Mega Thread Support and best wishes from opposition supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. "

The fate of the world rests in your hands Geelong.

Ditto on the above :thumbsu:

On another matter, I am debating by how much I would very much like for Geelong to win this Grand Final. Unfortunately I am told the weather is not going to be all that good, so my hope for a right royal smashing (& perhaps ridding Port of that horrible record) has somewhat diminished.

So I am now left with the wish to see a tight match and that you beat them with the last kick of the day. That should appease me greatly.

Truthfully, just wishing you guys all the best. Please cats, please do it for the rest of the competition, we just cannot deal with any more Collingwood arrogance :rolleyes:

From a Collingwood supporter...

G'day guys, thought I'd pop in and wish you all the best for tomorrow. I hope tomorrow's game is an absolute cracker, and goes down in history as one of the best Grand Finals. The two best side's of 2011 are there, and the champions will be deserving. Good luck again Cats fans! :thumbsu:

Devour 'em!

black-cat-and-magpie1.jpg

Best wishes. Watching the match live on ESPN2.

You will so rarely see me say this, but GO CATS!! It is odd to watch and get a different perspective of the Cats, ie what it is like to be supporting them, not fiecely opposing.

Really hope that poster doesn't affect the result. Great game anyway.

Great game today by your boys!!!
Was cheering for them all the way.
Outstanding performance from some of your underrated players and you should all be very proud!

Great win by your team. Very envious of all of you right now, and hope one day I too can feel what you're all feeling right now.
And Shaneo48, hope you have a great night out, soak it all up and get blind rotten pissed!:thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that things are back to normal, I want to congratulate you guys once more not only for this year, but you've been amazing from 2007-2011. I now truly believe you have officially overtaken the Brisbane Lions of 2001-2004. It's been an incredible journey for your club these past 5 years, and I am envious of your success. 3 out of 5.... DAMN!!!

I hope the Saints have at least one more real chance at the flag in 2012, so that we can continue our good rivalry, and try to capitalize on the youthful potential we had back in 2004.

I am being brutally honest with this post, and I want to close off by saying one last thing.

I hate the Geelong Football Club, but I have so much respect for it now. You've well and truly earned it from the Football community in general, but you have my respect as well now. This is your time and you really should enjoy it while it lasts, because people like me will most likely never feel it. I don't feel complete without a St. Kilda premiership...

Thanks for making my 81 year old , lifelong Cats supporting, dad a very, very happy fella. An amazing team, playing wonderful football, salute.

Absolute amazing you guys! Always follow Geelong closely thanks to my Dad being a very keen Cats man who, along side with my step-Mum have been making their best attempts to convert me to a full time Cats man. They even flew me down to Geelong for a week and have to say, love your town, love the people. Kardinia Park is awesome, had a beer at the social club.

Since 2007, I've always sided with Geelong come grand final day and am so very happy for all you guys. As soon as the final siren sounded, rang me Dad who was crying tears of joy down in Geelong. Meanwhile, I was here at a AFL friendly pub in Brisbane and there was only 1 or 2 Pies fans. The rest of us were loving the Cats and booing the crap out of Eddie McGuire that day :D

Congratulation Cats! Simply put, the greatest team I've seen (Yes, I rate them higher than the 3 in a row Lions)

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you ... a million times thank you!

I am sooooo bloody happy for you guys for 1 simple reason.

Cats supporters are the best supporters when it comes to winning (even better than the Blues!). Your magnificent team has made it possible to not have to listen to a bunch of ill informed ferals for the next 12 months. Imagine if they went back to back (shudders with horror!)

You guys are seriously all class ... your team plays the type of footy that brings justice to the sport we all love.

There is a reason why you are everyone's second team ... YOU ROCK!

Thank you once again and enjoy the success you so richly deserve!

Posted this is your autopsy thread but this is possibly a better place for it.

Just wanted to pass on my congratulations to you guys.

A terrific team that I have the utmost respect for. I love our rivalry but respect, rather than hate, your team. Your team are the epitomy of a great team and deserve all the accolades heaped upon them.

As much as I am sick of losing to you, it's hard to have anything but admiration for the way Geelong plays footy. Not only are they are credit to themselves, but I thank them for making ensuring football was a pleasure to watch again after the snore fests of the mid 2000s.

Well done and congrats.

Edit - And thank you to my favourite non-Hawk for helping me cash on the Norm Smith. That guy's a champ!

I've worked at the MCG as an attendant for over 20yrs and have just marvelled at the Cats over the past 5 or so years. Easily the best team 'on the eye' I have ever seen and just love watching you guys play football - the way it should be played, with plenty of skill, hardness and class. An awesome team who deserve the rewards they're getting.
It's great having a successfull run like this. You can always think back to the good old days (the 90's for North fans) when times get a bit tough and just console yourself with having seen your side have an era such as this. Most other fans can't.
Most years I get down to Geelong when North play there and it's my favourte h/a game of the year. Really enjoy the old school atmosphere but not the beatings we've been copping lately.

Thank you for saving us from Eddie but most of all thank you for a great comeback and a wonderful game, fabulous team footy from the Cats with amazing individual acts of brilliance, not 'instead of'. 18 points down, yet as they used to say over here about Port back in SANFL glory days "too old, too slow & too good".

Also I can't say I've listened to much that Ling has had to say over the years but listening to him with a mic in his hands through the various post game celebrations I reckon he could do a much better job in the media than most of the current bozos.

Play the game as it should be played.

Utmost respect for the Geelong footy team.

And what a goal by Varcoe at the beginning of the final term. He ran 180m to get on the end of that ball. The effort epitomised the club. Brilliant.

Also great to see Hawkins come of age. Always had faith in the boy, having known his father and uncle. It's almost as though overnight he finally realised he's 6ft 6" and 110kg. Great to see him use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back