Review Silence at the AO as Cats defeat PA by 12 points

Remove this Banner Ad

4 Points

and a REALLY REALLY hard pressure game.

Port threw everything at us a despite giving up a 34 point lead we are 14-4 and a top the ladder.

Stanley subbed at 1/2 time will be the biggest story for sure.

Close, Stengle, Selwood, Atkins. Guthrie, Stanley when playing all really good. Holmes. and SDK getting lessons in pressure footy.

Neale came on and in a game that hard held his own. Didnt star but competed

That was perhaps the hardest pressure game we have faced all year long for the longest period.

Atkins again in the last was a monster. Bews good too. Rohan pressure essential.

And we had to shuffle the deck with Stanley going off.

Lots of overall composure when in the face that kind of pressure has previously seen us lose.

We need to improve when the get a run on - but we didnt stop .

Fitness to run it out is a big factor too.

A great win

Stewy back next week too

Henry good too in his 100th. Tomma and Jezza good too.

Enjoy this win

GO Catters

Last edited:
At 3qtr time I swore out aloud 'Tom Atkins has been f***in s**t!' ....I think he heard me.

Tom Atkins. That is all.

Port were really good, super high pressure and they played the kind of game that was the blueprint to beating us over the last few years. To see our boys absorb the pressure and grind out the win on the enemy deck was really awesome to see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative is those bad quarters that can kill you in finals. Need to fix that.

But the fact that we took their punches and countered and won is a great sign.

Positives is atkins is insane and some of our younger players are really progressing.

Negative is the injury to stanley the player we can least afford to lose structurally. Need to rest him next week and get a look at ceglar (even though he might not be match fit yet).no risks with rhys.

Tom Atkins won that game

Stanley dominated the first half (still ended up second on HOs and STILL game leader for clearances), had all the momentum against us going into the last quarter and responded like a Great team does. Great result.
Atkins was brilliant in the last, Close, Stengle and Hawkins clutch in big moments.
I really like that SDK got beaten too, something to learn from and grow, looking at how pissed he was in some contests is going to be a good learning experience for him.
Still getting the result in tough games with all but no impact from Danger and Selwood can only be a good thing, although they still need to provide SOMETHING sometimes.

Pretty happy to go 4-0 without Stewy too, I certainly didn't pick it considering it was probably our toughest 4 weeks of the season.

Lid can go and get ****ed.

Port threw the kitchen sink at us. We took care of business without Stewart, a quiet Dangerwood and more youngsters stood up. The old Geelong loses that one. Drops the bundle at 3qtr time and goes down by 25.

This is really feeling like a different squad.
The old (2011) Geelong would have won - just like this new one 😯

Remove this Banner Ad

Back