Sky Bet Championship 16/17

Remove this Banner Ad

Very.

Going to be a tough game for us against Derby. Pontus is suspended, Taylor injured. That's two of our back 4 that have served us very well. Barkley is in ripping form at least.

Wood and Hernandez back however.
Cooper is in doubt too so Ayling may have to move over to CB to cover.

Big game against Preston. Be very happy with a point against a team that's playing well. If they play like they did against Arsenal we could be in for a loss.

That's the best we have played this season. Viera, Hernandez and Ayling were brilliant.

Can't believe Viera is only 18.
I think Viera may well be better than Lewis Cook, he's unbelievable. Made Will Hughes look second rate. Hernandez is far too good for this level and Ayling is player of the season so far IMO.

Doukara quietly having an excellent season. Is so strong on the wing.

Was very good again today
Agreed. He's quite technical for someone of his size. Very handy player for us.

Some interesting results. Huddersfield, Reading and Brighton from the top 6 all dropping points, gap from 6th to 7th out to 5 points

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everton sent defender Calum Connolly on loan to Wigan yesterday, went straight into the starting line up to play Burton Albion. Scored 2 headed goals from corners, won 2-0 & had the Wigan fans chanting his name at the end of the game. Some sort of debut!

Win for us but bruising and costly. Gayle hit his 20th goal for the season but went off with a hamstring injury. Hayden also a casualty and his replacement Anita then got subbed off after 10 mins. Ironically, an ex Mackem player scored the winner for us too. :p

Couple of big fixtures this week.

Derby vs Reading. Derby lose this and the gap to the top 6 potentially grows wider for them, a win and they're only 3 points behind Reading. Genuine 6-point game.

Brighton vs Wednesday. 2nd vs 6th. I'll expect Brighton to win, but will be hoping Wednesday do quietly. Want to make up ground on the top 2, and with Newcastle hosting Rotherham, this game seems more likely.

Brighton and Sheff Wed is definitely the one I'll be keeping an eye for (for the same reasons haha). It's the Friday game too I believe? So will have the eyes of the league watching I'm sure.

Derby and Reading will also be a big match in the playoff race too you'd think.

Shelvey's back for us thankfully. Was pretty dominant against Brum in the FA Cup yesterday - on Birmingham, read Zola is yet to win in his first 7 matches and that is now the worst start by any Birmingham manager since 1889.

Brighton and Sheff Wed is definitely the one I'll be keeping an eye for (for the same reasons haha). It's the Friday game too I believe? So will have the eyes of the league watching I'm sure.

Derby and Reading will also be a big match in the playoff race too you'd think.

Shelvey's back for us thankfully. Was pretty dominant against Brum in the FA Cup yesterday - on Birmingham, read Zola is yet to win in his first 7 matches and that is now the worst start by any Birmingham manager since 1889.

Correct is the Friday game.

For us I think Pontus has one more match of his suspension to serve, so I'd expect Ayling to continue at CB with Bartley, and Lewie Coyle to continue at RB.

Believe Charlie Taylor is good to go at LB, which is excellent because as solid as Beradi is, doesn't offer as much going forward

At this stage what does the Top 6 look like to our Championship followers?

upload_2017-1-20_13-45-41.png

I don't think Preston or Barnsley have the gas to push to top 6 (now watch Barnsley beat us this weekend). Beyond that, I can only really see Norwich making a run at it, but they're squad is horribly out of form and they've fallen away very quickly from their early season form.

View attachment 328849

I don't think Preston or Barnsley have the gas to push to top 6 (now watch Barnsley beat us this weekend). Beyond that, I can only really see Norwich making a run at it, but they're squad is horribly out of form and they've fallen away very quickly from their early season form.

Top 3 and Wednesday aside, it's fair game for the clubs outside the play offs to make a run for a spot. I think Reading and Huddersfield will run out of gas eventually, and Derby and Fulham don't convince me despite having PL quality players in their sides. As you said, Norwich have had a shocker of a season, but I back the side they have to make a run towards the top 6, and I also hold hope for Villa now that they have Bruce in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back