List Mgmt. Stewart, Fogarty, Constable and O’Connor re-sign

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw O’Connor in the VFL a couple of weeks back. He’s comfortable at that level. Definitely worth persisting with.
I agree. Im no big fan of him at afl level, but he shows promise and you have to remember he has barely played much australian rules. It will take time but the tools are there. Just needs to learn more.

I saw O’Connor in the VFL a couple of weeks back. He’s comfortable at that level. Definitely worth persisting with.
End of 2019 would be the end of the three years he can spend on the Cat-B rookie list, as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll be pretty filthy if we lose Kelly, he’s a very good player with precision kicking that our midfield sadly lack.

Yes I know we need a Ruckman but I hope it’s not at the expense of losing Kelly
It's not just his precision kicking.
His first instinct when he moves forward with the ball is to carry it in a straight line towards the goals, even if it means a bit of weaving, and even if heading around the boundary would be easier and safer.

I’ll be pretty filthy if we lose Kelly, he’s a very good player with precision kicking that our midfield sadly lack.

Yes I know we need a Ruckman but I hope it’s not at the expense of losing Kelly
But we could trade him for Nathan Vardy!

Would be interesting to know how much they had to jack up Stewart’s contract - I’m guessing at least double - at least in 300k’s, possibly change the 3 to a 4, counting incentives. Still early in his career but has potential somewhere in the region of Enright and Bruce Doull - would have been some strong interest from other teams.

Good move on the others. Massive nod to Constable’s ability, getting an extension even before he has played a single AFL game.

Last edited:
Man he was hyped up pre draft...I can see why he slid so low for us to draft him now

My brain is rusty but it was a weak year for rucks and he was either the best or top 2 despite being very under size. Too under size to be an AFL ruck at the time so everyone passed.

Happy with our re-signings and sure Tom Stewart has a great contact. Congrats to him and Scarlo

Would be interesting to know how much they had to jack up Stewart’s contract - I’m guessing at least double - at least in 300k’s, possibly change the 3 to a 4, counting incentives. Still early in his career but has potential somewhere in the region of Enright and Bruce Doull - would have been some strong interest from other teams.

Good move on the others. Massive nod to Constable’s ability, getting an extension even before he has played a single AFL game.
Yeah stewart has signed on for a massive increase otherwise he would've held out until the end of the year with him currently looking an AA smokey at the moment. Deserves every cent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back