 1 year....

What about the State Rival in Sydney?

From memory there was a little bit of something with Sydney early days, I think GWS gatecrashed a Sydney NAB game or something. I think the real Sydney rivalry will come later, Sheeds now just trying to make his team relevant for now and I gotta say I think he's doing a great job. Just relax, trust Eddie and enjoy the show

It's a real shame that GWS isn't actually going to be coached by Sheedy. I mean they'll cop some epic floggings for sure but imagine if that fossil was dictating gameplan and such, they'd be lucky to get within 200 points of Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back