Signed Footy - Help needed

Remove this Banner Ad

Petrie4PM

Team Captain
Aug 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gday fellow north fans,

We just moved house and unpacking I found the roos ball I had signed in 2006. My (now) wife and I finished year 12 in november 2006, and decided to go to melbourne (instead of schoolies) and when we were they, I had the chance to go down to arden street and meet a few of the guys (had a chat to well and daniel harris).

Anyway, I got this ball signed and theres still 3 signatures I cannot work out.

I've spent at least a few hours going through the 2006 and 2007 list, players names and numbers and searching the signed afl cards or signed draft cards online. Some of the players that have signed the ball are brent harvey, drew petrie, michal firritto, ed lower, leigh harding, corey jones, Shannon watt, among a few others, but I just cannot work out these three - any chance you guys recognise these?

IMG_1966.JPG IMG_1967.JPG
IMG_1968.JPG

In 2006 number 4 was Daniel Harris, and 26 was Sav Rocca although I don't think thats the signature you are after.

PS. If thats an 8 at the end of the last image signature it would be Wells.

PPS If thats a T in the first image then its probably Troy Makepeace e.g. T M initials.

Last edited:

In 2006 number 4 was Daniel Harris, and 26 was Sav Rocca although I don't think thats the signature you are after.

PS. If thats an 8 at the end of the last image signature it would be Wells.

PPS If thats a T in the first image then its probably Troy Makepeace e.g. T M initials.
Wellsy's signature is usually very neat, from what I've seen - hang on, was judging by 2003 signature. just found a later, sloppier version and that could well be it.

Could the top one be H? HM1?

Thanks for the responses so far. The third photo its the one up the top right.

For the record, I have David hales on there already its not in these photos.

keep them coming, much appreciated.

The third one is definitely Wells.
The second one im fairly sure is Djaran Whyman. He wore number 44.
The top one im unsure. Its not Makepeace.

I'd compare it to the Wells signature on my jersey but the campaigner was selectively picking out chicks and occasionally kids (when the team managers told him) when I tried to get it signed.

I'm guessing the top one in Shannon Watt. Typically Watt, he signed the ball up side down!! Have a look at the pen markings and which line goes over which. Unless it's written right to left it can't be done that way. Turn it upside down and it makes sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm guessing the top one in Shannon Watt. Typically Watt, he signed the ball up side down!! Have a look at the pen markings and which line goes over which. Unless it's written right to left it can't be done that way. Turn it upside down and it makes sense.
ive got shannon watt on the ball, its not this photo, its already confirmed on another part of the ball

ive got shannon watt on the ball, its not this photo, its already confirmed on another part of the ball

Hamish Mcintosh?
upload_2016-12-7_9-29-1.png

main_2008_afl_select_champions_blue_foil_signature_fs-53_hamish_mcintosh.jpg

Sorry for the tardy response. Thanks to everyone who posted and helped piece a few puzzles together. I'm in the process of (as we just moved house over xmas) de-cluttering our home and wanted to see if anyone wanted to buy this off me? I don't know what it is worth and the sports memorabilia market is hard to find research on. Otherwise will list it on ebay. Don't worry, I've not converted to another team. GO THE ROOS!

Sorry for the tardy response. Thanks to everyone who posted and helped piece a few puzzles together. I'm in the process of (as we just moved house over xmas) de-cluttering our home and wanted to see if anyone wanted to buy this off me? I don't know what it is worth and the sports memorabilia market is hard to find research on. Otherwise will list it on ebay. Don't worry, I've not converted to another team. GO THE ROOS!
Unless someone from that team goes on to become Prime Minister/President, a modern day hero or a celebrity actor/singer you're better off booting it around Arden St the day we play Hawthorn in a praccy.

Hold out hope though. There was zero if any footballing ability in that squad so the chances of one of them doing greater things is quite high since they contributed f*** all to the NMFC

Good luck! :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back