Sponsorship News - Optus signs on for 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, certainly not Port Adelaide Power supporters. Theirs being the best showtime razzamatazz organic singsong pre-match entertainment ever...and their football's rubbish.

In a perfect world, Power bandwagon supporters would love to go to their pregame entertainment and then watch the Crows play a great brand of footy next.

I’ve already stopped buying anything at the ground. Why pay $5.80 for a bottle of water at the ground when you can buy 2 for $5 at the convenience store on North Tce.

Perhaps the so-called ‘Fans Association’ could lobby for lower food and beverage costs at ground, but they’re too busy getting their knickers in a knot over the Crows membership figures.

I havent paid for food and drink for years at AO as when I go I usually go corporate, but charging $5.80 for water is bordering on criminal esp for those with the least amount of money paying the most expensive of prices.

Its extortion.

I havent paid for food and drink for years at AO as when I go I usually go corporate, but charging $5.80 for water is bordering on criminal esp for those with the least amount of money paying the most expensive of prices.

Its extortion.
Owning a $100m business does have its perks ;)

:D

I'm hoping that this new sponsorship plus my Crows membership somehow let's me watch English Premier League matches without having to switch providers

Its ironic that the year that Liverpool potentially winning the title, we cant watch it on Foxtel.

Liverpool's title drought is worse than the Crows.

I think I’ll be drinking ‘no beer’ this year at AO out of principle. What they are charging is extortion and is only going to lead to harder liquor being ‘smuggled ‘ in.

Maybe a Coffee thermos would be a good add on for our membership pack next year?

Might depend on what power he has, if the AFL has the ability to choose which company caters the matches in Victoria or even just at Docklands then he has power to make a deal with them, if the SMA chooses who caters Adelaide Oval then Gil would have little power to negotiate with the caterer.
Nothing to do with power, but all to do with Vic centric AFL.

Its extortion.

At Footy Park, you could at least go across the road to Maccas/HJ's. I used to get a pass out at half time.

These days, loading up on food and booze before the game is the way to go.

At Footy Park, you could at least go across the road to Maccas/HJ's. I used to get a pass out at half time.

These days, loading up on food and booze before the game is the way to go.

Glory be, I forgot that pregame ritual I had with my mate of Maccas before the game as a kid.

I agree with the "food/drink loading up" before the game for those in the outer. No way Im paying $5.80 for Mt Franklin water ffs.

Can you take water to a game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The Alberton Crowd' (some feral, oops, sorry, active, fan group on Facebook) is now extending the tin foil hat theories to Channel 9 journo Tom Angley.

Their argument is because he's a Crows supporter, and has Tweeted his support of the Crows, he's an unprofessional journo and has an agenda against Port.

No wonder silver is one of the club colours - makes it easier to make the tin foil hats.

'The Alberton Crowd' (some feral, oops, sorry, active, fan group on Facebook) is now extending the tin foil hat theories to Channel 9 journo Tom Angley.

Their argument is because he's a Crows supporter, and has Tweeted his support of the Crows, he's an unprofessional journo and has an agenda against Port.

No wonder silver is one of the club colours - makes it easier to make the tin foil hats.

The current Premier, and the one before him, and the current Opposition Leader, are all die-hard Port fans.

#conspiracy

Might depend on what power he has, if the AFL has the ability to choose which company caters the matches in Victoria or even just at Docklands then he has power to make a deal with them, if the SMA chooses who caters Adelaide Oval then Gil would have little power to negotiate with the caterer.

It was done purely to increase the crowds attending Victorian games. They had been surveyed as there was a huge drop-off in crowd attendance in Vic for the past couple of years, consistently trending downwards. The results were about the price of food and drink. So the AFL got the Vic food and drink reduced to entice the crowds back. Our problem is that we turn up, even if we don't like the food and drink prices, so there isn't the drop off.

It was done purely to increase the crowds attending Victorian games. They had been surveyed as there was a huge drop-off in crowd attendance in Vic for the past couple of years, consistently trending downwards. The results were about the price of food and drink. So the AFL got the Vic food and drink reduced to entice the crowds back. Our problem is that we turn up, even if we don't like the food and drink prices, so there isn't the drop off.

Yeah I get the reason for it, I just meant in order for Gil to be able to tell a company to reduce their profit margins he needs to have power to make them do it. Most likely using Docklands stadium and telling them to reduce their prices at all games or lose the docklands contract. That's not something he could do to the company that caters Adelaide Oval unless he has power to choose another catering company to replace them. If the SMA is in control of the catering at Adelaide Oval, Gil can tell them to reduce their profits but they would tell him where to go.

You can take any food or drink except alcohol or drinks in metal or glass (can't self cater in corporate facilities though). Also all the bars have free tap water, I normally take a bottle and fill it up there.
Yes, the free water at the cricket was great. Not paying for water.

I wonder what's the most objectionable conduct that can't be excused by being a Port sponsor or player is?

This suggestion that people with a slight link to Port are immune from criticism is perverse .

Standby for MediaWatch to be denounced as an AFC puppet and enemy of the people.

When Fagan is able to control the Sunday Times in the UK (not a joke, check out OneGreatClub's latest post in their "The media" thread), getting MediaWatch to run fake news about Port Adelaide and associates is child's play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back