Certified Legendary Thread Sneaking in to the Grand Final............

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't be bothered reading the whole thread to check (so this has probably been said before) but a mate and I snuck into a grand final in the late 70's with 4 and 20 pie vendors passes. (Thanks dad and Hi Lozza!) We weren't early either. About 12:45 pm. Not a problem getting in. Entrance was in the member's stand. We stood behind the 5 0r 6 quaint rows of wooden benches (Are they still there?) and nobody questioned us all day. North lost is all I remember.

Last edited:

Go to Yarra Park, then time travel to 1788 or whenever, then physically move to where the centre square of the MCG will eventually be, then time travel to 1:30pm Saturday. Everyone will think the DeLorean is part of the retirees pre-game motorcade along with all the other cars and you'll have a seat waiting for you next to a retiring Jed Adcock.

Last edited:
The only way is to know someone working the gate.
Have two or three valid tickets that you and your mates scan into the ground with. Then whoever is outside waiting you go and fetch by exiting at said mates gate and exiting with two scanned out tickets.
Go find your friend and bring them in.

That or befriend the dodgiest or most casual looking security bloke working the gate and offer him coin to look away.

I'm from Adelaide what does a mcg pass out look like pretty handy with Photoshop and work at a printing place my mates a doggies supporter we need to try

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a guy who posted a video on youtube of himself sneaking into the Superbowl years ago. He used a sneaky little camera on his hat I think.

Would be awesome if someone did something similar for the Grand Final.

image.jpeg

2011 me and 2 mates went to the game. 1 of there tickets fell through which he was suppose to pick up at the game.

We were walking around thinking of ideas when we saw a MCG worker surrounded by about 10 blokes. We went over to see what was going on and they explained it was on there dads and for $50 he would get you in. My mate paid and he said stand near the pass out gate (2 hours before the game was locked up)

Anyway a big crowd was there and the MCG worker came up casually and took the padlock off and quickly walked off . We were just going through with our legitimate tickets and people pushed the gate open and around 100 people sprinted through. Was an amazing site. The gate was open for at least a minute until security finally game over and closed it. So many people got through. The standing room was so packed for good reason in that area!

This thread's top value, it's as much a part of the buildup to the game as the GF marathon.

If I understand correctly, the best way to sneak in is to have camped out in the toliets since the prelim in a paramedic costume with a collection of all of the different passouts used in 2009 and a box of firecrackers, then go back outside via the secret tunnel, walk backwards up to the turnstile manned by the youngest kid I can see - but make it look like I'm walking forwards out through said turnstile - with a scanned copy of someone's ticket they uploaded to facebook, and time my run so that my ticket is scanned at the precise moment the clock shows 13:13:13 and the police are walking past handing tickets confiscated from scalpers to the salvos and then change into a footy record seller's uniform once on the inside, lighting the firecrackers while doing so.

Too easy.

This thread's top value, it's as much a part of the buildup to the game as the GF marathon.

If I understand correctly, the best way to sneak in is to have camped out in the toliets since the prelim in a paramedic costume with a collection of all of the different passouts used in 2009 and a box of firecrackers, then go back outside via the secret tunnel, walk backwards up to the turnstile manned by the youngest kid I can see - but make it look like I'm walking forwards out through said turnstile - with a scanned copy of someone's ticket they uploaded to facebook, and time my run so that my ticket is scanned at the precise moment the clock shows 13:13:13 and the police are walking past handing tickets confiscated from scalpers to the salvos and then change into a footy record seller's uniform once on the inside, lighting the firecrackers while doing so.

Too easy.

agree... piece of p*ss

Yeah it's pretty easy if you put some effort into it.

This worked at the 2015 World Cup Final. Maybe this will work for AFL Grand Final.

Step 1: Find two people going to the GF with tickets
Step 2: Find someone willing to lend you their small child (3-5yo)
Step 3: Carry the child in with the two legit tickets
Step 4: One adult stays in but takes the child and scans out both tickets.

Repeat process.

This doesnt work for MCC members as all kids under 6 are now required to get their free tickets from the gate before entry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back