Sponsorship News - Optus signs on for 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you thank you thank you. I've yelled at the TV more than once about Port's teal being anything but teal. No wonder they don't use real teal. It's such a s**t colour for a footy strip.

I always took the way they sing it in the song that they made up a colour of 'silver-teal' to excuse not calling it by the right name of aqua. Either way, they have it wrong.

Right, let's settle this once and for all.

Port's "teal" = #00a3b2:
View attachment 616335

Optus "teal" = 00afb4:
View attachment 616337

Actual teal = 008080":
View attachment 616338

And to round it out, the original image on which above were based, from the interwebz:
View attachment 616339

Make of this what you will. Presented in the interests of clarity and rational discussion :)

Someone is bored at work!

For clarity I took the port teal colouring off their logo on their website which should be the right colour.

Surely this is just Rucci being his normal tosspot self. Anything to derail what has been a almost flawless preseason.

Great appointment, hopefully leads to decent wifi at the Adelaide Oval!
Also, noticed ‘19’ getting another run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m hoping the 19 is just because the sponsorship is starting in 2019. West Coast did the same, as have other clubs in the past.

BFB052D4-8A41-4473-BFCC-0E47F037CC8B.jpeg

Great appointment, hopefully leads to decent wifi at the Adelaide Oval!
Also, noticed ‘19’ getting another run

They never completely got rid of the 19th man, just stopped pushing it. We still don't have a player wearing 19 so it makes sense to use it in stuff like this, especially since it is '19.

They never completely got rid of the 19th man, just stopped pushing it. We still don't have a player wearing 19 so it makes sense to use it in stuff like this, especially since it is '19.

Jackson Edwards had 19 last season, so the 19th man concept is dead.

The 19 in the guernseys is purely to reflect 2019

I’m hoping the 19 is just because the sponsorship is starting in 2019. West Coast did the same, as have other clubs in the past.

View attachment 616644

Jackson Edwards had 19 last season, so the 19th man concept is dead.

The 19 in the guernseys is purely to reflect 2019

Oh good, only questioning it as we’ve had history with the number 19

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West End is no longer avaliable at AO its now Furphy's
Yes, I drank mainly Furphys during the cricket season & there were a few other options too in the members.

Beats a couple of years ago when I drank no beer in protest to the rubbish options they had.

Yes, I drank mainly Furphys during the cricket season & there were a few other options too in the members.

Beats a couple of years ago when I drank no beer in protest to the rubbish options they had.
I think I’ll be drinking ‘no beer’ this year at AO out of principle. What they are charging is extortion and is only going to lead to harder liquor being ‘smuggled ‘ in.

I think I’ll be drinking ‘no beer’ this year at AO out of principle. What they are charging is extortion and is only going to lead to harder liquor being ‘smuggled ‘ in.
Yes, the prices are outrageous.

The AFL subsidise catering prices at the Victorian venues but have not bothered about non-Victorian venues. Thanks Gil.

Yes, the prices are outrageous.

The AFL subsidise catering prices at the Victorian venues but have not bothered about non-Victorian venues. Thanks Gil.

I thought they own the catering company for victorian venues whereas the SMA owns the Adelaide oval catering company.

I thought they own the catering company for victorian venues whereas the SMA owns the Adelaide oval catering company.
Don't believe the AFL own the catering company, but one of them had financial interests in the company. May have been Vlad or Ian Collins, but I can't recall exactly.

Edit- Epicure who are part of the Spotless group.

Last edited:
Don't believe the AFL own the catering company, but one of them had financial interests in the company. May have been Vlad or Ian Collins, but I can't recall exactly.

Either way if it's the same company that does all games in Vic, catering for 4-5 matches every week vs catering for 1 probably allows for reduced costs so the same large profits can be made per item while selling cheaper food.

Either way if it's the same company that does all games in Vic, catering for 4-5 matches every week vs catering for 1 probably allows for reduced costs so the same large profits can be made per item while selling cheaper food.
Gil on behalf of Victorian fans negotiated reduced prices so why didn't he do the same for non-Victorian fans?

Gil on behalf of Victorian fans negotiated reduced prices so why didn't he do the same for non-Victorian fans?

Might depend on what power he has, if the AFL has the ability to choose which company caters the matches in Victoria or even just at Docklands then he has power to make a deal with them, if the SMA chooses who caters Adelaide Oval then Gil would have little power to negotiate with the caterer.

Well, certainly not Port Adelaide Power supporters. Theirs being the best showtime razzamatazz organic singsong pre-match entertainment ever...and their football's rubbish.
You can’t blame them when they play slow boring football and then get rid of their quick exciting footballers.

I’ve already stopped buying anything at the ground. Why pay $5.80 for a bottle of water at the ground when you can buy 2 for $5 at the convenience store on North Tce.

Perhaps the so-called ‘Fans Association’ could lobby for lower food and beverage costs at ground, but they’re too busy getting their knickers in a knot over the Crows membership figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back