Premiership Player
Suspended
Oct 21, 2009
Lucas Leiva's right foot
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
SD, Liverpool, Patriots, SA Spurs
I'd like to get one of these running on the Swans board, as I think they are a brilliant idea.

If you are unaware of how it works here is something that explains it from the Adelaide Board.

Aim: Acquire the best overall team for 2011. Skill, structure, 2011 form and fitness will be the main criteria for assessment. Note that a player's worth will be assessed solely on their form in 2011, not what they were worth last year or 5 years down the track: for example Swallow will be Rising Star quality, not Brownlow and Wells won't be worth anything if he is injured all year again. Player assessments will therefore be speculative.

Method: All players currently on AFL lists and those nominated in National and Pre-Season Drafts will be available. The teams are complete fantasy, so there's no concern over personalities or loyalties. The draft will reverse its sequence every second round:

First Round: Poster x, poster y ... poster z, poster a
Second Round: poster a, poster z ... etc etc

24 hours maximum allowed for each pick, otherwise you will be passed. Picks that have Pass may be filled in at any time from the remaining available players.

Ok so I'll take the first 15 or so people to bags a team and I will then do a random draw or a mod if you guys don't trust me! With a while until the season starts I am confident we can race through the rounds quick enough. I think Squads of 25 is but I am open for suggestion to that.

Ok so grab a team quick!

Participants

Team 1: Indieswan - Name to be determined
Team 2: Swans120 - Name to be determined
Team 3: swanton - Name to be determined
Team 4: Riders of Rohan - Name to be determined
Team 5: Stat Machine - Name to be determined
Team 6: scaryness - Name to be determined
Team 7: SwanSational Syd - Name to be determined
Team 8: AUSSIE GUN - Name to be determined
Team 9: swansfan51 - Name to be determined
Team 10: thebrett - Name to be determined
Team 11: Crackers27 - Name to be determined
Team 12: bonzaburgers - Name to be determined
Team 13: ausE Bloke
Team 14:

If there is interest we will make more.

DRAFT ORDER!

Round 1

Pick 1 - swanton
Pick 2 - Stat Machine
Pick 3 - SwanSational Syd
Pick 4 - bonzaburgers
Pick 5 - AUSSIE GUN
Pick 6 - ausE Bloke
Pick 7 - Crackers27
Pick 8 - swansfan51
Pick 9 - thebrett
Pick 10 - Swans120
Pick 11 - Riders of Rohan
Pick 12 - scaryness
Pick 13 - Indieswan
PIck 14 - Strauchanie59

Round 2

Pick 15 - Strauchanie59
Pick 16 - Indieswan
Pick 17 - scaryness
Pick 18 - Riders of Rohan
Pick 19 - Swans120
Pick 20 - thebrett
Pick 21 - swansfan51
Pick 22 - Crackers27
Pick 23 - ausE Bloke
Pick 24 - AUSSIE GUN
Pick 25 - bonzaburgers
Pick 26 - SwanSational Syd
Pick 27 - Stat Machine
Pick 28 - swanton
THREAD NOW ONLY FOR PICKS!

• Banned
DRAFT ORDER and Players Drafted

Round 1

Pick 1 - swanton - Brendan Goddard (St Kilda)
Pick 2 - Stat Machine - Gary Ablett jnr. (Gold Coast)
Pick 3 - SwanSational Syd - Dane Swan (Collingwood)
Pick 4 - bonzaburgers - Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle)
Pick 5 - AUSSIE GUN - Lance Franklin (Hawthorn)
Pick 6 - Aus eBloke - Luke Hodge (Hawthorn)
Pick 7 - Crackers27 - Nick Riewoldt. (St Kilda)
Pick 8 - swansfan51 - Joel Selwood (Geelong)
Pick 9 - thebrett - Adam Goodes (Sydney)
Pick 10 - Swans120 - Chris Judd (Carlton)
Pick 11 - Riders of Rohan - Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle)
Pick 12 - scaryness -
Pick 13 - Indieswan -
Pick 14 - Strauchanie59

Round 2

Pick 15 - Strauchanie59
Pick 16 - Indieswan -
Pick 17 - scaryness -
Pick 18 - Riders of Rohan -
Pick 19 - Swans120 -
Pick 20 - thebrett -
Pick 21 - swansfan51 -
Pick 22 - Crackers27 -
Pick 23 - Aus eBloke -
Pick 24 - AUSSIE GUN -
Pick 25 - bonzaburgers -
Pick 26 - SwanSational Syd -
Pick 27 - Stat Machine -
Pick 28 - swanton -

Not entirely sure how this will work, but I'll give it a go.

I think it's players on any AFL list but yeh we need to know how the players will be scored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how do we choose a draft order for the first round? Could be the vital difference between a Gary Ablett/Dane Swan and... I dunno, Joel Selwood? Who's still a great player but not in the same class.

Like I said in the OP the Draft order will be made using a random generator. And whoever get's the last pick in the first round, gets the first pick in the second round.

It is for all players in the AFL, not just Sydney. Squads of 25 will be picked by the entrants and you must pick players relevant to their positions. E.G you can't put someone like McGlynn at CHB. You could put him in the midfield, centre, pocket, HFF or Bench.

It is judged on how each players goes in the season 2011 so if one of your players gets injured. Tough luck. One system could be to give each players season a rating out of 10 and add up your entire 22's score and get a score out of 220. Open to suggestion for this.

Also an IndieBet Market will be drawn up for this competition.

Hot favourite will be AUSSIE GUN followed by Grimlock. Yes, this means I expect them to enter.:p

Im in...hmmm, pick 9, what to do

Actually it's not guarenteed you'll have Pick 9, I will make a random order through a generator once spots are finalised.

I am expecting CAS and Grimlock to enter as well so there are only 3 spots left!

I am setting the deadline for entries at 5:00 EDT tomorrow. We have enough people now so you have to hurry before the last 2 spots are gone. Regardless of whether we get 14 we will roll on.

I will release the draft order around then and hopefully we can get 20 or so picks done by tomorrow night.

Try and be on tomorrow. You need to be active while the draft process is in place. We will not be waiting any more than 24 hours after the last pick and if you are not online PM somebody your preferences who does not have a pick before you.

EDIT: And try and come up with a team name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back