Autopsy Sydney vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

hes not in the team to do the "hard stuff" we have other blokes for that, Hes a pure outside player like gaff at the eagles. Isnt in the team for his defensive pressure first and foremost. I have no problems with his low tackle count Runs harder than almost everyone in the team which is just as tough as laying a few tackles. I mean cunningham has lead our tackle count a few games this year and hes far from being the hardest bloke around

If he could kick would be a star. His decision making can be a bit shaky but that might be born out of the fact that a lot of the time with this team there is not a ******* option to deliver to. Be that they are bludging and not working hard enough to be an option or the structures of this gameplan ? Don't know anymore has me ******:rolleyes:

Shows how good a game Sinkers actually played up to 3rd qtr time IMO. Don't think he deserves the critism he's copped. Just needs to bloody mark the thing & increase his tank & I think he'll be able to lock down that 2nd ruck spot behind Naisy.

I don't think he can improve this. The most consistent thing in his game is that he is going to drop the mark. Even his mark in the 50 was a double grabber.

Reid - needs out of the ruck.
Buddy - ffs get out of the midfield.
AA - plays no matter what.
Melican - plays no matter what.

Everyone - have a run and take the game on. You have nothing to lose from here on.

Gets the mids together and go back to basics.
We tackle
We pressure
We play like f***ing Swans.

I question s**t on gameplan, structures and selection on the Swans every week of every season we play but most of the time I end up questioning myself asking What the **** would I know when it comes to AFL Level coaching and its theories and more so what the **** would I know about Longmire's methods ? To be honest
**** All !!! However I am now convinced thanks to Roos commentary yesterday on how Franklin is being played is that along with most Swans supporters I am 1 million % right that Longmire has his head in his arse when it comes to the best way to take advantage of the best ******* forward this game has seen in a long time. Complete BS.

Heeney: 'It's dead quiet'

Not good signs...

"The first game I came back, it (was) really weird - compared to last year, it's dead quiet," Heeney told the Game Day program.

"We had a good start last week and then, just dead quiet.

"It's surprising and a bit of a weird vibe at the moment, but we just need that confidence back, play our normal brand of footy."

If you're not improving your going backwards. So, on the evidence of the first 6 rounds, which players have actually improved on their performances from last year? It's hard to say, maybe...
-Zac Jones
-Jake Lloyd
-Harry Marsh
-Sam Reid (although not hard to improve from 0 games)

Two of those guys are just solid role player types, nothing against them personally.... they're clearly best 22...but, although they'll contribute to games by just doing their roles, they're not blokes who will make massive differences on results of games.

Who's playing at the same level?
Probably only Josh Kennedy - numbers are slightly down though because he has less support than usual. Maybe Buddy could be there, he's not playing that great himself but supply is one of his biggest issues rather than though fault of his own.

As much as the game-plan is clearly a issue, and has probably held us back from snagging a win. There's not much we can do when roughly only about 5-6 guys are playing to or above the standards they've set for themselves. After hearing the 'lack of talk' comments made by Heeney/Hanners, something is definitely off.

Now do you believe the rumours of discontent may have substance

I didn't say the rumours of discontent didn't have any substance, I just said they weren't the only reason why we weren't playing well.

I didn't say the rumours of discontent didn't have any substance, I just said they weren't the only reason why we weren't playing well.

Theres no only reason. But disharmony in a club is a cancer

Theres no only reason. But disharmony in a club is a cancer

Do you have any evidence for that apart from the rumoured stoush in the rooms after the GF?

Last edited:
Do you have any evidence for that apart from the rumoured stoush in the rooms after the GF?

Watching them play, doesnt look like a team to me.

I hear whispers, but nothing concrete id post on here

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the Ressies play and win , with a team full of academy players and how they perform with Shaw as coach he does a fantastic job considering he does not get the same players all the time . To me he is coaching the way he played l could be wrong .
Watch the Seniors they all just seem lost , quite often a player will get the ball start to run forward look up and not a forward there to me have been kick chasing ( happy to be corrected if wrong).
As Wolftone said the game is changing so much with the rules , l get frustrated watching where one team gets a free kick then when happens again is called play on . Like others getting close to not watching anymore .
One possible way to get umps more consistent is put in groups which play together every week only change if 1 injured or going really bad , and then maybe all in the group may get consistent in the rules .

More like melt of the year.
"Worst side since 1993"..."See you next year".

Sorry but as far as effort goes they are the worst since '93. As I said the '93 team had an excuse, we were in a total rebuild, this team doesn't. See you next year was about expectations of making finals. We won't be there so 'see you next year'. I follow the Swans no matter what but I won't see them play finals this year. This team is psychologically and spiritually (this is not religious it is about their character) weak, they are not standing up and fighting they are just giving in. Yes our game plan stinks but at least make an effort. I played in a side that had trouble just making the numbers to not forfeit. We lost plenty, some by a lot, but when we had the numbers we were not a bad side. You had to have at least 15 players not to forfeit. We never got that bad but I can remember playing with only 16 or 17 players. We never gave up and I remember one game with only 17 players we were ahead into the last only to get pipped by one point to the eventual premiers. We never gave up. We never let the psychological and physical disadvantage get the better of us. We always believed we could and would win, even with less players, 16 to 19 players.

If these blokes let a couple of premiership losses get the better of them they are pussies and weak as piss. I don't want players who have no psychological and physical toughness playing for my footy club. I understand the devastation, I've been there too, abate on a much lower level. It hurts. But when the going get tough the tough get going. I have fought through two terminal illnesses and survived, so far. I was given 5 years to live 30 years ago. But I believed differently. I was a tough bastard psychologically and spiritually. I got up dusted myself off and said * this I'm not going to allow this to beat me. Not everyone with this attitude survives but we sure as hell survive much longer than the quitters. These blokes need a dose of reality to get their arses off the ground and their game going. Maybe I should give them a lecture on the power of positive thinking.

Now do you believe the rumours of discontent may have substance

Oh no!
s**t! I walked away from that game thinking the players were content at 0 & 6!;)

Look guys! Of course they are discontent. They lost a GF last year & are now the bottom club of the competition, many players are carrying niggles & being played & others think they are better than they actually are & should be playing seniors & when they do & fall well short of their own expectations, then they become discontent. Losing creates bad vibes around the club so it is important we get a win this week against the Lions. Forget where they were or are on the ladder. We just need to put together a confidence building game.

I have no doubt they are discontent. They should be. At this point they are playing for a bottom club.
Let's see if they have the ticker as a collective, to dig themselves out of this.

Oh no!
s**t! I walked away from that game thinking the players were content at 0 & 6!;)

Look guys! Of course they are discontent. They lost a GF last year & are now the bottom club of the competition, many players are carrying niggles & being played & others think they are better than they actually are & should be playing seniors & when they do & fall well short of their own expectations, then they become discontent. Losing creates bad vibes around the club so it is important we get a win this week against the Lions. Forget where they were or are on the ladder. We just need to put together a confidence building game.

I have no doubt they are discontent. They should be. At this point they are playing for a bottom club.
Let's see if they have the ticker as a collective, to dig themselves out of this.

More to it than that

Mitchell's booming voice the main thing missing this year.

Dare I say it!
Not enough pointing on the ground Bedders.

Here's a thought. Who here thinks that Macca would have been a calming influence out there yesterday?
He definitely uses his voice.

No Macca, Jack & Rampe & we've lost some real vocal leaders out there when we need it most.
The young kids are looking for it.

Dare I say it!
Not enough pointing on the ground Bedders.

Here's a thought. Who here thinks that Macca would have been a calming influence out there yesterday?
He definitely uses his voice.

No Macca, Jack & Rampe & we've lost some real vocal leaders out there when we need it most.
The young kids are looking for it.

I still think McVeigh is important, just can't be a net negative which he was at times last year.

Depends who you believe mate

More than a few on here know what happened

I certainly do
Quite honestly mate, I wouldn't have a clue! When people call something a rumour, I just take it as that but I'm always happy hearing them...some are juicy!

So tell me people, with the guru of the 'bloods culture' amidst our coaching structure, how is it that there could be any discontent among the playing group?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back