Review Silence at the AO as Cats defeat PA by 12 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Ha! Some are still taking “medium term” like it’s not used as a term of absolute obfuscation by the club? Wowee.

Everything the club puts in HTs injury reports is obfuscation..ie he will follow a 'reconditioning program' without ever giving set timeframes.

That said in this case i reckon stanley will miss a few weeks

I dont know if it's been covered here or not, but I heard something a few days back froma reliable source, and I am drunk atm (hey, free beer in the QANTAS international lounge? Why not?)

The Dangerfield goal/Allir touched decision.

On gameday, the arc probably would have gone with 'umpires call' (Which was a point)
But upon further replay, they have determined in their opinion it was a goal. (It was HOURS AFTER the game they came to the conclusion.)

I dont know if it's been covered here or not, but I heard something a few days back froma reliable source, and I am drunk atm (hey, free beer in the QANTAS international lounge? Why not?)

On gameday, the arc probably would have gone with 'umpires call' (Which was a point)
But upon further replay, they have determined in their opinion it was a goal. (It was HOURS AFTER the game they came to the conclusion.)

Putting the result to one side, it's ridiculous that they haven't upgraded that to high definition, 4K, or whatever the hell they need to make the right decision (and faster).

That was a prime example of where motion blur makes it pretty tricky to be 100% sure in either case, so had it been umpire's call it would have been fair enough.

(As to why they didn't even ask for a look...?)

From the little I've heard, broadcasters don't want the expense of upgrading to better quality vision, but geez it makes the game look so unprofessional when you see this happen week in, week out (for every team).

Putting the result to one side, it's ridiculous that they haven't upgraded that to high definition, 4K, or whatever the hell they need to make the right decision (and faster).

That was a prime example of where motion blur makes it pretty tricky to be 100% sure in either case, so had it been umpire's call it would have been fair enough.

From the little I've heard, broadcasters don't want the expense of upgrading to better quality vision, but geez it makes the game look so unprofessional when you see this happen week in, week out (for every team).
4K doesn't solve motion blur, it solves fuzzy/blurred vision when you want to zoom in.

It's a higher frame rate that's needed for motion blur. When you run at 30fps, you end up with one frame that's not touching the ball in front of the line, and the next frame is touching the ball behind the line. Where as with 120fps, you have 3 frames in between that would show if the ball was touched first or not.

I'd take 1080p and 120fps before 4K and 30fps any day of the week.

4K doesn't solve motion blur, it solves fuzzy/blurred vision when you want to zoom in.

It's a higher frame rate that's needed for motion blur. When you run at 30fps, you end up with one frame that's not touching the ball in front of the line, and the next frame is touching the ball behind the line. Where as with 120fps, you have 3 frames in between that would show if the ball was touched first or not.

I'd take 1080p and 120fps before 4K and 30fps any day of the week.

I'm going to defer your technical expertise! But whatever is needed, surely it's feasible in this day and age?

I'm going to defer your technical expertise! But whatever is needed, surely it's feasible in this day and age?
The biggest issue is making sure you have a camera looking in the right direction (and focussed). The goal post cameras really should be better, but that depends if the tech can fit inside them.

You're never gonna perfect the touched off the boot (without having 1000 cameras at the ground)

The biggest issue is making sure you have a camera looking in the right direction (and focussed). The goal post cameras really should be better, but that depends if the tech can fit inside them.

You're never gonna perfect the touched off the boot (without having 1000 cameras at the ground)
A human being is still the most advanced technology the game has ever seen. Why do we keep trying to "correct" them?

Did they say why it wasn’t reviewed at the time?

Meh, still won

Nerds you can not take them anywhere lol

Last edited:

It wouldn’t be hard to install a few 360 degrees cameras …it was a joke that it wasn’t even looked at rather than the actual goal being missed

The goal umpire was behind the players so how the * did the umpire come to the conclusion that he could assess if it was a goal or a point

Disgraceful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back